Our (former) diplomats at work - UNBELIEVABLE! - merge

This is a discussion on Our (former) diplomats at work - UNBELIEVABLE! - merge within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The author is obviously a moron and possibly himself "unhinged" to seriously propose such a cockamamie and flatly unAmerican scheme. What's next on his agenda? ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Our (former) diplomats at work - UNBELIEVABLE! - merge

The author is obviously a moron and possibly himself "unhinged" to seriously propose such a cockamamie and flatly unAmerican scheme.

What's next on his agenda? How about we pre-emptively penalize all persons of color, foreigners, and people with tattoos too because well they are just gonna commit a crime sooner or later. So we could at birth band them all with a GPS locator device that also has a built in shocker device to be monitored by a govt. run central agency.
    As soon as they are detected straying further than ~10 ft. from there allowed and pre-registered zone of living, education, or work then well tick tick tick tick....60K volts direct into their ankle.

Just imagine how much safer we all would be.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Buckeye, the Saiga was invented for Russians to have an AK platform to hunt with (according to their story anyway) so it wouldn't be hard at all. Now, since I am lucky enough to live somewhere with a varmit problem and a 365 day season I suppose I'm covered. Could always pistol hunt as well, so I don't believe I have anything to worry about. Thanks for helping me see the light- and loophole.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Thumbs down Toledo Blade Insanity - merge

Toledo Blade: 'Special Squads of Police' Should Disarm Americans
    Newsbusters.org ^ | 4/27/07 | Warner Todd Huston

Since the VT shootings in Blacksburg, Virginia, we have seen all manner of wild-eyed, anti-gunners come out of the woodwork to cynically use this crime as a chance to beat their gun grabbing drums. But, proposing that we send government Stormtroopers to smash down the doors of every home with a gun in it to confiscate their Constitutionally legal firearms is a step I haven't seen in a purportedly responsible newspaper. That is, until the Toledo Blade published a proposal for taking away our right to self-protection that included "Special squads of police" with unlimited powers to confiscate all guns. A hit squad that would traipse about the country invading homes at will and accosting peaceful citizens everywhere.

The author of this tyrannical proposal is Dan Simpson, who is described as "a retired Ambassador" and a "member of the editorial boards of The Blade and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. " He is a former US Ambassador to various African states... which can easily be read to mean one who thinks government knows best, darn the citizen's rights, apparently.

The piece that oozes from his pen seems overly long, the first half being an attempt by this anti-gun advocate to make it seem as if he really loves guns. After all, he played Cowboys and Indians as a kid and also had a Red Ryder BB gun. Then, later in life, carried a .357 as a "diplomat". But after the hard to believe disclaimers are dispensed with, Simpson launches into his gun banning proposal.

Now, how would one disarm the American population? First of all, federal or state laws would need to make it a crime punishable by a $1,000 fine and one year in prison per weapon to possess a firearm. The population would then be given three months to turn in their guns, without penalty.

There is a major problem legally with this supposed diplomat's plans. He never once mentions that the 2nd Amendment is a Constitutional right of the people to keep and bear arms. His proposal is completely illegal according to the Constitution of the USA unless a Constitutional Convention is called to consider amending the law of the land. One would think that an "Ambassador" would be interested in little things like following the law... but apparently not Mr. Simpson.

Worse, and as mentioned, he wants to form a veritable Stormtrooper army that will maraud throughout the country.

The disarmament process would begin after the initial three-month amnesty. Special squads of police would be formed and trained to carry out the work. Then, on a random basis to permit no advance warning, city blocks and stretches of suburban and rural areas would be cordoned off and searches carried out in every business, dwelling, and empty building. All firearms would be seized. The owners of weapons found in the searches would be prosecuted: $1,000 and one year in prison for each firearm.

... On the streets it would be a question of stop-and-search of anyone, even grandma with her walker, with the same penalties for "carrying."

Perhaps Mr. Simpson became too used to the despotic, all powerful leaders in the failed African states to which he was sent as Ambassador and their style of autocratic government made him envious. But whatever the case, Simpson truly has no grasp of the country in which he lives because he doesn't mention any of it. No mention of the Constitution, our history, world history and the despots who ruled with an iron fist over an unarmed populace, or the principles upon which this country was founded make even a tiny appearance in his piece. Just his desire to hand all power to his hand picked goon squad who will roam about the country attacking law abiding citizens.

The hit squad Simpson envisions isn't his only anti-gun measure, of course.

