Defensive Carry banner

Dear God... Please KILL ME NOW!!!!

7K views 57 replies 52 participants last post by  Alien Nation 
#1 ·
The following comment is copied from here:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x742196

"You are in a room of say 30 people, this guy starts blasting away, and then some guy like Dick Cheney pulls out his concealed weapon. Now remember, Dick Cheney, quintessential RW tough guy and avid hunter, shot up his own hunting partner while hunting quail, in a controlled environment when they practically have quail thrown in front of them to shoot. Not very stressful. Not too difficult. But somehow Cheney managed to panic and shoot another person.

Do you know that even trained police officers only hit their targets like 40 percent of the time in a heated battle? Do you realize how many trained soldiers are killed by other trained soldiers in friendly fire incidents? Last week, I think, even a Secret Service agent had a gun accidentally go off and injure others within the White House gates. You might think an SS agent has more experience with a gun and with safety than like 99 percent of the country. Consider what would happen if a whole society of yokels were armed.

I'm from Montana. Pretty much everybody I know hunts. Many friends and people I know have been in the military. I know lots of people in law enforcement. I literally know hundreds if not thousands of people who have experience handling guns.

You know how many of them I would trust to use a gun in a heated situation?

Maybe 4 or 5 of them at most.

In fact, the most gun experienced people I know also tend to be the goofiest. I know life long hunters who disparage Dems and other politicians for wanting gun control. Let me tell you these guys are not trustworthy. I know people who do stupid **** with guns all the time. Like this one guy who used to rail against Clinton, this guy and his family were always doing dumb things, like putting on several coats and shooting each other with birdshot. Yeah, that takes a genius. Or this one guy who used to take kittens and throw them off a train trestle and shoot them on the way down. Yeah, that's a guy I want pulling out a gun in a stressful situation.

Also, strictly speaking about men, it's a very unmanly thing to have to carry a gun around on your person out of fear like that. If a guy is so insecure, fearful and wimpy that he believes it's necessary to carry a gun at all times, then I would have to question their ability to handle themselves with a weapon in the first place. Plenty of guys I know think they are tough simply because they have a gun. Those types of men would be dangerous in a fire fight. Not to mention at other times. Imagine a wimp like that getting in an office argument. Would he out of insecurity decide to pull his gun out? Those types just aren't trustworthy. Unless somebody is in law enforcement or something like that, then feeling the need to carry a weapon around constantly is a serious character flaw, and a dangerous one.

You know, I have had guns pulled on me before. I have had a few knives pulled on me. Once I was even robbed. In those situations, you barely have time to think. In a knife situation myself and a few people started to rush the guy and he backed off and left. In the robbery once I saw the guy never had a weapon I tried to chase him down and he got away. But each time it all happened so fast that one false move on my part could have meant serious injury or death. I was fortunate enough to have kept my head. Now with the guns, I know for a fact that if I had a weapon on me and tried to pull it out I would have been shot to death. It was too fast, the people already had the gun pointed at me. If I went for something, trying to be a hero, it would have been over. That **** only happens to superheroes and in movies or in very lucky situations.

The rest of the time it's dangerous.

You know, I don't know the whole solution here, but I do know that it's insane to think that having everybody out there packing heat everywhere they go is a viable solution. It's just not and frankly anybody who thinks so has some serious problems.

Now maybe somebody with a gun could have stopped Cho from killing so many people. Maybe, but that is a big maybe.

And, in the end, having an armed class of insecure, jittery wimps like Dick Cheney would likely cause more shootings than anything. Just ask his quail hunting buddies.
"
Ok. My head just exploded. WTF???!!! How do these people continue to function and breed?

#3 ·
You know, I don't know the whole solution here, but I do know that it's insane to think that having everybody out there packing heat everywhere they go is a viable solution. It's just not and frankly anybody who thinks so has some serious problems.
So - clever guy - let's hear the better solutions huh?!

Maybe this guy does not place that high of a value on his or his family's lives.

#4 · (Edited)
Blah... Blah... Blah... You can't reason with someone who is "always" right.

He'll be the first one looking for those untrustworthy buddies when the SHTF.

#5 ·
As usual, this type of argument just flies in the face of reality. They deal in pure hypotheticals a never cite a single real-world instance of where a bunch of panicky concealed weapons carriers started blazing away. It just doesn't happen. On the contrary, direct action has in fact been successful in the face of attacks similar to the one at VT. Consider UT where the killer was much better armed, trained and potentially much more deadly. See this thread: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23822 . Then there was the incident at Appalachian State in 2002, which could easily have been just as deadly as VT.

#7 ·
I can tell by the way that is written that it's total made up BS & just written for the total shock value. It' all anti-gun "agenda" fabricated.

I especially like the part about the kittens.

Facts and reality are not important to the liberal left anti-gunners because their readers are too moronically trusting to even want to bother to check anything out.

It's SO MUCH EASIER just to believe everything is bad about guns and shooters.

#9 ·
He comes acorss to me as an idiot who knows not anything about what he speaks of.
Now I'm no fan of Dick Cheney but the posters use of him as justification against CCW is wholly ridiculous. How about we limit against persons who are aged 60+. That surely would fix tings considering what all happened to Big Dick Cheney.

That guys post was moronic.

