Ever spotted someone else carrying?

This is a discussion on Ever spotted someone else carrying? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by purple88yj I try to avoid noticing other peoples bulges unless they are femal and cute. +1 I didn't vote on the poll. ...

View Poll Results: Ever spotted a fellow CCW?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I saw their bulge.

148 60.66%
  • Nope, haven't seen a bulge yet.

96 39.34%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ever spotted someone else carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    I try to avoid noticing other peoples bulges unless they are femal and cute.
    +1

I didn't vote on the poll. I MIGHT"VE seen a guy that was CCing. Soldier / LEO type (not to sterotype the fine folks, but crew cut, athletic built, etc) who was with his family and was obviously condition yellow. What I found unusual was his having a leather fanny pack that he kept at the SOB position. I don't know anything about male-fanny pack usage, but maybe that's normal.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I felt uncomfortable admitting that i saw some one elses bulge
    I thought about starting another poll asking if anyone felt dirty by answering yes to this poll, but I was afraid I would get .
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I did not explicitly spot someone, but i'm confident he was carrying. Going into the rib joint to pick up some pulled pork for the wife and I. Middle of the summer, my CCW in my right front pocket (I had shorts and tank-top). He had tactical pants, black t-shirt and a tactical vest. We caught each other's eyes for an instant (as we assessed each other). I nodded and smiled. He nodded back.

This rib joint is probably about 40 feet from the entrance to our municipal LEO HQ.

I've seen a few ccw carriers due to the buldge or a shirt pulled up when in a resturant. You wouldn't notice in most cases unless you knew what to look for.

I've seen two people who I am 95% positive were carrying. The first was at a restaurant, it was a guy with his family. I caught a glimpse of a J-hook on his belt with his shirt tucked. The second was at a grocery store which was also a guy with a tucked shirt, but this time it was a full plastic loop around his belt. It seems to be a giveaway to tuck your shirt in when your IWB loop either doesn't match your belt or is conspicuous.

Actually it was just yesterday, was on my way into Applebees with the wife and this rather stout guy was wearing a way too tight shirt, and I spotted the bulge, as he was on the way out I did not mention it to him.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I took my family to the Poteet Strawberry Festival a few weekends back. I was carrying my 3" Kimber, as usual.

I saw a fella a bit older than me, say mid-50s. He was wearing a black 5.11 vest, which was pretty tight over his 300 lbs body. The right lower pocket of the vest had a wear imprint of a small-frame revolver. Looked like he'd been keeping his J-frame (or whatever) loose in that pocket for quite some time.

Bill

VIP Member
    I did'nt vote because I "belive I have several times. When I see a guy weraing a fanny pack , I assume he's carrying. When I see a guy with a buldge around his waistband I assume its a gun, but may not be..

A couple of times, it was the fidgeting that gave the person's gun away. Usually, though, it's the clothing. With the prevalence of larger, cargo-style pockets, it's definitely harder to know whether one's "packing" a phone, pager, PDA, knife, light, wallet, gun or all of the above. More often than not, the clothing selected is far too tight, not long enough to cover during normal range of motion, etc.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I felt uncomfortable admitting that i saw some one elses bulge
    LMAO

kpw
    Quite a few over the years. Truthfully, if I hadn't been looking because of some other giveaway, I wouldn't have noticed most of the time. Their type of dress is usually a start. Belts are a big giveaway. Wilderness and double thick gun belts are not usually purchased by non-carriers.

I've spotted a couple of gunslingers, but I was at the firing range, where you'd expect to find them.

I have observed the bottom of a few OWB holsters, two or three flashes from open jackets, and lots of tells like shirt adjusting and pulling pants up by the holster

VIP Member
    I saw the print of one those rear pocket holsters, with the gun in it, for one of those smallish pistols. If he had not been sitting on it, maybe it would not have printed so bad. He was wearing jeans which made it more printable.

Rip cord fanny packs are a dead give away. I wear one when I ride my motorcycle in the summer months and get the looks from LEOs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links