He proposes gun dealers still be "allowed" to sell guns but only to museums. He thinks hunters should still be allowed their gun but he has created his own ideas of a classified "hunting weapon" that will have to be locked up with the police except during "hunting season" -- a vague notion in Simpson's mind obviously. After all, "hunting seasons" are different all over the place and allow for hunting different types of game all year long. Obviously Simpson has no clue of what "hunting season" really means. His idea would necessitate a Federal Hunting law, and would take more power from the various states.

Speaking of hunters, Simpson appears to imagine that all hunters are mass murderers just waiting for their chance to kill all around them, too. But, that their murdering rampages might be a "lesser sort of issue."

There could conceivably also be a rash of score-settling during hunting season as people drew out their weapons, ostensibly to shoot squirrels and deer, and began eliminating various of their perceived two-footed enemies. Given the general nature of hunting weapons and the fact that such killings are frequently time-sensitive, that seems a lesser sort of issue.

Simpson also seems to imagine that Mexico and Canada would rush into the gun selling business once we illegally outlaw them and send our Stormtrooping armies throughout the country to confiscate US citizen's firearms.

America's long land and sea borders present another kind of problem. It is easy to imagine mega-gun dealerships installing themselves in Mexico, and perhaps in more remote parts of the Canadian border area, to funnel guns into the United States. That would constitute a problem for American immigration authorities and the U.S. Coast Guard, but not an insurmountable one over time.

Yet, both Mexico and Canada have stricter gun laws than do we, so how he imagines that they would suddenly both become the virtual WalMart of guns is hard to imagine.

All in all, Simpson has done nothing but reveal that he thinks he is smarter than everyone around him and that only HE should be allowed to make all the rules. He also imagines himself smarter than the Founders as well as more able than the Supreme Court to adjudicate what should be allowable under the US Constitution.

It is no wonder that this man doesn't understand America, he seems quite unlike one.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member

Angry And this is the reason the 2A was written

Article published Wednesday, April 25, 2007
    The disarming of America

Dan Simpson, a retired diplomat, is a member of the editorial boards of The Blade and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Zoom | Photo Reprints

LAST week's tragedy at Virginia Tech in which a mentally disturbed person gunned down 32 of America's finest - intelligent young people with futures ahead of them - once again puts the phenomenon of an armed society into focus for Americans.

The likely underestimate of how many guns are wandering around America runs at 240 million in a population of about 300 million. What was clear last week is that at least two of those guns were in the wrong hands.

When people talk about doing something about guns in America, it often comes down to this: "How could America disarm even if it wanted to? There are so many guns out there."

Because I have little or no power to influence the "if" part of the issue, I will stick with the "how." And before anyone starts to hyperventilate and think I'm a crazed liberal zealot wanting to take his gun from his cold, dead hands, let me share my experience of guns.

As a child I played cowboys and Indians with cap guns. I had a Daisy Red Ryder B-B gun. My father had in his bedside table drawer an old pistol which I examined surreptitiously from time to time. When assigned to the American embassy in Beirut during the war in Lebanon, I sometimes carried a .357 Magnum, which I could fire accurately. I also learned to handle and fire a variety of weapons while I was there, including Uzis and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.

I don't have any problem with hunting, although blowing away animals with high-powered weapons seems a pointless, no-contest affair to me. I suppose I would enjoy the fellowship of the experience with other friends who are hunters.

Now, how would one disarm the American population? First of all, federal or state laws would need to make it a crime punishable by a $1,000 fine and one year in prison per weapon to possess a firearm. The population would then be given three months to turn in their guns, without penalty.

Hunters would be able to deposit their hunting weapons in a centrally located arsenal, heavily guarded, from which they would be able to withdraw them each hunting season upon presentation of a valid hunting license. The weapons would be required to be redeposited at the end of the season on pain of arrest. When hunters submit a request for their weapons, federal, state, and local checks would be made to establish that they had not been convicted of a violent crime since the last time they withdrew their weapons. In the process, arsenal staff would take at least a quick look at each hunter to try to affirm that he was not obviously unhinged.

It would have to be the case that the term "hunting weapon" did not include anti-tank ordnance, assault weapons, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, or other weapons of war.

All antique or interesting non-hunting weapons would be required to be delivered to a local or regional museum, also to be under strict 24-hour-a-day guard. There they would be on display, if the owner desired, as part of an interesting exhibit of antique American weapons, as family heirlooms from proud wars past or as part of collections.

Gun dealers could continue their work, selling hunting and antique firearms. They would be required to maintain very tight inventories. Any gun sold would be delivered immediately by the dealer to the nearest arsenal or the museum, not to the buyer.

The disarmament process would begin after the initial three-month amnesty. Special squads of police would be formed and trained to carry out the work. Then, on a random basis to permit no advance warning, city blocks and stretches of suburban and rural areas would be cordoned off and searches carried out in every business, dwelling, and empty building. All firearms would be seized. The owners of weapons found in the searches would be prosecuted: $1,000 and one year in prison for each firearm.

