Carrying....around the house?

This is a discussion on Carrying....around the house? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dwolsten Yep, got my XD right here on my desk. Also keep a shotgun in the bedroom ready for action. There's a ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying....around the house?

Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    Yep, got my XD right here on my desk. Also keep a shotgun in the bedroom ready for action.

There's a growing number of home invasions here in the Phoenix area. We won't even open the door any more unless it's someone we're expecting. I believe someone else on this forum recently posted about his experience of being attacked while in his apartment in Tempe (which is just a few miles from here), and his roommate killing one of the intruders (meth-heads, apparently).

Between the illegals and the meth-heads, things are getting really dangerous these days.
    Not to hijack this thread, but I remember the not-so-distant-past, when Chandler was in-no-way, considered "the Phoenix area". There were 4 shops and about 16 houses; a lot of farms. It used to be a rather long drive from Mesa to what people called, "Chandler".
    Now, there are meth labs and gang activity there. Hard to believe, but a strong statement for why we feel more comfortable carrying a method of personal defense... on us... all day... everyday... regardless of where we find ourselves.

The world, on a daily basis, gets no friendlier.

I carry at home, simply because my gun goes on with my pants in the morning, comes off with them when I get into bed. My carry rig is so comfortable, as to create a sense of "carry-complacency"... I only notice it, if it's NOT on.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    Always
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Unless I am asleep in bed (it is then in the holster mounted to the bed frame), working out (and then it is with in reach) or in the shower, I have the G23 on my right hip, as it is right now.

I carry around the house, all the time. You can't pick the time and place for the solid waste to strike the bladed, rotating air moving device.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The only time I don't carry at home is when showering, bathing or sleeping, but the gun is still within arms reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ping Ping View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but I remember the not-so-distant-past, when Chandler was in-no-way, considered "the Phoenix area". There were 4 shops and about 16 houses; a lot of farms. It used to be a rather long drive from Mesa to what people called, "Chandler".
    Now, there are meth labs and gang activity there.
    I've heard about those days, although I've only been here 7 years so I don't remember them myself. I came from east Tennessee and southwest Virginia before I came to AZ.

Hard to believe, but a strong statement for why we feel more comfortable carrying a method of personal defense... on us... all day... everyday... regardless of where we find ourselves.
    Yep, I agree completely.

The world, on a daily basis, gets no friendlier.
    It sure seems that way. However, from what I've read, Switzerland is still an extremely safe place to live, with home invasions virtually unheard-of. Of course, when nearly every house has a militiaman with a full-auto rifle inside, barging into someone's house might seem like a bad idea...

I think there's still safe places to live, even in the USA, but the cities are getting worse and worse at an alarming rate. That's why I'm planning on moving to someplace rural when my career allows.

Illegals!

Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    Yep, got my XD right here on my desk. Also keep a shotgun in the bedroom ready for action.

There's a growing number of home invasions here in the Phoenix area. We won't even open the door any more unless it's someone we're expecting. I believe someone else on this forum recently posted about his experience of being attacked while in his apartment in Tempe (which is just a few miles from here), and his roommate killing one of the intruders (meth-heads, apparently).

Between the illegals and the meth-heads, things are getting really dangerous these days.
    I lived in Phoenix one summer a couple years ago. I thought Houston had a bad problem with illegals but you guys have a horendous problem with them. I remember watching the local news while I was there and how they talked about how they'll cross the border in the morning to go to public school in Arizona and then cross back to Mexico in the evening.

Some of them also set up temporary tents so they can claim a "residence" which is all that is required to attend public school. Why the local/state government doesn't require proof of legality is beyond me.

It makes me furious that tax payers are footing the bill for all this. Don't even get me started about the free welfare and healthcare we give them.

They're sucking us dry and Bush just wants to build a damn fence and grant amnesty to all 7-20 million of them!

If Houston were a border town I'd join the Minute Men in a heartbeat.

Sorry for the off-topic rant; you hit a raw nerve...

carrying my g27 as in typing,if im out and about and its legal where
    im at got it on my hip.other than being at the range i hope i never
    have to use it but this days better safe than sorry.

Always within arms reach if it's not on me.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I do sometimes.

Home invasion is still the #1 use of a gun for personal defense.
    Carry at home? you bet. 24-7 is 24-7. Read my signature.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

yes
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Ron
    Rarely. Although possible, of course, I believe that a forced home invasion is highly unlikely where I live.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I do just because it's easier that way. Wake up in the morning and put the gun on...go to bed and take it off. No forgetting the gun if I just run out of the house for a second. Yet another reason a good comfortable holster/belt/gun combo is important.

I never know when someone is going to break my door down.
    That's about it.

Until criminals publish their timetables, they're in charge of the launch. I can only affect the likelihood of their augering in.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by whamonkey View Post
    I carry in the house too, not ALL the time but a good part of it........ I'm just so used to it.

Anybody else?
    Yes, If I'm awake, there's a 1911 on my hip, unless of course, I'm in the shower, but I keep one of those darn plastic guns in a tupperware container in there.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links