RE: You worry too much

This is a discussion on RE: You worry too much within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Euclidean And to a degree, it's this obsession over certain little things that gives us all the motivation we need to go ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: You worry too much

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    And to a degree, it's this obsession over certain little things that gives us all the motivation we need to go on. I had a long debate recently over whether it's better to write subtraction problems vertically or horizontally.
    I value my time too much to worry about things like that....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    And to a degree, it's this obsession over certain little things that gives us all the motivation we need to go on. I had a long debate recently over whether it's better to write subtraction problems vertically or horizontally.
    Must be time to pick on Euclidean....I've not considered the vert or horiz for simple math, but boy....try deriving Maxwell's equations in a vertical stack!!

I know of where you speak, but I don't live there daily...

Pick on me all ya want. I've learned to give as good as I get.

DC Founder
    Nahhhh, we ain't picking, we're.... well.... we're analyzing.... (which is much easier on someone else than ourselves).
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I have nightmares that I shoot someone with my .32

and he doesn't even notice.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Hoppe's?

Not to pick on you Euclidian (and this has nothing to do with math - in that arena I am a world-class dummy) - but when you say you do not fear rust because you have Hoppe's at your disposal, I hope you are not talking about Hoppe's powder solvent. Not that it doesn't do a good job of doing what it was designed to do - namely dissolve powder residue - it does. But unless they have significantly changed the formula in recent years, I would not count on it to inhibit rust to any extent whatsoever.

A number of years ago I did a little at-home test of several gun-care products to try to determine their respective levels of rust protection. Hoppe's powder solvent not only did NOT prevent rust - it actually seemed to encourage it.
    If you want to make God laugh - tell Him your plans. Yiddish proverb

Actually you're right revlar. What I meant to convey was that I'm fairly anal about keeping my guns clean, hence the reference to cleaning products, and properly stored in a cool dry place. This should prevent rust I believe.

Good catch! I don't want someone thinking such a product actually does anything to inhibit rust.

I've seen products that do inhibit rust but I don't live in a Marine climate or even a humid one. I'd never seen a need for it, but if I lived somewhere like South Carolina or Florida it'd be a different story.

I have but two serious concerns: The first is being unarmed in a life or death situation and the other is being armed but hearing a "click" where I expect and need to have a "BANG."
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

sm
    Interesting thread, great questions and perspectives shared. Thank You.

Just a civilian, no military experience - they were bringing the folks home when my number came up...

Had my Mentors and Elders, shared with me some things, including one preps the mind and body best can, learn to use tools best can and maintain them. When the elephant appears, keep moving, keep going in direction even if wrong.

Stillness is the framework for death.

Nope I don't have the answers for anyone else, doing good to have my stuff figured out. Still learning - always will. Do the best I can and keep at it. Been using the same platforms since I was a wee brat. Shot my first 1911 at age 6, K frames shortly thereafter - These fit my hands, that " know one gun well".

Natural to have concerns, too much gets in the way of confidence. Misseldine said Concentration is physically relaxed and mentally keyed up

Some mentor told me to think out of the box, " Steve - you are a Rebel, do the unexpected, you do it anyway, make it another tool in your toolbox".

I got pissed about going into a Gubmint Bldg, no CCW, and this one not even a knife. Had my Glass of Soda , never let go of it. Finished my business, and only armed with a IBC Root Beer Bottle out on that lonesome parking area- some "gentleman" and I had a discussion , the pack of smokes didn't work, the fiver tossed from shirt pocket didn't either.

So you just grit your teeth and get the best traction in leather soled shoes, break off a truck antenna and this in one hand and the bottle in the other -

I gave better that I took, they hauled butt in car that pulled up....sped off..." that old man is nuts" .

Yeah well maybe so ...another tool in the toolbox I guess I didn't know I had.

Not afraid, more pissed about being denied the right to carry, and the metal detectors. Adrenlin dump...well I guess the stuff exposed in prior " life experinces" must have helped in that area too.

Didn't mind paying for an antenna....I kept the old one....them things are effective.
    Use Enough Gun

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Seriously,you guys and gals carry all the gunz that you want to carry. But ???----- Why stop at 2 or 3 ??? Can't you see that all the gunz that you have hidden all over your body(some in very private locations I'm sure)could fail. But,very seriously(trying to keep a streight face) WHY ONLY 3 ?? WHY NOT 4 OR 5 OR BETTER YET---AN EVEN HALF DOZEN, IN AT LEAST 4 DIFFERENT CALIBERS. All with different kinds of ammo pouches. Some with snaps,some with velcro,some just made out of rubber. Where do you hide these? All on your belt. Hey, I just thought of a great invention. A simi-loose belt not threaded through any belt loops. Then when your searching for the 4 different types of ammo for the half dozen gunz that you're carring just grab the belt and spin it around ---kinda like a Lazy Suzan that we all have in the middle of our dinner tables. Enough of being a wise A$$. For me it's just one weapon with one extra mag of ammo. Carried in the same holster,on the same belt(through the loops), with the extra mag in the same pocket. Every day-every time !! where does it "end" for me --???-- with one gun,one mag,and one knife. This with all due respect to my fellow CCW'er-----------

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Enough of being a wise A$$. For me it's just one weapon with one extra mag of ammo. Carried in the same holster,on the same belt(through the loops), with the extra mag in the same pocket. Every day-every time !! where does it "end" for me --???-- with one gun,one mag,and one knife. This with all due respect to my fellow CCW'er-----------
    One of the reasons I love this forum so much is that wise A$$es are in shorter supply, so thanks.

I'm glad, whatever works for you. I'm thinking though that either you're not going to ever need your sp mag or if you do, you're liable to need more than one spare. But a spare is only insurance. Some folks carry a million bucks in insurance and some only think they need 50 grand. Whatever works for you. Please don't belittle those who think they need a bit more. Okay?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Personally, I'm not afraid to say I carry up to 4 spare mags on me. This depends on the type of weapon I'm carrying, and the # of rounds each mag holds. Typically, even if I'm carrying a Hi-Cap weapon, I'm carrying at least 2 spares. NOT looking for WWIII, BUT take a look at any LEO on the street. They carry at least 2 spares and I've learned from that. Years ago, I worked Close Security for a Firm in the Boston area. Each of us carried 3 spares, AND a Bug. So that must make me really weird/ afraid huh?
    In response for RSSZ's comment, I want to come home, no matter what, and if I use only 1 round to end the dreadful situation, that's great, BUT if I find I'm in the middle of full-blown shootout type stuff, then I'm STILL going to come home. The reason why people carry a Bug, or more, is because they feel the need to do so. Please remember this, even the Bad Guys know their weaponry, and what the Good Guys are carrying. The Bad Guys even count the rounds you expend, or the type of weapon you carry. They're not that stupid, lotsa time to read up in the Prison Library, or the Internet.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Gentlemen---Would ya'll agree to this statement :::: We all carry as many gunz and as much ammo as we feel that we will need to handle any situation that we feel will arise.-----

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Gentlemen---Would ya'll agree to this statement :::: We all carry as many gunz and as much ammo as we feel that we will need to handle any situation that we feel will arise.-----
    Yup !!
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Right on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links