Ever spotted someone else carrying?

This is a discussion on Ever spotted someone else carrying? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Surprising amount of bulge-sightings. As I said, I have only suspected one guy of carrying, and that was by the give-away vest. I'm surprised I ...

View Poll Results: Ever spotted a fellow CCW?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I saw their bulge.

148 60.66%
  • Nope, haven't seen a bulge yet.

96 39.34%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ever spotted someone else carrying?

Surprising amount of bulge-sightings. As I said, I have only suspected one guy of carrying, and that was by the give-away vest. I'm surprised I haven't seen more, because I'm always looking. And I agree, I wish there was some kind of secret signal.

2. Remove Ads

I didn't so much "spot" him as smell him.

I was looking through the gun magazines when another fellow walked up and started looking through them also and I cought the unmistakable scent of Hoppes #9.

I asked him what he carried and he seemed a bit flustered. I told him I smelled the Hoppes #9 and he seemed a little relieved especially when I told him I carry too.
    Turns out he had been to the range that morning and had cleaned his gun just before heading out the door and stopped there to pick up a magazine. We talked guns for a few minutes and then went our ways.

And interesting encounter.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    I thought about starting another poll asking if anyone felt dirty by answering yes to this poll, but I was afraid I would get .

I have spotted one person, the wind blew his jacket open. I have seen a lot of open carry lately, Arizona is a open carry state but it makes me think, why not just go get a permit? I hear and read a lot about vests, haven't tried one yet. Here is a tip that I have learned, Carhardtt pants,shorts are perfect for a S&W 642, it fits right in the front pocket. With a uncle mikes IWB holster, there is no print, and it is very comfortable.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

i voted no. where I'm at i really think I'm the only one that carries outside of off duty LEO's and such. that can't be true i know but i haven't seen any sign of printing or behavior in general that would lead to the assumption of someone carrying. this thread did make me think more about "adjusting myself" to not make me look like the one who was carrying. ...Good topic.
    What's this button do?

Ron
    A few months ago I took my grandkids to a city fun festival. You know, slides and rides for young kids with food vendors. And I was very surprised to notice that most of the guys were walking around with shorts, this is Florida and it was warm, with their shirts untucked. Maybe I am just more aware these days, but I don't ever remember seeing so many guys before in one place with untucked shirts. Didn't see any obvious bulges, but am sure that many were carrying.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Seen at least two

But I knew they were both LEO's so I knew to look. They didn't seem to be trying to hard to hide the bulges either.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I like to play that game. Flashlights on the belt are a trigger for me to search for a gun. Pockets are a difficult one, however, a wallet in the back pocket, and what appears to be a wallet in the front pocket is a giveaway, usually.

We don't need to mention the "cameraman" vest, lol. Fanny packs??? But as I've said before, that only says "gun" to gun people, CCW people to be more precise. To everyone else, it's just a fashion faux pas.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by flagflyfish View Post
    I have seen a lot of open carry lately, Arizona is a open carry state but it makes me think, why not just go get a permit?
    Because one shouldn't have to ask permission to exercise one's rights.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Spotted a guy in a supermarket once, this was before we got CCW, he had on an ankle holster. What caught my attention initially was he looked really out of place. Like he was a cop trying to pass as a movie cast drug dealer. Or a drug dealer that watched too many movies.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mzmtg View Post
    Because one shouldn't have to ask permission to exercise one's rights.
    I certianly didn't mean it was bad to open carry, but IMO it is a big pain. In Arizona, you cannot wear a gun on your person in a vehicle without a CCW permit, so to go into the quikie mart you have to get out of your truck, strap on your hogleg, go get what it was that you came for, then take off your gun before you reenter your vehicle. The CCW permit just makes life easier!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

I saw a friends barrel pointingat me one day!!! he was wearing owb with a sweat shirt and bent down to pick up his son and it was showing. had my brother over the other day he was getting something off a shelf shirt came up there it was!!! I was picking up my cpl at the court house and I saw a guy adjusting his rig on the side walk

Twice:once a guy w/ a fannypac weighed down w/ some kind of heavy gun(and a speedloader carrier on his belt)
    Once my wife and I were in Walmart,and she saw an old friend,they stopped to talk and I noticed she was printing badly(huge auto)I wispered to my wife"tell her I can see her gun"....she did(quietly)Then later asked me why I was looking at her waist..I said"For your protection,I look at everyone's waist.."I think she bought it.....
    Otherwise I notice guys in gun stores,or guys I know carry,but I don't count those.
    BTW,I carry and have never been made to my knowledge....although my brother in law guessed that I was carrying.I never told him either way.
    also last sunday in church,my wife said"your little friend is digging into me."I think she meant my gun......we were in church after all.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

I was at a local gunshop and one of the customers was carrying SOB. It appeared as though his shirt had ridden up and between his body and holstered Bersa Thunder. I got close to the guy as he was leaving and mentioned his firearm was not concealed. He told me that he knew and covered it up as he exited.

A few weeks later, I saw the same guy at the same shop with his gun showing SOB. Is there some type of addendum to the "concealed means concealed" theory that allows one to visibly carry only when in a gun shop? I found it very odd and almost like he was trying to prove something.

Assistant Administrator
    I found it very odd and almost like he was trying to prove something.
    Posing maybe LOL?! I see him as someone who might also have a heavy bracelet and neck chain .... maybe with medallion

"Notice me - notice me"!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Posing maybe LOL?! I see him as someone who might also have a heavy bracelet and neck chain .... maybe with medallion

"Notice me - notice me"!
    That's the exact impression I got. I don't think he had a bracelet or neck chain, but come to think of it, he was wearing sunglasses on top of his head... it was raining.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links