12 year old takes gun on class trip - in canada

This is a discussion on 12 year old takes gun on class trip - in canada within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.thestar.com/News/article/209508 Good thing they have more strict handgun laws in canada...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 year old takes gun on class trip - in canada

12 year old takes gun on class trip - in canada

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/209508

Good thing they have more strict handgun laws in canada

2. Remove Ads

Whistler RCMP Cpl. Dave Ritchie says the matter is being treated very seriously.

"It's obviously very dangerous to have a loaded gun in your possession," he told CTV Edmonton.

What the ??????

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Thats ok, they will just blame the United States. I have all ready been told by a friend in B.C. that we are the big bad guys because we have such large open gun markets where anyone can buy a weapon.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    Thats ok, they will just blame the United States. I have all ready been told by a friend in B.C. that we are the big bad guys because we have such large open gun markets where anyone can buy a weapon.
    I guess you can't expect people in Canada to know any better when our own media and people who live here don't. After all major TV networks still harp on the nonexistent "gun show loophole".
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Canada's claim is that our guns are illegally smuggled into Canada and then used to commit crime. So obviously, it is our fault for this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Whistler RCMP Cpl. Dave Ritchie says the matter is being treated very seriously.

"It's obviously very dangerous to have a loaded gun in your possession," he told CTV Edmonton.

What the ??????
    Why does the RCMP officer carry one if it is so dangerous?

What a tool!

All the kid needed was to get his ATC, but he'd have better luck finding fairy dust or muffler bearings...

Canada is a chilly loft apartment over a really good party.

Obviously this story is a hoax. Handguns are prohibited in Canada , so the boy couldn't have had one.
    "The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
    Malcolm Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by tapout1003 View Post
    Thats a good one

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout1003 View Post

Ouch!!!

good one though...

That bus must have driven past my place on the way to Whistler, I find it odd that not only would a 12 year kid have a pistol, but a prohibited one as well. (Most pistols here are in the restricted class, 4”+ barrels and not in .25 or .32 cal)

Would not surprise me that the gun turned out to be a fake or airsoft….

We call the Toronto Star, the CommieStar and it is very anti-gun

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    It seams like one of those mind twisting questions like:

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a noise?

or to paraphrase:

If a country has gun control do firearms really exist?
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    Obviously laws against gun possession work. That's why there have been no more murders since laws against killing someone were passed.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by Scheetz View Post
    Canada's claim is that our guns are illegally smuggled into Canada and then used to commit crime. So obviously, it is our fault for this happening.
    interesting...

on a side note, where did the 9/11 hijackers enter the US from?.....

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Not from Canada if I recall, they mostly entered directly from Europe. By the way the Vancover Police report that 94% of the crime guns they sieze are smuggled in, most from the US, but also a growing portion from Eastern Europe. Organized crime trades pot grown here to US gangs for crack and guns to be used up here. I guess that must be covered under a sub section of NAFTA.

Canadians are pansies. Their Border Patrol don't even carry guns. I went up to Canada one time to go on a canoe trip. Our entry point was actually across the Minnesota border via the BWCA, but I had to go up to the border crossing in a different area to pick up my permit first. I had a gun in my car, and when I went to the crossing they started asking me all the usual questions about declaring stuff. I told them right off the bat I just needed to enter the station to get my canoe permit, but he still needed to ask me the questions, even though I wasn't technically visiting Canada at the time. When he got to the part about guns in the car, I said, Yes I have a gun in my car. He stopped and started at me and said "what?" and got this weird look on his face like I had just told him a very personal detail about my sex life. I repeated that I had a gun in my car and he stared at me for a long minute and then asked me again why I was at the border crossing. When I finally made him understand I wasn't going into Canada, just visiting the border station for some paperwork, he finally seemed to calm down a bit and scribbled some stuff down on the paperwork and let me park. The piece of paper had 'handgun' under the section where you declare stuff, which I had to give to this receptionist lady inside. When she read the paper she said "You have a gun in your car??". I said 'Yeah but I'm not entering Canada, just visiting this station for my canoe entry permit'. She was really rude and said something about "You realize you can't take that into Quetico (the canadian canoe wilderness)" in a manner and tone that clearly conveyed she thought the Gun Nut American would try to do just that. During the rest of my contact with her she was incredibly rude. While I sat in a chair and waited for my paperwork I watched all the other Border Patrol officers and noticed that none of them had any firearms. Batons and mace, maybe some tasers. I thought it was pretty stupid that Canadian LEOs didn't have any guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links