Our (former) diplomats at work - UNBELIEVABLE! - merge

This is a discussion on Our (former) diplomats at work - UNBELIEVABLE! - merge within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Guys - thx to Buckeye07 I realized we need yet another merge! This original thread was the first one today I think so others been ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Our (former) diplomats at work - UNBELIEVABLE! - merge

Assistant Administrator
    Guys - thx to Buckeye07 I realized we need yet another merge! This original thread was the first one today I think so others been put in with it - hope things not too seemingly disjointed!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    And I hope he does not say that his idea works. He is proposing exactly the same thing Hugo Chavez passed on Venezuela (Disarmament Law) and the crime rate skyrocketed almost inmediately. During the past Easter Weekend (6 pm Fridy night to 6am Sunday Morning) there were 191 murders in a country of 23 million people. Since the inception of the law in 2002 there has been over 85,000 murders in Venezuela (over 100,000 since he became "president")
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    I think the OP wrote that tongue in cheek. OR, he is trying to teach a lesson---that disarming would in fact not be possible without draconian approaches and insult to things like the 4th provision of the Bill of Rights.

We need look no further than the failure of prohibition and the failure of the drug war to realize that confiscation would not work, and the attempts to do so would be a disaster.

Hopyard,
    It's not the OP's words, he is quoting Dan Simpson, a former US diplomat. The sad truth is that this was an article written for newspapers, among them the Toledo Blade (which likes slowly cutting away at our civil liberties.) and does not seem to be tounge in cheek but one derranged man's actual views.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Assistant Administrator
    Since the inception of the law in 2002 there has been over 85,000 murders in Venezuela (over 100,000 since he became "president")
    If that doesn't spell out failure Miggy - I don't know what does. Of course there is still that lil word ''control'' that so many wish to impose - and we know where that has ended up in many places!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The title says it all. "The Disarming of America". Notice it isn't "Making Americans Safer" or something like that.

Anyone who has even briefly looked in their history books realizes the first step to a dictatorship is to disarm the populace. Intentional or not the rest of the piece screams oppression of the masses.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

VIP Member
    Here is his email address: dsimpson@post-gazette.com

I am about to send him a copy of the Bill of Rights. I cannot think of a better insult.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar

Rebuttal Link?

Has anyone been able to find a link to this writer (I use the term very looslely) ? I would like to send him the parallels of his demented proposal to the rise of the third riech. What a BONEHEAD
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    2 words

MOLON LABE
    Exactly, Some Nazi like confiscation of firearms will end in blood, and unless they use the entire resources of the US military will end in failure.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    If that doesn't spell out failure Miggy - I don't know what does. Of course there is still that lil word ''control'' that so many wish to impose - and we know where that has ended up in many places!
    I'm sorry, the situation in Venezuela does not amount failure at all; it's actually a big success. Disarming the population is a great thing--if you're an autocratic ruler.

85,000 murders? Who cares? That's just a side-effect of the law. The intention of a law like this, which should be obvious to anyone who's studied history, is to make it more difficult for the population to overthrow or resist the government. If it results in more crime, that really doesn't matter, as long as the governmental leaders aren't the victims.

As for the Venezuelan people, they're getting the government they voted for and deserve, as far as I'm concerned. If they don't like it, they need to do something about their government.

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Exactly, Some Nazi like confiscation of firearms will end in blood, and unless they use the entire resources of the US military will end in failure.
    It will be a failure, unless the US people capitulate. The US military wouldn't guarantee the success of such an operation. The US military can't even get the comparatively small country of Iraq under control; how could they possibly pull something like this off here? Even worse, there'd probably be a huge mutiny. How many servicemen will actually take up arms against their fellow Americans in an act so opposed to not only the 2nd amendment, but the rest of them as well (namely the one about unreasonable search & seizure)?

Military force isn't very useful in controlling populations of people, like we're seeing in Iraq. You can't force an entire population to submit to a particular government if the people (even just a subset of them) have the will to resist it. The only way to deal with an entire population that's against you is to annihilate them all with nukes, or to blockade them and force them to starve.

VIP Member
    dwolsten, beleive me when I tell you they are sorry as hell. But there is nothing they will do. Being conditioned for centuries as subjects depending on the State, they have no testicular fortitude to shake things up.

In other news, I did a quick Google search on the Adolf Simpson and I think his article has gone faster through our circles than the ill-advised Dumbo column.

I want to check democraticunderground.com, but I don't know if my stomach is up for it.
    Randy Cain.

I have only two words for Mr. Simpson, and they rhyme with...'truck two'...

OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I want to check democraticunderground.com, but I don't know if my stomach is up for it.

I already checked. He's not getting a lot of support there, even from the most ardent statists. In fact, there really only seems to be one supporter, and even that idiot isn't comfortable with the spontaneous searches.

Get rid off Welfare, force immigrants to learn english, force them to ACTUALLY pay when they get their "FREE" medical treatment at our county hospitals, and get them Louisiana evacuees out of Houston and get a darn job, then maybe we'll talk.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links