Carol Moseley Braun just got mugged !

This is a discussion on Carol Moseley Braun just got mugged ! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While I don't wish to see someone like her be harmed, I can't help but not feel sorry for her. People like her enforce these ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carol Moseley Braun just got mugged !

While I don't wish to see someone like her be harmed, I can't help but not feel sorry for her. People like her enforce these policies which keep us unarmed, and make criminals even more bold. Their policies helped breed these criminals. In a way, I can't help but chuckle a little bit when I see the criminals bite the hands that have fed them for so long.

If anyone is going to be hurt by a criminal, I'd rather it be someone who has fought so hard to keep good people from defending against criminals through the policies they enact, than some innocent person who falls victim to the policies.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I hate to laugh at such things... but irony gets me everytime.
    Same here. I am not among those who thinks it's bad form to wish misfortune on those who would strip us of our rights, leave us defenseless, and then walk away without caring what happens to us.

To me, it's too bad he didn't rape and strangle her. Not gonna apologize. Why should I care about her? She obviously doesn't care about me. Compassion for the enemy? Not hardly. And make no mistake, when someone wants to take away your means to protect yourself, that person is your enemy, not just "someone who has a different viewpoint on a political issue." They're your enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Wessonfan View Post
    I disagree. People who think they are better than the serfs and want to disarm us deserve any harm that befalls them.
    Affirmative.

If you want to win a war, you don't shoot your enemy and then tend to his wounds. You let him die on the battlefield, right?

Relating that to this, Braun stands actively opposed to our right to have guns for our defense. If she had her way, we would be defenseless, our lives at the mercy of the criminal. So tell me why I should care that she is not harmed? I won't do the harm, but neither will I lament it if it befalls her.

It's not a "shame" when someone like this is harmed; it's a piece of good fortune for us. That may be horribly un-P.C. to say, but I stand by it. Sure, it'd be great if some experience like this brought an anti around to a clear, pro-gun way of thinking, but we know that doesn't happen. It simply doesn't. Not with politicians, anyway.

Sure, we may know people -- ordinary people -- who have gone from anti- to pro-gun. But who was the last POLITICIAN you saw get pursuaded over? I've never heard of a single one. Has there ever been a Schumer, or a Feinstein, who turned pro-gun?

So we can consider them enemies for life. As such, if they get offed, no tears gonna be shed here.

I find it funny how for years people have tried to teach us to never resist.. give a robber what they want and you won't be harmed.

This lady doesn't practice what she preaches. It's a little different once it's HER that the crime is happenng to. some thug going to take her hard earned money... not if she can help it.

but hey, we're all suppose to comply and never fight back.

They tell us that because they want a society totally conditioned to allowing itself to be abused. Once they see and are confident that we won't even fight for our lives and property against criminals, they'll know that as the government, they can get away with anything and we'll just stand there stupidly and look around saying, "Um, who's going to save us and fight for us?" Of course, the answer by that point will be "no one."

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I think she should sue the police for not being there to protect her... oh wait... you mean the police CAN'T be held responsible for her protection. Crap!
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

I looked deep within my heart of hearts and i cant find any sympathy for her at all. be cause we know now what will happen, and it wont be good for us even though he used a knife.... i hope she heals and maybe she will cross the line but i think thats a falisy we will never see she will become more of a pitbull and god help us.... i hope i'm wrong though.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I didn't know that crime could happen to the anti's, they sure act like it can't. Life sucks for her!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Thumbs down Being nasty to your neighbor hood mugger

Maybe this will wake people up before we end up like the UK. We should go out of our way and help the crook carry out his loot because he might be injured and then would end up sueing you. I don't feel sorry for Carol Moseley Braun due to the fact that she did not follow the golden rule and hand the mugger her purse. The mugger could have injured himself by haveing to use a knife to cut her purse strap. All the mugger wanted was some money and a couple of credit cards so that he could further his education at the near by university.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murexway View Post
    Why do these folks persist with the notion that laws = safety?
    Because they believe marx, karl not Groucho.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Could not happen to a "nicer" person!! Steve48

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    Because they believe marx, karl not Groucho.
    Excellent!

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    She probably wanted to convene a committee to study the ramifications of differing responses she could make so the mugger would not get his feelings hurt!!

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I hate to laugh at such things... but irony gets me everytime.
    Yea +1
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links