Tough Guys at the Gun Store Today - Page 3

Tough Guys at the Gun Store Today

This is a discussion on Tough Guys at the Gun Store Today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This kind is bad enough at the gun shop, but they are even worse on the range! My wife and I go shooting quite frequently. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tough Guys at the Gun Store Today

This kind is bad enough at the gun shop, but they are even worse on the range! My wife and I go shooting quite frequently. She has been through several tactical courses and is very proficient with her Glock or Browning and is especially good with a revolver.

When we go to the range, we get different lanes so that we won't be trading off and can focus on what we are doing. Sometimes we are not able to get side-by-side and that is when the fun starts.

There is always some guy hanging around who is looking for some lady to impress and give advice. They just can't wait until she loads her magazines and then they move in and start offering her advise. I admire her patience, she will listen to them and then turn and put a whole mag through the center of the target. I love the look on their face.

There are those who talk the talk, and there are those who walk the walk. Usually, the more they talk the less they walk.

This applies to pretty much all fields of endeavor, not just to guns.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
    There are those who talk the talk, and there are those who walk the walk. Usually, the more they talk the less they walk.
    A perfect analogy. Well said.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I am deeply offended! I wish you guys would quit calling guys like this "mall ninjas".

That is an insult to us REAL mall ninjas. You guys know nothing of the burden we bear.

How would you like to have to hang out at the mall for hours on end while wearing your batman gear including your 45 caliber balistic nunchucks and a concealed 27 lb. Blastatron 2000 (139 caliber with a range of 36"; also capable of making coffee and julian fries).

I could tell you more, but then I would have to enlist the two guys at the gun store (Moe and Larry) to help me kill you.

It's so difficult being me!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I am deeply offended! I wish you guys would quit calling guys like this "mall ninjas".

That is an insult to us REAL mall ninjas. You guys know nothing of the burden we bear.

How would you like to have to hang out at the mall for hours on end while wearing your batman gear including your 45 caliber balistic nunchucks and a concealed 27 lb. Blastatron 2000 (139 caliber with a range of 36"; also capable of making coffee and julian fries).

I could tell you more, but then I would have to enlist the two guys at the gun store (Moe and Larry) to help me kill you.

It's so difficult being me!

I HEAR YA BROTHER!

MALL NINJAS OF THE WORLD UNITE!!
    Meeting tonite behind Bed, Baths & Beyond. Get Pizzas & colas from Sbarros before the meeitng.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I used to work with a guy like that. There was a comment made one day about his 1/2 ton pickup truck and it's mechanical state. He told us it, like he, was always incognito.......yes he actually said that. When I asked him to elaborate, he pulled me aside and told me that with his truck, he was a gold bar transporter for the US Govt. At night he would drive to some unknown place and pick up 50 bars and load them into the secret compartment in his bed, then after work he would drive to the delivery point and unload the bars. He had been doing this for 10 years and the place we worked for was just a cover story. I would have been afraid to place a 5 gallon bucket of grease on that trucks bed, for fear the springs would collapse.

If that was not enough, about two years after he was fired from the job, I ran into him, in a gunstore, with 6 people in tow, each carrying a 1 gallon baggie full of used .22 casings. As he went by, dressed head to toe in black leather, he high fived me and set the 7 bags on the counter and stated to the clerk " Reload these, my good man, with your finest projectiles and lock them for accuracy. I'll return in the morning to claim them". As he walked away I started to say somethig and he covered my mouth until the guy left the store. He then took the 7 bags, dumped the contents, and emptied a 500 round brick into each one. The clerk saluted the door and stated "Reloaded per your request...Sir". I had to leave I was laughing so hard. Supposedly this guy was running an anti-terroist training camp out of town. I was told they trained using Ruger 10/22 rifles.

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

But seriously............
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'll watch for him next time I'm near Fort Knox.

I need to get me some of them 22 rimfire reloading dies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links