Huckabee's son arrested with handgun

This is a discussion on Huckabee's son arrested with handgun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Huckabee's son arrested with handgun By ANDREW DeMILLO, Associated Press Writer 23 minutes ago LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - David Huckabee, a son of Republican presidential ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

By ANDREW DeMILLO, Associated Press Writer
    23 minutes ago

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - David Huckabee, a son of Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, was arrested at an Arkansas airport Thursday after a federal X-ray technician detected a loaded Glock pistol in his carry-on luggage.

"I removed the bag and asked Mr. Huckabee if he knew what he had in the bag," Little Rock police officer Arthur Nugent wrote in a report after he was summoned to a security checkpoint. "He replied he did now."

Huckabee, 26, later pleaded guilty in Little Rock District Court after being charged with a misdemeanor count of possessing a weapon in a prohibited place.

District Judge Lee Munson gave Huckabee a one-year suspended jail sentence and ordered him into 10 days of community service — which Huckabee can avoid by paying $100. Huckabee will be on probation for a year. Fines and costs totaled $855.

The son of the former Arkansas governor holds a concealed weapons permit. The elder Huckabee, who said last week that Virginia Tech gunman Cho Seung-Hui perhaps could have been stopped if a teacher or student had also been armed, also has a concealed weapons permit.

Neither the former governor nor David Huckabee returned telephone messages seeking comment.

Nugent said David Huckabee had a .40-caliber Glock pistol in his black carry-on bag. Eight live rounds were in the gun — none in the chamber — and a nine-round clip was also in the bag. The weapon and ammunition were detained by Little Rock police while David Huckabee's gun permit was seized and given to the Arkansas State Police.

misdemeanor count of possessing a weapon in a porhibited place huh? Anyone else would be charged with an act of terrorism of some sort I'm sure.

VIP Member
    That is a nightmare I have, forgetting to take your gun out or off before going some place like that is stupid, but something any of us could do.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
    misdemeanor count of possessing a weapon in a porhibited place huh? Anyone else would be charged with an act of terrorism of some sort I'm sure.
    Actually no, it isn't that uncommon for something like this to happen and you don't get charged with anything terrorist related unless you were attempting to do something terrorist related.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I don't really worry about not remembering that I am armed with a handgun.

I think that's the EXCUSE that people like this give when they get CAUGHT TRYING to bring a handgun where it is prohibited.

(Notice that I did not say "trying to bring a handgun where they 'shouldn't.'")

I dunno, there are times i forget that im carrying my keltec or snubby just because im so used to them being there. (banks, post offices, and the bar section of a restuarant once) I know its no excuse but hey we all do stupid stuff when we are in a hurry. Although i would probably have to have a stroke to forget i have a glock in my carry on!!!
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Responsibility...

Part of the responsibility of CC is knowing where your sidearm is...not leaving it unattended. Much like my feeling of 'no such thing as an AD'...it is a Negligent Discharge...PERIOD.

We have discussed individuals who have left guns behind in a bathroom...by accident?...or lack of responsibility? I guess it's a matter of WHO does it! If I should leave a gun behind or in my bag at the airport, it's an accident. If someone else should leave a gun behind or in their bag at the airport, it's negligence.

Both the accident and the negligence equal a lack of responsibility.

The consequences?...Not sure...I just think we must give the ultimate attention to the ultimate responsibility.

OMO...YOMV

Stay armed...not at the airport...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Agreed 100% Resupt99.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    To bad he did something stupid but it is good to know that a Presidential Candidate has a CHL after I just watched the Dems and of 8 4 of them said that they have had a gun in their house during their adult life.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I know where my guns are at all times. I just can't relate to this.

Senior Moderator
    The Huckabee family is pretty pro-gun.

His wife Janet was featured on the news shooting an MP5 full auto at a police range. She was loving every minute of it.

It got quite a few responses from the antigun democrats about the image she presented.

The Huckabee men are avid duck hunters and turkey hunters and the ex gov has been featured in the Arkansas Game and Fish magazine.

For a potential presidential candidate, one could do much worse.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    My gun is gonna be either on my hip, my safe, my night stand or my range bag.
    I have to be pretty out of it to bring any of the above to a secure airport area with the gun.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Not a good move!!!!!

Check out this link!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070427/..._yCZmVz7Vh24cA

"a federal X-ray technician detected a loaded Glock pistol in his carry-on luggage"

I thought Glocks did not show up on x-ray…* joking *

He is not a smart man! "Momma said life was like a box of cholicks you never know what your going to get!"
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links