Tight Situation

This is a discussion on Tight Situation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you plan on carrying a Kel-Tec, then Comp-Tac makes a kydex holster you can wear around your neck. They also make iwb tuckable holsters ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tight Situation

If you plan on carrying a Kel-Tec, then Comp-Tac makes a kydex holster you can wear around your neck. They also make iwb tuckable holsters for other autos and revolvers. One for a J-frame S&W might work well. Also ankle carry could work well for you.

www.comp-tac.com

2. Remove Ads

As an EMT, definitely avoid the small of back at all times. You could just be walking and stumble and fall and end up with spinal damage. Many other good suggestions above.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79
    (sung to the theme of the musical "Oklahoma")

OOOOOOOOOOOOpen carry when you wear your tight cowboy jeans.

Open carry is apparently legal in your state. I am just teasing, but it is an option. One plus, it's a deterrent to BGs. (unless they're morons)
    I agree, get a couple of six shooters to go with what your wearing and a nice gun belt.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

So, I am new here and have been looking through all the posts related to horseback carry....Please move this if it isn't in the right place.

I train horses too and ride several throughout the day. They are VERY spirited and occasionally I get dumped! I would like to carry ALWAYS, especially if I get dumped and have to walk home. I have a Ruger P89DC. Not the smallest gun but it is what I have for now and I am very comfortable with it.

So, here is my question, other than the obvious "what type of holster" and "where to carry." What would happen if I did fall off, on to my weapon....hard...other than the obvious bruises and such, do I risk AD?

Thanks

I usually wear loose fit Wrangler jeans, a one size larger un-tucked cowboy-cut long sleeve shirt with snaps instead of buttons, and cowboy boots. I carry a government size 1911 on my belt at 3:00 and a spare magazine at 9:00. I carry a BUG in my right front pocket with a spare magazine in the watch/change pocket above it. You can either go small and make a gun fit your wardrobe or you can dress around the gun(s).
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

I had to wonder why someone would resurrect a thread that's been dormant for 8 years, and you answered that! Welcome aboard.

I can only provide one answer, since I don't ride horses, which is that you need not fear the gun going off. Nearly all quality, name-brand handguns made in the last quarter century won't discharge when dropped or accidentally whacked, assuming the finger is off the trigger, of course. Your Ruger is a decocker model, so there's virtually no way to impart enough energy to the firing pin with the hammer lowered.
    SteelerFan likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Sorry about the resurrection.....perhaps I should have started a thread....lol.

I do appreciate the input. I have asked a similar question in another forum and basically got the same answer....BUT, one can NEVER be too careful, so I thought I would ask it here as well.

Thank you!

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    rideum There ain't no right way to carry for all. If your going to stay with a mid size pistol what ever that is your going to have to wear maybe fuller cut pants and looser cut shirts . Simple as heck. You can ether look cool or dress smart or swap for a darn small pistol. Even wwhen picking a holster its still trial and error. We all have a small box of perfectly fine holster for someone . If you want to try to carry on your front side a comp-tac does have several very adjustable holsters to pick from and there something like smart carry that might work for you. But only you can figure that out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links