Clearly, since such sweeps could not take place all across the country at the same time. But fairly quickly there would begin to be gun-swept, gun-free areas where there should be no firearms. If there were, those carrying them would be subject to quick confiscation and prosecution. On the streets it would be a question of stop-and-search of anyone, even grandma with her walker, with the same penalties for "carrying."

The "gun lobby" would no doubt try to head off in the courts the new laws and the actions to implement them. They might succeed in doing so, although the new approach would undoubtedly prompt new, vigorous debate on the subject. In any case, some jurisdictions would undoubtedly take the opportunity of the chronic slowness of the courts to begin implementing the new approach.

America's long land and sea borders present another kind of problem. It is easy to imagine mega-gun dealerships installing themselves in Mexico, and perhaps in more remote parts of the Canadian border area, to funnel guns into the United States. That would constitute a problem for American immigration authorities and the U.S. Coast Guard, but not an insurmountable one over time.

There could conceivably also be a rash of score-settling during hunting season as people drew out their weapons, ostensibly to shoot squirrels and deer, and began eliminating various of their perceived two-footed enemies. Given the general nature of hunting weapons and the fact that such killings are frequently time-sensitive, that seems a lesser sort of issue.

That is my idea of how it could be done. The desire to do so on the part of the American people is another question altogether, but one clearly raised again by the Blacksburg tragedy.

Dan Simpson, a retired diplomat, is a member of the editorial boards of The Blade and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    2 words

MOLON LABE
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Molon Labe

What this feller doesn't take into consideration is that there would be no police officer in their right mind that would volunteer for that blood-bath. Iraq would look like a Sunday-school picnic.
    Press the fight!

Assistant Administrator
    Guys - I have done a merge and will remove one or two posts now not needed ... hope you'll understand.

Apologies too if merge sequence is not ideal.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Please do Chris
    Randy Cain.

Do you think maybe, that this wing-nut is baiting us? You know, trying to get someone to threaten him, so he could say "See, those crazy gun-nuts can't be trusted!"
    Press the fight!

In a country where that scenario could take place, his freedom of the press would be revoked as well. He proposes to trample on so many freedoms, but forgets the what gives him the right to say such things.

Without the Second Amendment, the others are just words on paper.

Mr. Simpson, you are free to say whatever is needed to reveal your ignorance. It was people willing to use guns against such forces that gave you the right to that freedom. You're welcome.

it might work, to decrease crime for awhile. The real problem is he is basicly proposing a police state. Political science says more freedom = more danger. I think it's true. The worst of criminals get off all the time because we can't conduct illegal search and seizures. I don't like it, but I would rather let a few criminals go, even to the point of losing lives, than have every citizen scared of the government.

VIP Member
    ShowMe, anybody spouting such true anti-american feelings is an enemy of the country. He should be tried, convicted and hung from the nearest hydrant.

I know.... don't say those things, He has a right to say them and blah blah. But this is not just saying and opinion but the total subversion of the basic framework of this Country. The guys just took a dump on the second, fourth and fifth amendments without batting an eye.

Those who read Unintended Consequences should remember a passage where the MO Congressman wanted to restrict people from stocking on gas and food and was told by a retired senator that there was this little thing called the Constitution. This is exactly like that passage but worse: I am amazed that somebody actually had the gumption to write something that vile and remain an American.
    Randy Cain.

This guy is smoking "CRACK" just the thought of what he said makes my stomach churn. This would be the bloodiest civil war in the history of mankind. I just hope that everyone on this web site is a member of some PRO-GUN organization, NRA,GOA ect.ect. The time has come that every Gun owner in America needs to come together, write letters to their Congressman,Senate, Governor's, Mayor's office, Police Chief's what ever it takes. If you are reading this you have access to the Internet, it only takes a couple of minutes.

GOA is a good web site to be registered in, they will e-mail you updates all the time of bills and laws that are trying to pass through are Government, local and federal. I will edit in the actual web site. Remember don't let the other guy take care of this problem. Stand up for what we all believe in.

Am I scared "HELL YA" I'm scared!
    http://www.gunowners.org/
    Last edited by bullseye; April 27th, 2007 at 08:16 PM.
    LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE "GRAVE" SAFELY ,IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY.BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING "HOLY S@#$...WHAT A RIDE"

Sounds like a strong proponent of the police state model to me and just how is this security guard supposed to do a quick check to see if someone is "unhinged"?

He's nuttier than Sarah....living in a fantasy world of his own.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links