NH Non-Res

NH Non-Res

This is a discussion on NH Non-Res within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sent my application in. I was wondering if you guys knew how long it usually took. I wouldn't think it would take too long ...

Thread: NH Non-Res

NH Non-Res

I sent my application in. I was wondering if you guys knew how long it usually took. I wouldn't think it would take too long since they don't ask for fingerprints or a picture, just a copy of your valid permit from another state.

oh, 1 - 2 weeks,
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

We've done 4 of them...two for me and two for my wife. The longest one took 1 week from door to door...until my wife's last renewal which took about 7 weeks...I'm guessing it got lost

Mine took about 2 weeks, give or take a few days.

One week, including Saturday, Sunday and the Fourth of July!

Thanks. That is quick.

10 days door to door! Best deal out there.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    I sent my application in. I was wondering if you guys knew how long it usually took. I wouldn't think it would take too long since they don't ask for fingerprints or a picture, just a copy of your valid permit from another state.
    Soooo let me see if I understand. I am not familiar with the NH process, but if I am interpreting your post correctly, you can send them a copy of a valid permit from another stated and they will issue you one from there?

chad
    A violent crime happens every 23.1 seconds..... something to think about.

Do you have the contact info for the application? I'd love to apply. Then I'd be covered for all of Northern New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Do you have the contact info for the application? I'd love to apply. Then I'd be covered for all of Northern New England.
    info:
    http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n...ing/plupr.html

application:
    http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n...ts/dssp260.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mountainhound100 View Post
    Soooo let me see if I understand. I am not familiar with the NH process, but if I am interpreting your post correctly, you can send them a copy of a valid permit from another stated and they will issue you one from there?
    yes you can send them $20 (non-res), application, and a copy of a valid permit from any state and they will send you a non-res NH permit in about a week

For those of you have been through the NH application process, how did you answer the question of:

For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?

They offer two reasons, PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. Just curious for those who were approved, which choice you made.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    For those of you have been through the NH application process, how did you answer the question of:

For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?

They offer two reasons, PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. Just curious for those who were approved, which choice you made.

Hoss
    You can put either and it won't matter. Actually if you look at the NH law there are three reasons that they will accept though I forget what they are off the top of my head....hunting is one of them. But in any event, if you put "All proper purposes" then they will issue you a permit....after all...that is exactly why I want my permit.

Did NH get reciprocity with ME? When I applied ME didn't honor other states but you could get a non-red ME permit, which I did.
    "Don't get stuck on stupid!" -Gen. Honore in NOLA

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

ME and NH do not have reciprocity.

ME honors no out of state permits but does issue non-res permits.

Sponsored Links