- Janq

#11 ·
If my relatives wore coats and went around shooting themselves I would NOT lay claim to them, and I certainly wouldn't own up to even KNOWING a guy who tortured kittens that I didn't call the humane society on in two minutes.

#13 ·
That guy is a wacko and shouldn't be allowed to own a gun or drive a car.

His family has mental issues and he watched someone torture a kitten and did nothing. I mean does he enjoy watching kittens tortured?

#14 ·
Reality vs. hot air

It is hard to know where to start in refuting this diatribe, since it seems to be emotional hot air from start to finish. So I'll pick just one item from the article, where the writer says:

"I do know that it's insane to think that having everybody out there packing heat everywhere they go is a viable solution."
He says "everyone" packing heat, when the reality of CCW is that in shall issue states that have had CCW for a long time, only about 2% of the adult population will typically jump through the hoops to obtain a permit and arm themselves. The other 98% won't choose to, even when they have the opportunity. So "everyone" packing heat has never happened and will never happen, because only a small minority will do it. And that small minority is the most motivated and capable segment of the population, and in the majority of states they are already trained, armed and packing. So what is this guy talking about when he says "everyone"? It is all hot air and BS.

#29 ·
with a keyboard, computer and internet connection...there oughtta be a law! :aargh4:

#16 ·
Oh and rember we are all unmanly since we need to have guns to feel safe.

#17 ·
Go read about mikeb's talk with his Dean of students to get the countering effect we all need after reading that tripe. My only hope is that for every one of these nut jobs out there, we have a thoughtful, reasoned, and well spoken guy (or gal) like him.

#19 ·
I would bet every dollar in my bank account that I could take that guy apart unarmed. I am quite secure in my ability to take care of myself. However, no man can stand up to a bullet. If you intentionally go to a gunfight with nothing more than your fists, you will soon be the guest of honor at a local church assembly. Everyone will file by to say hi, too bad you won't ever know about it.

#21 ·
MOTHER OF BUDDHA! I have never seen so much nonsense packed into one place. That Democratic Underground website was a friggin' sheep farm. I couldn't stay long. Notice how every single argument is based on hypothetical scenarios and opinions? No links to statistics or first-hand stories.

I absolutely love this essay. Read it the other day...may even have been linked from a thread here. It is about sheep vs sheepdogs.
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2004/10/i_only_hang_wit.html

Obviously the sheep at Democratic Underground don't understand a sheepdog mentality. They think everyone must be like them. Well, I wouldn't trust a sheep with a gun, either.

#22 · (Edited)
OK

"I know people who do stupid **** with guns all the time. Like this one guy who used to rail against Clinton, this guy and his family were always doing dumb things, like putting on several coats and shooting each other with birdshot."

Oh...You KNOW them - so naturally you reported those incidents to the Police so that they could be charged with reckless endangerment or unlawful discharge of a firearm?
Certainly since they are such hated stupid gun toting Clinton Hating morons and (as you say) you KNOW THEM - you won't mind posting their names and phone numbers here...so that us responsible gun owners can call them up and straighten them out.

"Or this one guy who used to take kittens and throw them off a train trestle and shoot them on the way down."

And naturally (The Amazingly Truthful Cat Lover That You Are) you're on record as having reported that guy to the Humane Society or A.S.P.C.A. or some other animal rights organization...and you can tell us all where you reported it and on what day so that we can make a phone call and fact check that. Because we have many dog and cat lovers here that would just love to know who that guy is.

You Perma~Victim Useless Liberal Left Wing Wimp Bull$h1tter You. :mad:

#23 ·
Ever have a covey of quail flush right by you ??? It is anything but stress free and peaceful. It will startle the heck out of you, even when you have an idea its coming..
and this clown who wrote the little diatribe is nothing short of of an idiot, and I'm being polite.

#25 · (Edited)
Where the hell does he hang around, an Insane Asylum?
He seems like he hangs aroung with every nut in town, that is if he is even telling the truth....What a Moron.
By the way, 90% or more Cops don't even take a shot unless the coast is clear, so even if they miss, they won't hurt a bistandard.

#26 ·
They spout more ka-ka than a heard of cows. I'm still waiting on their "fact" that a legally concealed license holder shot an innocent bystander. I know of occasions where LEOs have done it by accident, but do not personally know of a single case where a CCL holder has pulled their weapon, discharged it at a BG and hit an innocent. If there is please let me know.

#27 ·
Like I said on another thread, even if he is right, how much worse could it be? I would rather someone accidently shoot a friendly than have an idiot murderer in the room shooting every fish in the barrel. These shooters are cowards anyway, so if one person showed or fired back they would probably run away.

#28 ·
In a knife situation myself and a few people started to rush the guy and he backed off and left. In the robbery once I saw the guy never had a weapon I tried to chase him down and he got away. But each time it all happened so fast that one false move on my part could have meant serious injury or death. I was fortunate enough to have kept my head.
And what false move would that have been? Charging a guy with a knife and chasing after a robber? What could you possibly have done worse than that and get yourself injured?!?

And can anyone please explain to me how chasing down armed and unarmed bad guys is keeping your head?

Not sure how old this knucklehead is, but where is it he lives that he has been in so many violent/potentially violent confrontations? Methinks he lies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.