T-shirt design help

T-shirt design help

This is a discussion on T-shirt design help within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, some of us folks over at Students for Concealed Carry on Campus are trying to come up with some t-shirt designs. I'd appreciate some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-shirt design help

T-shirt design help

Well, some of us folks over at Students for Concealed Carry on Campus are trying to come up with some t-shirt designs. I'd appreciate some feedback from you guys.

Keep in mind this is our first attempt at anything like this, and we can't allow a tshirt that gives reason to dismiss us (I.E. Gun's dont kill people, I kill people). If you guys have some, let us know, it's greatly appreciated.

These are in no particular order, so feel free to cut/paste/dismember, etc.:

1. A saying on the back could be.
    "SCCC, supporting law abiding citizens' constitutional rights"

2. Designed to have people stop and ask questions. 30 sec. is an example, how many times a gun is used in self defense.
    Front: Every 30 seconds
    Back: ConcealedCampus.com

3. front: Unarmed by law
    Back: concealedcampus.com

4. Front: Victim by law
    Back: not by choice
    concealedcampus.com

5. Front: concealedcampus logo on left chest
    Back: defenseless by law

6. "unarmed by law on campus, not defenseless by choice"

7. "I can legally carry a concealed firearm almost anywhere else in this state, but when I walk on campus I have to be defenseless"

8. "Gun Free Zone = Defense Free Zone."

9. http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5...tshirt2gb6.png

10. Social Security - it's not just a government program.

11. Social Security is in your hands.

12. Save Social Security - support your right to carry on campus

13. FRONT: 46 States trust law-abiding citizens to defend themselves with concealed handguns.
    BACK: Why do most colleges deny us that right?

Another thought would be to have the text on the back up at the sholders, with a map of the US in the middle. Highlight the states that allow us to carry (NE, WI, IL, KS don't allow it period) in say, green or blue. Put a red dot on every city with a college where students aren't allowed to carry on campus (pretty simple, only Utah allows it).

14. Maybe we could run with the concept without being quite as "offensive"? Like "This sign - this attitude - killed 32 innocents at VT" (and a "gunbuster" sign) ?

15. On the back in big letters:
    My Life
    My Responsibility

Alternately:
    My Life Is
    My Responsibility

16. ATTENTION CRIMINALS
    (picture of gun with circle and slash)
    Under state law, all law-abiding persons on this campus are disarmed. You may kill or rob as many as possible until the police show up.

17. (front)
    The Second Amendment Doesn't Give You The Right To Own a Gun.
    (back)
    It Forbids The Government To Take Your Gun Away.

18. Free Smith & Wesson!!

19. Free my Glock!!

20. My school doesn't trust me to defend myself.

We would probably be sticking to our current logo and keeping it down to one sentence a side. Thoughts/comments/suggestions?
    Last edited by jeep45238; May 8th, 2007 at 03:37 PM.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

It would be much easier and send much more of a statement to your college to transfer (and get everyone you can to join you) to a Utah college that will allow you to carry on campus. Any of them allow it! And send your college a very severe message and take money out of their pockets.

Also, Kansas is a CCW state as of this year.

Making these shirts will do nothing more than make the college write more anti policies and ban these shirts on campus. This is not how to go about fighting for the cause, adding more restrictions. IMO it will do little to nothing. Not that I think your wrong to do it and in fact I admire your efforts and dedication to the cause but I think it is a dead end road going about it this way.

Look into Utah and learn about how they were able to pass this and go from there.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Unless you're paying for my education and out of state tuition in Utah, transferring isn't going to happen.

I'm not the kind who moves and runs from an issue. I'm one of the folks that resolve/change it for the better.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

VIP Member
    Nebraska is also a carry state now.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I think something like #1 would probably be best. With the logo on the front small in the chest, and a good saying on the back with the website underneath.

Personally I would stay aware from the defenseless themes, because even though you are unarmed you are not defenseless. "There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous men." You still have defenses without a pistol, just takes a bit more effort on your part.

I don't think I'd bring social security into it either, people could just look at you really weird and not ask questions.

Wearing a firearms oriented shirt to campus is always a fun activity, like a free Smith & Wesson shirt.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

If I may suggest something, I don't think putting critical info (like the website) on the back is such a good idea. I'd guess that there are many people who can CCW who would buy one of these shirts to support the cause, but if they wear a cover garment over their t-shirt, any information on the back is going to stay covered up. Keep everything on the front!

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Unless you're paying for my education and out of state tuition in Utah, transferring isn't going to happen.

I'm not the kind who moves and runs from an issue. I'm one of the folks that resolve/change it for the better.

Yea, that's not going to happen, I have kids of my own that will soon enough be going to college.

Who's running from the issue and what do you seriously think you will change with a tee shirt? If you really want to do something, take the school to court with some high powered 2nd Amendment lawyers to over turn the schools position about campus carry. Wearing a shirt will do nothing but piss off your dean. The only thing that works is to get into their pockets and if you don't have the money to fight it I suggest you take your money else where and give it to a school who wants you to defend yourself and let the college you attended know about why they lost you and your money and hopefully others will follow this too.

