7 Foot Tall Crack Head

7 Foot Tall Crack Head

This is a discussion on 7 Foot Tall Crack Head within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; NO idea where to post this...sorry if it's a repost...so mods feel free to move it if you can come up with a good home ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 Foot Tall Crack Head

7 Foot Tall Crack Head

NO idea where to post this...sorry if it's a repost...so mods feel free to move it if you can come up with a good home for it.

The argument for open carry in Texas
    Be advised that he uses a couple of bad words in the video toward the middle of the clip (2:48-3:08) if you have children around, are at work, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b6UJsfTAnA

VIP Member
    I gotta disagree with the gentleman. OK< you want open carry, fine carry if allowed or make your case to the legislature. But I hate to give advance waring to a BG that I am carrying. I don't want to be ambushed because the whole world know I am carrying a weapon.

"Their firearms were strapped to their sides......big 7 foot crackhead wants to slash my throat for my money....."
    Wild Bill Hickok carried a gun strapped to his side, was a ******* shooter and got bushwacked Lew McCall, a drunkard who knew Wild Bill was strapped and could shoot. As told before many times in this board, Why advertise?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Nutjob. Hard to believe that anyone would take him seriously. I think he's funny but a little bent.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

OK, he's a bit on the looney side but...

Since we're moving there soon, I'm hoping they do pass OC in TX - I've gotten used to it here in AZ.

It's nice to go to the range, then stop in for bread & milk on the way home without having to unholster or hide your sidearm.

Nobody says you have to OC if you don't want to, but having the choice is nice. The way I see it, the more that the general population sees firearms the sooner they'll feel comfortable around them.

Edited to add:

I was listening to the clip while typing, just flipped back over to it - He doesn't need to shoot anyone with that cannon, just hit them with it!

Administrator
    It's already been posted on CombatCarry.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

We have open carry in Tennessee. I do open carry the majority of the time in my small town but I wouldn't do it in Memphis just 25 miles from here. Too many crack heads and gang members. But here in Arlington there is no problem.

I am very aware of my surroundings and I make eye contact with everyone I see. If you stay alert there isn't anything to worry about with open carry, especially if you use a quality security holster. I carry openly in a Blackhawk Serpa.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Pretty funny vid! He doesn't know much about guns, but it was entertaining. He does seem to be obsessed with crack-heads . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I had a arguement with a anti gunner who said the same thing. "You shouldn't have concealed carry....just carry it out in the open." I think it is crazy to say that. I don't like to advertise that I am armed for several reasons. People who would "freak out" and keep calling the police. Store owners who would be nervous about it. Crazy people who would challenge you just because you are armed. Anyone who carries concealed SHOULD be practiced enough to get their weapon quickly and being aware of your surroundings lets you know if you should be prepared. He seems to think you need a elephant gun to do the job. Maybe he should spend less time on the video and more on the range. I am sure my .38 snubbie will serve me well if the occassion should arise. This guy had nothing intelligent to offer me.

VIP Member
    He's only half-baked.

Clowns like this is why a lot of folks think we are all nut jobs.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Semper Fi

Hah...that guy is certainly a goof, but I do agree that we should have the *option* to open-carry.

OC would sure lower the risks associated with being made.

I would love to carry IWB, but have to stay with deep concealment.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I did not bother to watch the vid since its unlikely to change my opinion on open carry . It is legal here in colorado , but i choose not to unless i am activly engaged in hunting . Part of the reasons are practical , being its too much a pain in my butt to do it , in that as a responsible gunowner i should not do things for no reason that makes others uncomfortable . And part of it is tactcal in that i feel no need to advertise that i can and will shoot back . Socially today a responsible gentleman ( which i am not but none the less ) does not advertise an armed state . Yes if more did it might well be a more polite society, but i suspect not , better to leave them guessing .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

If you carry open it gives the bad guy an advantage.It's better to have supprise on your side. There are too many nervious people around. why advertise and give your advantage away.

He's a little kookie but I like what he has to say. We have open carry here but the cops don't even know its legal. I don't OC because I don't feel like getting harassed. Even if, in some peoples opinion it is a disadvantage, I think you should have the option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links