Might be time to move....

This is a discussion on Might be time to move.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good luck with what ever you decide....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Might be time to move....

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Good luck with what ever you decide.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve48 View Post
    Just to give you a clue, the police were all hudled in their basements while tornado's were all around town. What a bunch of cowards. Steve48
    Next time a tornado comes around my town, I'll be sure to chase it off with my badge and gun.

As for the neighbor problem... the squeeky wheel gets the grease. Be a PIA to the police dept., call with good, credible info often. Action will happen, it just takes awhile and wont happen overnight.
    "Just blame Sixto"

OD*
    the police were all hudled in their basements while tornado's were all around town.
    Sounds like the smart thing to do, to me.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Be patient. I live in a pretty decent neighborhood and have seen shady types move in only to move out within a year because they can't keep up with house payments. Many times folks like that buy way over thier heads. With 10 kids by multiple fathers I'm guessing she's doesn't work for NASA and probably not a financial wizz. The problem may solve it's self.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Steve48
    ...the police were all hudled in their basements while tornado's were all around town. What a bunch of cowards.
    Are you serious!?! That's not cowardice, that's common sense! What did you expect them to do? Stand outside shouting at the tornado to go away?

And where were you? Huddled in your basement? If you have any sense that's where you were. So, what does that make you?

SHEESH!
    Last edited by denverd0n; May 7th, 2007 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve48 View Post
    Just to give you a clue, the police were all hudled in their basements while tornado's were all around town. What a bunch of cowards. Steve48
    I'm going to have to call you on this one too. A dead cop can't do a damn thing.

As for the deteriorating living conditions, I agree with others. Contact local authorities and advise of the goings on. Then do everything in your legal power to make life misearable as possible.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Move back to Indiana!

All kidding aside, don't let them win, like others have said, be a pain in the a$$!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Part of the duties the police here are expected to do in Kansas is to spot where the tornado's are. The sheriff, his deputies and all the other towns police officers were out there on duty looking while ours where in the basements of their homes. We lost a police officer trying to save one town. Sometimes, you have to do what is right and not what is in your best interest. As far as where I was, I was spotting tornado's outside of town which damage my truck but saved lives. As far as trying to do someting about the Meth problem, I have called the attorney general, had town meetings while the police just ignored the whole event. There clueless and IMHO, worthless. As a matter of fact, they called in to the dispatcher's office an hour before the first tornado was spotted and said they were all going to be in the basement of one of the officers home. That's why I called them cowards. Steve48
    Last edited by Steve48; May 8th, 2007 at 11:18 AM.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by randyman_ar View Post
    I'd rather see you and your neighbors stick to your guns( ) and make them uncomfortable enough to move. I hate to see honest folks chased away by trash.......but then thats a lot easier said than done! Good luck in what ever you decide.

It is too bad that a good family feels like they must leave. You have the ability to do so but the rest of the neighborhood probably doesn't have that option. Too bad trash has to invade a good area.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    . . . a new boyfriend/main squeeze type move in with them. This guy is pretty thuggy if you know what I mean. Now we have several pimped out cars driving through. Big stupid looking wheels, spinner rims, big cars with 4 and 5 big thug types in them. Several times I have had to yell at these idiots to slow down as there are lots of children on this street.

So, I have always carried all the time, even at home. But now I am being even more vigilant about it. Some of the other folks on the street are carrying now too. One guy who I was sure was anti seems not to be. I saw the distinct outline of a handgun under his shirt the other day when he was at his mailbox.
    We and the other neighbors are all keeping a close eye on them. Something just doesn't seem right. Can't put my finger on it but I know something is up over there.

I think it might be time to move on.
    Apart from carrying all the time like you say you do, it most definitely IS time to move. (It'd probably be hard to get away with burning the neighbor's house down while making sure that the "donks" (the stupid cars with the big wheels) also were destroyed.)

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Next time a tornado comes around my town, I'll be sure to chase it off with my badge and gun
    ... and give it a speeding ticket, as well as a citation for excessive noise.

Come on East to Nashville Steve, we'd love to have you.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    Move back to Indiana!

All kidding aside, don't let them win, like others have said, be a pain in the a$$!
    Man do I wish a good job offer would come in from Indy! I'd have the family in the van with our stuff packed so fast they'd all wonder what the heck happened.

I'm still looking.

We were waiting to hear from my wife's employer about a job opening in the same area over near Nashville so she could transfer to it. They were taking their sweet time and as a result, the station who offered me the job offered it to someone else. (I knew this was a possibility) I spoke to them today, they should get a reply back from the other party tomorrow. If they do not take the job, then it is mine. If they do take it, then it looks like I will be sending out another wave of resumes.

In the mean time, I am going to start making noise to the local LEO's and to the property management company that they rest the house from. If enough of us complain they may just invite them to leave.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Mike, maybe you ought to try DaveT's method.

Shame on me for exposing my weapon....

George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Mike, maybe you ought to try DaveT's method.

Shame on me for exposing my weapon....

I just read that thread. Somehow I missed it. Sounds like a great idea. Couldn't hurt to give it a try if the "gut" feeling allows you to do so.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links