For Arkansans

This is a discussion on For Arkansans within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in Texas, but really, really close to Arkansas, so I have a question for those that live in Arkansas about a bit of ...

Thread: For Arkansans

For Arkansans

I live in Texas, but really, really close to Arkansas, so I have a question for those that live in Arkansas about a bit of the law that I find quite querky.

Do you in fact tell someone when your carrying concealed and go to thier house that you are carrying like the law requires?

I have some friends that live in Arkansas, and do on occasion go into other peoples homes in Arkansas, but have not followed this part of the law myself. I know, shame on me, but at least I admitted it. I know the friends that I visit know that I have a permit in Texas but don't think that they know that I carry every day. Besides they are folks that I shoot with, so it is not like they are opposed to guns or whatever.

Anyway for those that are in Arkansas or tend to find themselves there a lot. Do you notify the homeowner?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I'm looking forward to the answer to this one, too. I also live in Texas, but go to Arkansas on occasion.
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

You are required to tell the homeowner that are carrying a concealed weapon. If the homeowner wants to be tough he can tell you to leave or remove the weapon. I know, I know. Most of the time it's a buddy's house and doesn't matter. But it is a part of the law. Is Texas different?

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Texas (and probably most other CCW states) doesn't have such a law. The only states of which I am aware who have this notify-in-private-residence are Arkansas and Alaska. Maybe Ohio?

Louisiana does too.
    "While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded."

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1981 Yugoslavian M59/66 SKS
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38
    NRA Life Member(when it gets paid for)
    Moving Eventually ... Montana or Wyoming anyone?

I always notify the homeowner when I am carrying and wish to enter their home. So far I've had zero problems.

Senior Moderator
    The friends I have will unmercifully harass me if they find out that I aint carrying.

Technically, the law requires that you notify. Although Ive never heard of a prosectuion for it, it basically gives the homeowner the final say in the matter and as far as I know, its never been an issue.

Personally, I think its more of a common courtesy thing to take it upon yourself to inform. If going into someones house that Im not sure of...I'll just leave it in the car until I get to know them enough to make it known.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links