Dear God... Please KILL ME NOW!!!!

This is a discussion on Dear God... Please KILL ME NOW!!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The following comment is copied from here: http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=389x742196 "You are in a room of say 30 people, this guy starts blasting away, and then some ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear God... Please KILL ME NOW!!!!

Dear God... Please KILL ME NOW!!!!

The following comment is copied from here:
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=389x742196

"You are in a room of say 30 people, this guy starts blasting away, and then some guy like Dick Cheney pulls out his concealed weapon. Now remember, Dick Cheney, quintessential RW tough guy and avid hunter, shot up his own hunting partner while hunting quail, in a controlled environment when they practically have quail thrown in front of them to shoot. Not very stressful. Not too difficult. But somehow Cheney managed to panic and shoot another person.

Do you know that even trained police officers only hit their targets like 40 percent of the time in a heated battle? Do you realize how many trained soldiers are killed by other trained soldiers in friendly fire incidents? Last week, I think, even a Secret Service agent had a gun accidentally go off and injure others within the White House gates. You might think an SS agent has more experience with a gun and with safety than like 99 percent of the country. Consider what would happen if a whole society of yokels were armed.

I'm from Montana. Pretty much everybody I know hunts. Many friends and people I know have been in the military. I know lots of people in law enforcement. I literally know hundreds if not thousands of people who have experience handling guns.

You know how many of them I would trust to use a gun in a heated situation?

Maybe 4 or 5 of them at most.

In fact, the most gun experienced people I know also tend to be the goofiest. I know life long hunters who disparage Dems and other politicians for wanting gun control. Let me tell you these guys are not trustworthy. I know people who do stupid **** with guns all the time. Like this one guy who used to rail against Clinton, this guy and his family were always doing dumb things, like putting on several coats and shooting each other with birdshot. Yeah, that takes a genius. Or this one guy who used to take kittens and throw them off a train trestle and shoot them on the way down. Yeah, that's a guy I want pulling out a gun in a stressful situation.

Also, strictly speaking about men, it's a very unmanly thing to have to carry a gun around on your person out of fear like that. If a guy is so insecure, fearful and wimpy that he believes it's necessary to carry a gun at all times, then I would have to question their ability to handle themselves with a weapon in the first place. Plenty of guys I know think they are tough simply because they have a gun. Those types of men would be dangerous in a fire fight. Not to mention at other times. Imagine a wimp like that getting in an office argument. Would he out of insecurity decide to pull his gun out? Those types just aren't trustworthy. Unless somebody is in law enforcement or something like that, then feeling the need to carry a weapon around constantly is a serious character flaw, and a dangerous one.

You know, I have had guns pulled on me before. I have had a few knives pulled on me. Once I was even robbed. In those situations, you barely have time to think. In a knife situation myself and a few people started to rush the guy and he backed off and left. In the robbery once I saw the guy never had a weapon I tried to chase him down and he got away. But each time it all happened so fast that one false move on my part could have meant serious injury or death. I was fortunate enough to have kept my head. Now with the guns, I know for a fact that if I had a weapon on me and tried to pull it out I would have been shot to death. It was too fast, the people already had the gun pointed at me. If I went for something, trying to be a hero, it would have been over. That **** only happens to superheroes and in movies or in very lucky situations.

The rest of the time it's dangerous.

You know, I don't know the whole solution here, but I do know that it's insane to think that having everybody out there packing heat everywhere they go is a viable solution. It's just not and frankly anybody who thinks so has some serious problems.

Now maybe somebody with a gun could have stopped Cho from killing so many people. Maybe, but that is a big maybe.

And, in the end, having an armed class of insecure, jittery wimps like Dick Cheney would likely cause more shootings than anything. Just ask his quail hunting buddies.
    "
    Ok. My head just exploded. ***???!!! How do these people continue to function and breed?

2. Remove Ads

The link address is a good clue.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Assistant Administrator
    You know, I don't know the whole solution here, but I do know that it's insane to think that having everybody out there packing heat everywhere they go is a viable solution. It's just not and frankly anybody who thinks so has some serious problems.
    So - clever guy - let's hear the better solutions huh?!

Maybe this guy does not place that high of a value on his or his family's lives.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Blah... Blah... Blah... You can't reason with someone who is "always" right.

He'll be the first one looking for those untrustworthy buddies when the SHTF.
    Last edited by 4my sons; April 25th, 2007 at 04:06 PM.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

As usual, this type of argument just flies in the face of reality. They deal in pure hypotheticals a never cite a single real-world instance of where a bunch of panicky concealed weapons carriers started blazing away. It just doesn't happen. On the contrary, direct action has in fact been successful in the face of attacks similar to the one at VT. Consider UT where the killer was much better armed, trained and potentially much more deadly. See this thread: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=23822 . Then there was the incident at Appalachian State in 2002, which could easily have been just as deadly as VT.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

these people are not living in the real world
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Administrator
    I can tell by the way that is written that it's total made up BS & just written for the total shock value. It' all anti-gun "agenda" fabricated.

I especially like the part about the kittens.

Facts and reality are not important to the liberal left anti-gunners because their readers are too moronically trusting to even want to bother to check anything out.

It's SO MUCH EASIER just to believe everything is bad about guns and shooters.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

He got one thing right: It does happen too fast to react when you live with your head up your &#@!
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

He comes acorss to me as an idiot who knows not anything about what he speaks of.
    Now I'm no fan of Dick Cheney but the posters use of him as justification against CCW is wholly ridiculous. How about we limit against persons who are aged 60+. That surely would fix tings considering what all happened to Big Dick Cheney.

That guys post was moronic.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

This guy must hate Dick Cheney. He sure has it out for somebody. Mabe it's those relitives of his that wear so many coats and shoot at each other or because of thr wacky neighborhood he lives in. This guy might go postal at any time.

Senior Moderator
    If my relatives wore coats and went around shooting themselves I would NOT lay claim to them, and I certainly wouldn't own up to even KNOWING a guy who tortured kittens that I didn't call the humane society on in two minutes.

Too much free time.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Senior Moderator
    That guy is a wacko and shouldn't be allowed to own a gun or drive a car.

His family has mental issues and he watched someone torture a kitten and did nothing. I mean does he enjoy watching kittens tortured?
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Reality vs. hot air

It is hard to know where to start in refuting this diatribe, since it seems to be emotional hot air from start to finish. So I'll pick just one item from the article, where the writer says:

"I do know that it's insane to think that having everybody out there packing heat everywhere they go is a viable solution."
    He says "everyone" packing heat, when the reality of CCW is that in shall issue states that have had CCW for a long time, only about 2% of the adult population will typically jump through the hoops to obtain a permit and arm themselves. The other 98% won't choose to, even when they have the opportunity. So "everyone" packing heat has never happened and will never happen, because only a small minority will do it. And that small minority is the most motivated and capable segment of the population, and in the majority of states they are already trained, armed and packing. So what is this guy talking about when he says "everyone"? It is all hot air and BS.

Another nutcase with a mental disorder.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links