Ever spotted someone else carrying?

This is a discussion on Ever spotted someone else carrying? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Unfortunatly I spot them to often, have to admit I get upset when someone dosent take the "concealed" part of concealed carry seriously, specially in ...

View Poll Results: Ever spotted a fellow CCW?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I saw their bulge.

148 60.66%
  • Nope, haven't seen a bulge yet.

96 39.34%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ever spotted someone else carrying?

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Unfortunatly I spot them to often, have to admit I get upset when someone dosent take the "concealed" part of concealed carry seriously, specially in my agency. Our guys dont get spotted to often and if they do it only happens once.

Busted a friend of mine last weekend, and up till then I didnt know he packed. He bent over and his OTB holster poked out below his denim vest. We discussed it and I think he's ordered a ITP holster this week.

The best person I know at spotting folks packing is my wife. I dont know what it is, but she can pick out someone packing or an off duty LEO in a heart beat. She says it from being married to me for so long and watching how I carry.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Posing maybe LOL?! I see him as someone who might also have a heavy bracelet and neck chain .... maybe with medallion

"Notice me - notice me"!
    Possible. It's also possible he wasn't wearing an undershirt, and the butt of his gun was uncomfortable. Maybe he felt secure in temporarily open carrying because he was around a bunch of gun guys.

I do the same thing sometimes (at 3o'clock, not 6o'clock), if I'm working out in the garage. I'll just throw on a light shirt and tuck it behind my holster for comfort. Usually, if I'm going somewhere I go to the trouble on putting on an undershirt, but I've forgotten before.

VIP Member
    I spot a lot of plainclothes LEOs carrying on their ankle. As such, I'm a firm believer of Massad Ayoob's "technique" of enhancing the concealment of an ankle-holstered gun, which is to stretch another sock over the holster. If necessary, wear a sock under the holster for comfort.

One time I "spotted" an FBI agent on an aircraft carrying his duty gun; I was told there was another armed agent (I was flying armed as well), but I wasn't told who he was; just where he was. The bulge of his (I think) Glock was apparent under his polo shirt.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links