Our (former) diplomats at work - UNBELIEVABLE! - merge

This is a discussion on Our (former) diplomats at work - UNBELIEVABLE! - merge within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good God. It is amazing to think that such stupidity exists in the world in todays day and age. I feel sorry for this fool ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Our (former) diplomats at work - UNBELIEVABLE! - merge

Good God. It is amazing to think that such stupidity exists in the world in todays day and age.

I feel sorry for this fool and anyone who depends on him for their safety. Meaning, his children if he has any and God willing, he doesn't and never will.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    We don't need gun control, however, a background ckeck before being allowed to purchase pencils might be in order. Including a IQ test.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    And I hope he does not say that his idea works. He is proposing exactly the same thing Hugo Chavez passed on Venezuela (Disarmament Law) and the crime rate skyrocketed almost inmediately. During the past Easter Weekend (6 pm Fridy night to 6am Sunday Morning) there were 191 murders in a country of 23 million people. Since the inception of the law in 2002 there has been over 85,000 murders in Venezuela (over 100,000 since he became "president")
    Actually, after shooting off my mouth, I looked for some articles about this, and couldn't find much.

What I did find was that crime has been high there even before Chavez came into power, and it's gotten worse. However, this so-called disarmament law I couldn't find much about at all, just some references from last year saying they were going to do it, in order to curb the crime problem. Do you have any links for more updated information?

In conclusion, I couldn't find anything that showed Venezuela's crime problem was at all a byproduct of this disarmament law; it was pre-existing. The real problem seems to be a thoroughly corrupt police force, and probably various other social and economic problems. Of course, banning guns (and even taking them away) isn't going to solve that, or stop the crime.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I think the massive wrongs of this article have been covered already, but good lord, how do people think such measures would be anything resembling feasible or desirable?

did I read correctly? did he say "Constitution, what Constitution we don't need no Steenking Constitution"

sounded a lot like treason to me....
    Last edited by MR D; April 28th, 2007 at 12:14 AM. Reason: correct facitious quotation

VIP Member
    Most of the sources are in Spanish. It is 1:44 am and brain is in shutdown mode so I won't even try now. I do have the homicide numbers for 1995 (4.481) and 2005 (11,342). The number are the official stats of the goverment.

There is one item from pre-chavez and that was the executive order from President Caldera invalidating all CCWs in Venezuela. That was the first bump in crime. IIRC it was right before Chavez being elected President.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

The likely underestimate of how many guns are wandering around America runs at 240 million in a population of about 300 million.
    Shocking I say! Every individual should own at minimum one handgun, rifle, and shotgun. 900 million would be a pleasing figure. Unfortunately we have to make up for these slackers.

What bothers me the most is that people get scared and are then willing to give up their rights in order to "feel" safe. Like what happened after 9-11. OMG...we might die! lock me up and take away my freedom so that I can feel safe.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Hey, if this dude doesn't want any guns, he shouldn't buy any and he should get rid of any he has....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

How many here would actively resist such a move to disarm tho populace?

Quote Originally Posted by HOLYROLLER View Post
    How many here would actively resist such a move to disarm tho populace?
    Not a subject to talk about, sorry. I don't discuss hypothetical future lawbreaking behavior, it has a tendency to remain 'on file'.

In reference to governments (Nazi Germany, Venezuela, potentially the USA) disarming the populace to rule without recourse, remember the Khmer Rouge, not particularly well studied here but very interesting rise to absolute power of a regime that destroyed opponents and had very high support at first (pre-genocide).
    And what was their official party motto?

"To keep you is no benefit. To destroy you is no loss."

That is how extreme power crazed politicians can get.

Understood about the hypothetical. Just thinking that all the "SHTF" discussions would be pointless if when it actually did hit the fan we didnt have our "SHTF" weapons.

Why would I stock-up if they would just be confiscated, ya know? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLYROLLER View Post
    Understood about the hypothetical. Just thinking that all the "SHTF" discussions would be pointless if when it actually did hit the fan we didnt have our "SHTF" weapons.

Why would I stock-up if they would just be confiscated, ya know? Just a thought.
    A lot of SHTF scenarios relate to civil unrest, events similar to Katrina, or the shortages that can follow.
    A confiscation of arms by the government here would be likely perceived as a period of absolute anarchy. Probably like a coup, a revolution and an invasion all at the same time. Not many happy bunnies on either side. Laws would become unenforceable and thus moot to a great degree.
    Once the smoke cleared, after a few years, the USA would be divided into states that surrendered and states that are free.

Good point. I had this conversation with a friend this week and when I spoke of this type of scenario he acted as though I was crazy, as if it could never happen. Then I told hi what happened in N.O. during Katrina. It could be closer than we think.

This fool wants to make the Second Amendment null and void. There were many things that lead up to VA but the antis don't seem to want address these problems. It's like the anties have tunnel vision and fail to see the full picture. If he is such a hot shot on the subject of guns why dosen't he figure a way to stop the illegal drug trade which is the underlying problem of people being murdered

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links