Concealed Carbine/Rifle? - Page 2

Concealed Carbine/Rifle?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carbine/Rifle? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Landor Here in Michigan they are called CPL just for that reason. P = Pistol but you knew that. Some states are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed Carbine/Rifle?

Good 'Ole Florida...CWFL

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    Here in Michigan they are called CPL just for that reason. P = Pistol but you knew that. Some states are CHL and so on. I do not think there is a true CCW license anymore but I could be wrong.
    Concealed Weapon or Firearm License...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

1. Display or carrying prohibited. A person may not, unless excepted by a provision of law:

A. Display in a threatening manner a firearm, slungshot, knuckles, bowie knife, dirk, stiletto or other dangerous or deadly weapon usually employed in the attack on or defense of a person; or [2003, c. 452, Pt. N, 2 (new); Pt. X, 2 (aff).]

B. Wear under the person's clothes or conceal about the person's person a firearm, slungshot, knuckles, bowie knife, dirk, stiletto or other dangerous or deadly weapon usually employed in the attack on or defense of a person. [2003, c. 452, Pt. N, 2 (new); Pt. X, 2 (aff).]

[2003, c. 452, Pt. N, 2 (new); Pt. X, 2 (aff).]

2. Exceptions. The provisions of this section concerning the carrying of concealed weapons do not apply to:
    A. Firearms carried by a person to whom a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm has been issued as provided in this chapter; [2003, c. 452, Pt. N, 2 (new); Pt. X, 2 (aff).]
    12-A. "Firearm" means any weapon, whether loaded or unloaded, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive and includes any such weapon commonly referred to as a pistol, revolver, rifle, gun, machine gun or shotgun. Any weapon which can be made into a firearm by the insertion of a firing pin, or other similar thing, or by repair, is a firearm.[1983, c. 219 (amd).]
    State gives a "concealed weapons" permit , doesn't say it can't be a rifle . For that matter it could be a machete, knife, sledgehammer , etc .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmmatssc View Post
    Ok people , I'm gonna ask a (stupid?) question . This especially goes to mainers who might be able to answer . If a concealed permit covers "firearms" without mention of pistol , rifle , etc , does that mean I could legally conceal carry a rifle or carbine?

State law :

But , in the hunting regulations you get this :

Here's the whole text for a concealed permit , and nowhere does it specify "pistol"

http://janus.state.me.us/legis/statu...25sec2003.html

Anyways , just wondering about it . Not thinking of carrying my M44 concealed , lol , but my SUB 2000 on the other hand
    Seems you answered your own question with the hunting law excerpt.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    In Texas you used to see a lot of rifles and shotguns in the back windows of trucks. You don't see it much anymore but I asked a LEO if it was still legal and he told me I could take a shotgun or a rifle almost anywhere as long as it was not concealed. I did not ask if my CHL (Concealed Handgun License) allowed it!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Just pick up a Kel-tec PLR16 is a 223 pistol you can carry on any permit!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by cmidkiff View Post
    The only way to be comfortable with a question like this would be to ask a lawyer, or call the DA's office.

In Missouri, it's a CCW (Concealed Carry Weapons) permit, and I can carry any weapon that isn't illegal to possess in the state.

Just how are you planning on concealing a carbine, anyway?
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Boone county prosecuted someone for carrying a concealed knife. Here is the story. http://www.missouricarry.com/forums/...ic.php?t=15253
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Semper Fi

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Ohio Sheriffs issue Concealed Handgun Licenses. And that is the only thing they are good for: handguns.

Administrator

Post Did You Read This At The Bottom Of The Page?

The Revisor's Office cannot provide legal advice or interpretation of Maine law to the public.
    If you need legal advice, please consult a qualified attorney.

That is good advice.
    Please do consult a qualified attorney.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    In Texas you used to see a lot of rifles and shotguns in the back windows of trucks. You don't see it much anymore but I asked a LEO if it was still legal and he told me I could take a shotgun or a rifle almost anywhere as long as it was not concealed. I did not ask if my CHL (Concealed Handgun License) allowed it!
    Timmy, that LEO is wrong! In Texas handguns are not allowed on or about your person open or concealed. If you have a CHL then you can have a handgun on or about your person but it must be concealed. You may have a shotgun or rifle with you wherever you want (not counting the federal weapon free zones-unless you have CHL, or the few places prohibited by our state law). You can have a rifle or shotgun hanging in the gun rack if you want. Long guns do not fall under that area of the law.

46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his person a handgun, illegal knife, or club.

but keep in mind:
    46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly
    possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a

(look this up here: http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes...0.htm#46.01.00)
    Last edited by 64zebra; April 28th, 2007 at 02:49 AM.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links