If you can't do either, then good luck with those tee shirt's that will soon be banned as well as creating even more of a problem about the issue! Sometimes reality suck's, but that is the reality...........

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Kansas is a CCW state now, but the law specifically prohibits carry on college campuses. I think that's what jeep45238 was trying to say.

I do like the T-shirt idea for the purpose of finding new members, but it's not going to be useful for changing policy. Your state governments are going to have to make the change, but you need supporters to influence the legislators. Make the shirts, get attention, organize, then make the changes.

I like 2, 4, and 5. Humans are curious creatures; make them wonder what you're talking about and they will want more. If you put a full statement on a shirt, they will ignore it as they already know everything.

If you're going to have brief slogans like "Every 30 seconds" the web site should have clearly visible links which would explain it in greater detail.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    I like #4, I'd like something like "free speech, free thought, free expression....now all we need is freedom of protection"

(use of my idea comes with the price of sending me a free t-shirt to wear at my campus)
    Last edited by blueyedevil; May 8th, 2007 at 03:21 AM. Reason: add on

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Another thought would be to have the text on the back up at the sholders, with a map of the US in the middle. Highlight the states that allow us to carry (NE, WI, IL, KS don't allow it period) in say, green or blue. Put a red dot on every city with a college where students aren't allowed to carry on campus (pretty simple, only Utah allows it).
    Actually, Oregon is the only other state that allows it as well. CHL holders are specifically exempted from most common areas that a firearm is restricted.

The only restricted areas in Oregon are Federal Buildings and Lands that are restricted, National Parks, Indian Reservations, and Courthouses where the presiding judge has ruled that the courthouse is to be weapon free and that judge may change or make exceptions as they deem fit. Oregon statute also specifically states that no power or entity lower than the state legislature may make stricter firearm policies than the legislature unless they are given specific authority from the state legislature.

The theoretical possibility is that a university could press criminal tresspass charges against an Oregon CHL holder, but that is hard to do because they have to show that the person was commiting a crime or intending to do so. An NRA instructer I know just loves to go to 2nd A rallies at Oregon State University to set up a booth and answer questions as well as advertise his classes. The faculty has gone out of their way to threaten him, and everytime he has answered "I will not leave my weapon at home. Go ahead and arrest me, my attorney will be present." They have not laid a finger on him because they have nothing to stand on.
    Last edited by SonofASniper; May 8th, 2007 at 03:46 AM.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

VIP Member
    "Life, Liberty, The Pursuit of Happiness and the tools to defend them"
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    I think something like #1 would probably be best. With the logo on the front small in the chest, and a good saying on the back with the website underneath.

Personally I would stay aware from the defenseless themes, because even though you are unarmed you are not defenseless. "There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous men." You still have defenses without a pistol, just takes a bit more effort on your part.

I don't think I'd bring social security into it either, people could just look at you really weird and not ask questions.

Wearing a firearms oriented shirt to campus is always a fun activity, like a free Smith & Wesson shirt.
    Or a "Free Smith & Wesson!" shirt.
    or "Free my Glock!" Etc. and then Web page logo.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Remember the space you have on the shirt. Some of the longer sayings you have would be small, and very hard to read at a glance. Five or six easy to read words would be ideal on the front or back of a shirt. Also remember that those that see the front of your shirt, most often will not see the back, and vice versa.

Also don't put words on their that will automaticly turn some off. I would avoid using the word "gun" since to some this will automaticly make them turn away. Make them think about the statement that they read.

Looking at all that, I would go with #4, but put it all on the front, with the webpage on the back. T-shirts are a hard design when it comes to promoting something.

As a suggestion, try printing up some business cards, with a catch phrase on the front, and say top ten facts about CCW on the back with a "for more information go to....." Then leave them around the campus. But in all things BE PROFESSIONAL. If just one act is unprofessional, it will reflect on the whole movement.

Best of Luck.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Good luck to you.

And as others have said, Kansas and Nebraska are now CCW states.

I wish you good luck in your endeavor but I don't think it will make much difference. These Liberal fools are just too deeply entrenched in the higher education system.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Yea, that's not going to happen, I have kids of my own that will soon enough be going to college.

Who's running from the issue and what do you seriously think you will change with a tee shirt? If you really want to do something, take the school to court with some high powered 2nd Amendment lawyers to over turn the schools position about campus carry. Wearing a shirt will do nothing but piss off your dean. The only thing that works is to get into their pockets and if you don't have the money to fight it I suggest you take your money else where and give it to a school who wants you to defend yourself and let the college you attended know about why they lost you and your money and hopefully others will follow this too.

If you can't do either, then good luck with those tee shirt's that will soon be banned as well as creating even more of a problem about the issue! Sometimes reality suck's, but that is the reality...........

Ti
    +1 on this statement. I'd see the t-shirts as "fanatic". You're going to cause uproar and have to deal with lots of people confronting you. If you get out of control or raise your voice at all in your defense, you're going to appear "out of control" and they will use that against you. I think its a bad idea and no way to go about getting the message across.
    This isnt like trying to keep little bunnies from being tested on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links