New to IWB carry

This is a discussion on New to IWB carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Made the step to IWB carry, I made a holster last night and it works with just a t-shirt as a cover garment; just as ...

Thread: New to IWB carry

VIP Member

New to IWB carry

Made the step to IWB carry, I made a holster last night and it works with just a t-shirt as a cover garment; just as others have said it would. Mrs. Clean and I went to the market today and she actually did not notice I was carrying. There are still issues with bending and reaching the one will have to remain aware of, however.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I personally hate IWB carry, but it does have it's place and it's a good tool to have in the box.

Let's see some pics of your holster. Please!
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

You made one? Got pics?

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I'm a huge fan of IWB, and I carry that way every day. I generally use el-cheapo Uncle Mike's holsters and I've never had a problem. I also put a belt clip on my Kel-Tek and it works like a charm IWB, too.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

I prefer IWB most of the time. It is comfortable and easily concealed...

It is something with which you must decide on your own after some trial and error...

Good Luck!

Most importantly...
    Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    IWB is the only thing I use except the few times I shot IDPA because IWB is great for concealing the only problem is that mine will not allow me to replace the weapon easily.

For concealed carry I just need to remove it not replace it, but for IDPA it is in and out all the time.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by incredipete View Post
    I'm a huge fan of IWB, and I carry that way every day. I generally use el-cheapo Uncle Mike's holsters and I've never had a problem. I also put a belt clip on my Kel-Tek and it works like a charm IWB, too.
    I love IWB carry. I'm using an Uncle Mikes IWB holster for my 642 and hate it. I have a "Tucker cover up" ordered and should get it any day. I CANT WAIT>. I find IWB the easiest way to carry and conceal. I also have an IWB K&D Defender ordered for my XD SC 40..

I wear a Don Hume and love it. Comfortable, leather and keeps the weapon close to the body.

When I carry IWB, I use a Brommeland www.brommelandgunleather.com , Max Con V holster and carrying with it is a delight. I can carry all day and barely be aware that I have it on. IWB carry requires that you dress to the gun, usually IWB carry is not compatable with your normal attire.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

MY Max-con IWB from Brommeland is actually more comfortable to me than my pancake style OWB holster. I believe its the way the beltloops on the OWB hit my hip that makes it so.

IWB fulltime for me...with the occassional "other" way.
    And I woulda never thought IWB being more comfortable than OWB.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Links