Converts, Converts, Everywhere! This is fabulous!

This is a discussion on Converts, Converts, Everywhere! This is fabulous! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I believe everyone here knows that I do not hide my status as a gun lover, even at my other job in education. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converts, Converts, Everywhere! This is fabulous!

Senior Moderator

Converts, Converts, Everywhere! This is fabulous!

I believe everyone here knows that I do not hide my status as a gun lover, even at my other job in education.

I have gotten mostly positive feedback but now everyone knows that I'm also a go-to girl if you have questions, concerns or want to learn something.

A coworker of mine just came up to me and said, "Do you rent guns at your other job?"

"Yes we do," I say.

She said, "Well, it surprised me. Last night my daughter and I were talking (her daughter is about twenty-eight years old) and she said, 'You know, there's something I've always wanted to learn how to do.' I asked her what that was and she said she's always wanted to learn how to shoot a gun. I told her she needed to come and talk to you. She said she thought you'd think she was an idiot."

Now, I've met this lady's daughter and she is a very sweet, intelligent young lady. I assured her that I would certainly NOT think of her as an idiot for wanting to learn how to properly use a gun.

I recommended her signing up with one of our NRA certified instructors for a one-on-one class and listed what is included in the cost of the class and what she'll learn.

My coworker smiled and said, "Oh, she'd probably love that. I'll tell her and she'll probably want to do that. Thanks. Is it okay if she calls you herself for more information?"

Of course I said it was fine if she did.

I'm excited. That's two people in the course of three days (lady's too) who expressed interest in learning how to use a gun.
    Last edited by limatunes; May 8th, 2007 at 11:57 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Must be something about your personallity that draws them out.

If you keep referring people this fast to the instructors, they are going to have to put you on commission.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    It's nice to know that we have an intelligent female representative out there. Sometimes it's easier for women to talk to women.

Well done. Convert them all!
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Ok, it's only about a 10 hour drive from you to Indianapolis. If I arranged for you and my wife to have lunch?.... :)
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Good job! Keep up the good work!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

You may very well be tapping into a marketplace that you are uniquely qualified to exploit (and by exploit I don't mean in a negative way.)

Think about your recent experiences and ask yourself if you don't have an opportunity to both help women help themselves, and also turn it into a business of your own!

There's nothing sinister about making money doing something you love!

Quote Originally Posted by farmerdave View Post
    You may very well be tapping into a marketplace that you are uniquely qualified to exploit (and by exploit I don't mean in a negative way.)

Think about your recent experiences and ask yourself if you don't have an opportunity to both help women help themselves, and also turn it into a business of your own!

There's nothing sinister about making money doing something you love!
    Another vote for Limatunes to get her instructor qualifications?

Are you hearing this consensus Lima?

Assistant Administrator
    lima - you are ''da gal''

I used the word in another thread IIRC ... ''ambassador'' and you most surely are that. Your personality shines thru all you write and I'll bet that too is a big part of it.

Keep it up ........ I all but see a major career change on the horizon
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I also say go instructor. With your website design skills, personality, and contacts you should do well as a side business that maybe turns into a primary business.

VIP Member
    Anybody know any higher ups in the firearms industry? Maybe gunshop owners? Tim Schmidt from U. S. Concealed Carry Association? Wayne LaPierre from NRA? Leaders of other gun rights organizations? Let's get in touch with these people and get limatunes hired as our roving, goodwill ambassador. Obviously it is providential that she is present on our board at this critical juncture in our nation. I don't usually quote Bible verses on this board, but this one is too good to miss:

"Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Last part of Esther 4:14 New King James Version
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I didn't say let's make her a saint, passing her instructors course will do for now...

That is great news, and a good reminder to me.

Being raised around firearms and hunting, sometimes it's hard for me to relate to that feeling of uneasiness that folks that know little about firearms have as they bring up the subject. I am reminded to be patient and move slowly to introduce folks to the joys of shooting.

I am about to introduce our grandchildren to shooting, and want to make it fun and non-threatening. With that in mind, I've purchased some steel targets for .22 shooting, and plan to get the oldest out to the range later this month for the first time.

Thanks for sharing your story, and good luck!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

That's great !!! My wife has converted few over the years as well.

Keep up the good work, the more gun savvy people out there, the better.

VIP Member
    Lima Congratulations!!!!!! I know the feeling!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Moderator
    Wow.. I'm ... umm.. flattered? (insert blushing smiley face).

Yes, I would love to become and instructor.

If becoming a spokesperson came around I wouldn't be opposed to it. Public speaking is nothing I've ever been afraid of. I'm an open gal.

I'll start with just getting my certification though.

Being raised around firearms and hunting, sometimes it's hard for me to relate to that feeling of uneasiness that folks that know little about firearms have as they bring up the subject. I am reminded to be patient and move slowly to introduce folks to the joys of shooting.
    This is never something I've had a problem with but I can certainly understand how it can be frustrating for some people.

I have tutored Algebra, Geometry, Speech, writing and Latin. I am somewhat familiar with customizing my "teaching method" to the student's needs. I enjoy that look on their face when they "get it."

I've been told I'd make a fabulous teacher because I am patient and understanding. Patient maybe, understanding... ehhhh I don't know.

I loved tutoring, but I never did like classroom settings. I did it for one class and it was frustrating to me. The smaller the class size, the better.

I can't teach in bulk.

We'll see what the future holds for little ol' me.
    Last edited by limatunes; May 9th, 2007 at 08:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links