What would you expect from a Concealed Carry Association?

This is a discussion on What would you expect from a Concealed Carry Association? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lobby for pro CCW. Not really gun related, but FOCUSED on CCW. In states and on a the federal level for National Right To Carry. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you expect from a Concealed Carry Association?

Lobby for pro CCW. Not really gun related, but FOCUSED on CCW. In states and on a the federal level for National Right To Carry.

There is already plenty of lobbying as it relates to gun rights.

Group liablity insurance would be cool too.

2. Remove Ads

Call me ignorant but i don't think we need a national concealed carry law, I think it is a states rights issue, if the hanky-stomping, pany twisters want a state where guns are banned then let them have it, just don't force it on the rest of us. I think a concealed carry association would be a good idea, especially one that kept us informed of the relavent laws in each state. Also legal coverage would be great. Some of us don't have state firearms associations or if we do they are not very good. When I lived in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia I was in the CRPA, a good organization in a anti-gun environment.

Quote Originally Posted by turdherder View Post
    Call me ignorant but i don't think we need a national concealed carry law, I think it is a states rights issue, if the hanky-stomping, pany twisters want a state where guns are banned then let them have it, just don't force it on the rest of us.
    The problem that we run into is that if one state says no then other small groups in other states look to them as inspiration and precedent that they can do it too. The next thing you know you are having to fight for everything all over again.

Call me ignorant but i don't think we need a national concealed carry law, I think it is a states rights issue, if the hanky-stomping, pany twisters want a state where guns are banned then let them have it, just don't force it on the rest of us. I think a concealed carry association would be a good idea, especially one that kept us informed of the relavent laws in each state. Also legal coverage would be great. Some of us don't have state firearms associations or if we do they are not very good. When I lived in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia I was in the CRPA, a good organization in a anti-gun environment.
    I would love a National CCW. I don't feel that it is a State's Right to tell me that I must be disarmed and helpless while visiting there. I hate the fact that I can't visit my friend in California and carry while there, because CA doesn't honor either my MO or FL permit. Furthermore, in a legal sense, the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution makes it clear that RKBA is not a State issue.

As to a CCW Association, that would be fabulous. We need a lobby that can go to Congress and present our side of the story, and we also need some good PR from time to time. Currently CCWers have to rely on their local newspaper to tell a CCW success story. As to fees, I would have to balance what I am getting for what I am paying, but I think I could spend around $20/month on CCW fees.

That doesn't help those of us who live on borders with 3 other states and have to cross those borders frequently for work, and leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagleky View Post
    The problem that we run into is that if one state says no then other small groups in other states look to them as inspiration and precedent that they can do it too. The next thing you know you are having to fight for everything all over again.
    As opposed to Congress just turning it off for all states in one fell swoop... I'll take my chances with the states where the battle has been rather optimistic for the last 10+ years.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Although I agree with you on the purpose - there is no question about it - your richer than me!
    Not really, I just know that a top notch criminal attorney is expensive (well beyond $25,000 a pop).

Since one of the association's primary mission would be criminal / civil legal representation in cases of self defense, and if we had 2,500 members at $100 a month, maybe we could create a position for a dedicated attorney on each state (lets say with a salary of $50,000 just to handle the member's criminal / civil cases).

I say create a position instead of hiring an attorney because I want an attorney who is pro-gun and loves the same things we do about guns - it can't be that hard to find one.

Hell, maybe we can even get ourselves an automated toll free number to get us to our attorney... 1-800-BE-QUIET...maybe... "welcome to the Concealed Carry Association's emergency self defense hotline - please inform the police / law enforcement personnel that your attorney will make a statement about what happened after he has spoken with you...remember you have the right to remain silent...use that right...transfering to our attorney..."etc

I want a huge media campaign. I want to hear it on the radio, see a commercial at least once or twice an hour during prime time to kill the "taboo" thing about carrying guns.

Why did single mothers become OK? Only because they became more visible. Lets be visible!
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I'm very pro the idea of having associations in each state. The laws vary so much, as does the political landscape, that it almost requires state level organization. From a state point of view, I'd want lots of political information, forums to interact with politicians, etc, as well as possibly some conventions or get togethers where we could all meet and share our experiences. We do a bit of that with our Kansas concealed carry online forum... it's more tailored to our unique needs, and we are using it to organize the first annual Kansas CCL barbeque...
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    No expectations, except that very little could be offered that isn't already covered by the NRA, SAF, JFPO, VCDL and Oregon's own OFF. These each are experienced, long-lived organizations with the research and political muscle behind them, to say nothing of financial power. Recreating even a piece of that in another format will IMO, at least in the short run (<15yrs), dilute the effects of the others.

What would I be prepared to pay for that? None.
    U R pretty much on the button, because the legal representation others wanted is too expensive to be offered nation wide.

USCCA

I belong to the USCCA (U.S. Concealed Carry Association); founded by Tim Schmidt. http://www.uscca.us this is a great association; well edited magazine...I contribute. Just a tremendous group of folks. Check it out I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Craig
    http://www.uscca.us

America loves to sue.

How about some insurance to settle the sure to follow "unlawful death" suit.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    A couple people mentioned USCCA (U.S. Concealed Carry Association). What do you get besides a magazine and a forum?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

You bring up a good point...what do you get? A well put together resource. I have found the premium content to be invaluable. Tim's efforts in public education on concealed carry have done very much for bring new gun enthusiast into the shooting sports. Check out the site; I'm sure you'll see the content fresh and something not available elsewhere. The magazine is also well produced. The more you become involved the better it gets; that's all I can say.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
    How about some insurance to settle the sure to follow "unlawful death" suit.
    Not needed, with appropriate legislation to disallow any civil lawsuits except after findings of "guilty" in a criminal trial, in cases of self-defense against felonious assault. It truly is double-indemnity and should have no place in the courts. If adjudged justified, it should be exactly that. Shouldn't need extra insurance, if that little gem of a loophole is closed, as it is in several states.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links