Might be time to move....

This is a discussion on Might be time to move.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We live int the small town of Arlington Tennessee. Just 25 miles or so East of Memphis (a true hell hole, at least the North ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Might be time to move....

Might be time to move....

We live int the small town of Arlington Tennessee. Just 25 miles or so East of Memphis (a true hell hole, at least the North and South sides of the city) it is a nice, quiet town of about 10,000 people. We just got our first traffic light 3 or 4 months ago.
    The Subdivision we live in is, or was quiet. Thank God we rent the house we live in so we are not tied down here. The "family" next door is really driving the rest of the neighborhood down the tubes. Let me paint the pictures for you. The house next door is the same floor plan as the one we live in. 4 bedrooms, all upstairs, a living room, dinning room, medium sized kitchen and a 2 car garage. 2 and a half bath rooms. About 2000 square feet.

We have 5 kids and it is a bit cramped. Not too bad, the twins (5 years old) in one room and the two older boys in another and my daughter in a room by herself. Then my wife and I in the master bedroom.

The "lady" next door has 10 children living in the same amount of space (all by different "fathers") and she just had a new boyfriend/main squeeze type move in with them. This guy is pretty thuggy if you know what I mean. Now we have several pimped out cars driving through. Big stupid looking wheels, spinner rims, big cars with 4 and 5 big thug types in them. Several times I have had to yell at these idiots to slow down as there are lots of children on this street.

So, I have always carried all the time, even at home. But now I am being even more vigilant about it. Some of the other folks on the street are carrying now too. One guy who I was sure was anti seems not to be. I saw the distinct outline of a handgun under his shirt the other day when he was at his mailbox.
    We and the other neighbors are all keeping a close eye on them. Something just doesn't seem right. Can't put my finger on it but I know something is up over there.

I think it might be time to move on. So I may be taking a job in Nashville and moving East. Less crime, less Liberals, more country. Sounds good to me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Hey...if you're able to move then move. Sounds like you have many good reasons to pull up stakes.
    You can never pick your neighbors though no matter how nice your neighborhood is.
    PITA screwball people live everywhere these days.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I'd rather see you and your neighbors stick to your guns( ) and make them uncomfortable enough to move. I hate to see honest folks chased away by trash.......but then thats a lot easier said than done! Good luck in what ever you decide.
    Deliver us from the democratic party!

Start writing down license plate numbers starting with the cars parked in the yard next door.

When you have a list, including the drive by vehicles take it down to the local law enforcement folks and voice your concerns.

You say,

"Something just doesn't seem right. Can't put my finger on it but I know something is up over there."

Listen to your gut. Be sure and tell the cops what your gut is telling you.

From your description the first thing that comes to my mind is, "DOPE!!!"

Make notes on how long the thugs in the pimped out rides hang around. If it is consistently a very short time. "DOPE"

Instead of moving, save your money and get a Sig P220. You will like the .45

VIP Member
    Congratulations on the stop light. Bad neighbors can be a no win situation. They can do just enough to make your life hell, but not enough to be illegal. There was a thread on here not long ago where the guy intentionally let the neighbor see he was carrying, the guy moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    The "lady" next door has 10 children living in the same amount of space (all by different "fathers") and she just had a new boyfriend/main squeeze type move in with them.
    Check with the fire chief; code may not allow that many in that space. Either way, call CPS and tell them everything you know and feel. Just getting them out of your neighborhood won't do anything for those kids. Despite the bad name the rigid structure of a CPS investigation has gotten, it does get things investigated throughly, and when there's a really bad situation, it's worth the hassle.

I'll save you a Google:
    TENNESSEE
    Child Protective Services
    Tennessee Department of Children Services
    Cordell Hull Bldg.
    436 6th Ave. North, 8th Floor
    Nashville, TN 37243-1290
    (615)741-8278
    (615)532-6495 - FAX

And another while I'm at it:
    Fire department non-emergency: (901) 867-8905 Chief Dennis Rutledge or Lt. Len Beardsley should be able to give info on the fire and occupancy codes.

VIP Member
    I think you'll like Nashville. We still have the ugly pimped-out cars and thumping stereos, but not the amount of crime Memphis has.

And I have yet to come across a cop who was against concealed carry.

With 5 kids, you've got yourself an army. And I'll bet those 5 kids won't grow up to be rollover victims.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

wait do you live down the street from me ? sounds just like the people who moved in next to me

Does the lady next door own her house or does she just rent. If she rents, then get in touch with her landlord and let him know every time she is being a disruptive to the neighborhood. If the landlord's life becomes hell because all the neighbors are calling him night and day, then he will make her move.

If she owns the house, there is not much you can do if she or the others aren't breaking the law. Other than contact police if they are disturbing the peace, or playing music too loud or loud late at night, several trips out from officers because all the neighbors are calling should limit the disturbances. As far as too many kids in one house I think they are barking up the wrong tree. I am the youngest of 11, if they are all her children, in a 4 bedroom house don't really think you have anything to go on there.

Since I own my home, I don't intend on moving if someone moves into one of the few rent houses visible from my place. I have and will continue to make their life as much hell as they are making mine, until either the landlord gets fed up with me calling, or they get tired of the police coming to thier door because they have kept me awake.

Good luck with your situation, hopefully the neighborhood wins over this one household. Giving up is how neighborhoods start the decline.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Sounds like my small town in Kansas. Many older homes were taken over by Meth heads and makers which makes the town unsafe. The police are clueless and neighbors have to defend themselves at night. Just to give you a clue, the police were all hudled in their basements while tornado's were all around town. What a bunch of cowards. Steve48

So when does the move take place ???
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I've lived about 30 miles outside of Nashville since 1991 in a very quiet subdivision. In addition to normal professional type civilians we are graced with alot of military (active and retired) and an abundance of LEO residing in the neighborhood community. Great place to raise your young'uns. There is only one way in and one way out, so if you don't live here you don't drive though.

There are some great communties outside of Nashville to raise a family. Don't know if I would be much help as where you would be working is about 75 miles from where I live but, if you decide to take the job, PM me and I'll hook you up with a couple of real estate agents from my church.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239
    One guy who I was sure was anti seems not to be. I saw the distinct outline of a handgun under his shirt...
    Don't let that fool you. A whole lot of people who are VERY anti-gun also own and carry guns. The thing is that they think THEY should be allowed to have a gun, but no one ELSE should.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Come on up to Louisville, we need more good folks up here. Would love to have you.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    We and the other neighbors are all keeping a close eye on them. Something just doesn't seem right. Can't put my finger on it but I know something is up over there.

I think it might be time to move on. So I may be taking a job in Nashville and moving East. Less crime, less Liberals, more country. Sounds good to me.
    When in doubt...go with your gut!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links