Ever spotted someone else carrying? - Page 2

Ever spotted someone else carrying?

This is a discussion on Ever spotted someone else carrying? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have not seen someone carry who didnt want to be seen. I have seen several guys carry open, and I've seen guys pull a ...

View Poll Results: Ever spotted a fellow CCW?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I saw their bulge.

148 60.66%
  • Nope, haven't seen a bulge yet.

96 39.34%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ever spotted someone else carrying?

I have not seen someone carry who didnt want to be seen. I have seen several guys carry open, and I've seen guys pull a pistol from a pocket or ankle holster in a gun shop.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

yes i have but it wasnt his bulge i saw it was the actual firearm. it was at the oxford valley mall the wind blew his shirt open and there it was for all to see.... he looked at me and said whoops... what a mooron i told him he should button atleast the bottom button on his shirt. he told me what do i know so i walked away....... as i was walking away he said i'm sure you dont even carry man was he wrong.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I once saw a man with a stainless steel Smith & Wesson 357 Magnum revolver on his right side, while shopping in a thrift store. I went up to him and politely asked him what gun he was carrying, but he had it out in the open for the world to see. Nobody else said anything to him.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Yeah, but I cheated. It was the guy that owns the gun store where I trade. I saw him at the movies, I knew he'd be carrying and it was printing through his untucked polo shirt. I don't know if he noticed mine or not!
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

Yes.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

No sightings, but am actively looking. Not just the print, but the mannerisms. The unconscious "touch" to make sure its still there, etc. All of the strange habits I suddenly developed since I started CC, I am now looking for in others.

yep seen a few prints and a few gun flashes i doubt a non gun person would have seen it

I don't know about the guy's "bulge", but watched one guy carrying a fake planner like my LOE older brother carries. He was in a sporting goods store near the gun counter and his "planner" never left his hands as he was shopping. He also seemed just a bit self conscious about it. I don't think anyone else noticed.
    "The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
    Malcolm Forbes

I guess I've maybe seen 2 or 3 folks that I assumed were packing.

Never a view of the gun itself, so maybe it was just one of those first generation, prehistoric cell phones of yesteryear.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yep, several times. The easiest is when you see a retired LEO sticker and then see a guy wearing a vest inside.

I may have been made this past saturday. I had a 340PD IWB at 8'oclock (lefty) and the untucked shirt clung to the rubber grips a bit more than I would have liked. It didn't look like a butt at all but it was a bulge. My wife asked if I had my gun back there but she had insider information.

One night I was working in the bar, 4 middle aged gentlemen walked in, ordered a couple pitchers, and took a spot by the wall.

They seemed to stand out, maybe it was their awareness, or the fact that it was over 70 in the bar and none of them removed the fleeces or jackets they were wearing. Then when one turned slightly I saw a lump on his right hip and looked, yup, all four of them had matching lumps. It's a felony to carry in a bar in Ohio, and I am the bouncer, so I was debating what to do. Four guys with firearms, pretty much a nightmare scenario if we are gonna get robbed.

While I was thinking one of the guys noticed me staring at their sides, and came over to talk. He showed me his credentials which had some federal government agency initials on them. And then I noticed the agency's logo's on 2 guys fleeces, and that they were all wearing 5.11 pants. He said they had done some seminar or something on campus, and that they would behave and not get drunk so I didn't have to worry. He was also shocked that I noticed until I mentioned I carried and I talked firearms with all of them for a bit. They each had 2 beers and left, and thanked me for not making a big deal out of it.

I decided not to call the cops, but I guess that would have been interesting for all parties involved. They weren't CHL holders, but I still think that counts.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Once in a very hot August I was at a restaurant with the wife and saw a couple coming in. The gentleman was wearing a black jacket and they sat in front of my wife and me. He did not shed the jacket (everybody else in the restaurant had taken jackets off so I was staring at him. I knew he had to be carrying not only because of the jacket but by his attitude.... don't ask me what specifically, I just knew. He noticed I was staring and stared back. I smiled and sort of tapped my right side with my elbow (I was the only other guy there wearing a covert garment, my black vest). He smiled right back, sort of nodded and also tapped his side.
    We finished our meal first, paid and as we were leaving we had to go by this couple's table so wished them a good day. His wife looked at me weird... so did my wife. The guy answered back and wished us a good afternoon. My wife asked me if I knew the guy (and I am sure the other lady asked the same thing to her hubby) I told her no and that I would explain in the car.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I have never actually seen someone "printing" or seen a weapon. I've seen several people with seemingly heavy belly-bags, and of course the multi-pocket vest (that I also wear) that is usually a dead give away.

I'll keep looking, and eventually I'll actually spot the weapon.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Haven't seen a "bulge", but I have seen OWB holsters peeking out from under vests or gunbutts when the wind has blown shirts or jackets open.

Probably 4 times in the last 3 years.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Yep!
    Once in a great while...and I'm always looking!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links