Concealed Carry Convention?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Convention? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know if there is a convention or event specifically for those who have a CCW/CHL? There are conventions for almost everything - from ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Convention?

Concealed Carry Convention?

Does anyone know if there is a convention or event specifically for those who have a CCW/CHL? There are conventions for almost everything - from 'National Guild of Hypnotists Convention' to the 'Black Hat Convention' (for computer hackers). I would think there must be a CCW convention somewhere. It would be pretty fun to get together with everyone at an event like this. Plus, I'm sure there would be great door prizes from the likes of Gock, Les Baer, Springfield, Sig, Galco, Fobus, Bianchi...

So does anyone know anything about a CCW convention somewhere?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by OfClanMcnab View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a convention or event specifically for those who have a CCW/CHL? There are conventions for almost everything - from 'National Guild of Hypnotists Convention' to the 'Black Hat Convention' (for computer hackers). I would think there must be a CCW convention somewhere. It would be pretty fun to get together with everyone at an event like this. Plus, I'm sure there would be great door prizes from the likes of Gock, Les Baer, Springfield, Sig, Galco, Fobus, Bianchi...

So does anyone know anything about a CCW convention somewhere?
    More often the state CCW organization, such as VCDL for Virginia, would have a convention.

I know KY's KC3 (Kentucky Coalition for Concealed Carry) had a mtg last year, don't know if they're having one this year or not.

It would be fun to have a national convention, though. That way everyone could get together from all over. I'm thinking there probably isn't one, because I've never heard of it, and if there is one it is probably still very small.

Also admins, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. Feel free to move this if there is a more appropriate forum. (heh, of course you will... you're Admins! )

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Well color me gone on this one , heck i dont even advertise that i carry at home. I shure wouldnt attend a convention advertising it to the world . IMHO its no ones business but mine and the fella who sees the " bright light " that comes at him to save him the effort .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Well one thing is for sure, I would certainly feel safe at that convention...
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

You know, a convention like this would go a long way to show the rest of the country what kind of people are carrying these guns. The MSM and sheeple-people like to screech about streets running with blood and the Wild West and all that crap. What better way to prove them wrong than a 1 or 2 day convention of several thousand people, all carrying guns? I'm 100% positive it would be the most civil, well-mannered group of people to attend a convention. Everybody I know, who carries a gun, is law-abiding and of high character (sometimes a bit of a rogue, but still a great person).

It would also be kind of strange to walk around with several thousand people, and not see a gun, but know they are all carrying. :-)

Just think how unprotected the rest of the country would be, though . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

It surely would be fun and a great opportunity for a lot of things, but I'm with Redneck...no need to advertise that I carry. I'd rather people didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by sjp2452 View Post
    It surely would be fun and a great opportunity for a lot of things, but I'm with Redneck...no need to advertise that I carry. I'd rather people didn't know.
    If it isn't in your city, how would anyone in your location know? At the convention, everyone would be carrying, so it isn't likely you'd stand out from the crowd. I seriously doubt there would be any media coverage, why would they give us any positive PR? It wouldn't fit their agenda, so I'm guessing no cameras.

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfClanMcnab View Post
    You know, a convention like this would go a long way to show the rest of the country what kind of people are carrying these guns. The MSM and sheeple-people like to screech about streets running with blood and the Wild West and all that crap. What better way to prove them wrong than a 1 or 2 day convention of several thousand people, all carrying guns? I'm 100% positive it would be the most civil, well-mannered group of people to attend a convention. Everybody I know, who carries a gun, is law-abiding and of high character (sometimes a bit of a rogue, but still a great person).

It would also be kind of strange to walk around with several thousand people, and not see a gun, but know they are all carrying. :-)
    Only problem with "showing the rest of the country what kind of people are carrying these guns.", is that there's real likely to be some nut-cases mixed in, there always are. And who do you think the media would show? I'd put money on it being the nutcases.

I dont think anyone would be allowed to bring a gun in. Too many gun nutts.
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAngel View Post
    Well one thing is for sure, I would certainly feel safe at that convention...
    But how do 8,000 people all sit with their backs to the wall and face the entrance?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You sure there wouldn't be any cameras? Big Brother might see is as a good time to take a few pictures

How do you get that many people together in a group without liquor?

Just kidding guys and little lady's
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    But how do 8,000 people all sit with their backs to the wall and face the entrance?

ret
    Haha, that's great. I'm sitting in an internet cafe right now with my back to the wall and the entrance in plain sight.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links