Carrying....around the house?

This is a discussion on Carrying....around the house? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I'm in the house, not very often but I have one close at hand. (no kids otherwise I'd do something different.) The second before ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Carrying....around the house?

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    When I'm in the house, not very often but I have one close at hand. (no kids otherwise I'd do something different.)

The second before I exist I strap at least one pistol on.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    What's the friggin' point of moving out to the sticks if you have to stare at a bunch of neighbors when you go out your front door?

If I have to deal with neighbors, I might as well live in the city.
    her·mit
    –noun
    1. a person who has withdrawn to a solitary place for a life of religious seclusion.
    2. any person living in seclusion; recluse.
    3. Zoology. an animal of solitary habits.
    4. Ornithology. any of numerous hummingbirds of the genera Glaucis and Phaethornis, having curved bills and dull-colored rather than iridescent plumage.
    5. a spiced molasses cookie often containing raisins or nuts.
    6. Obsolete. a beadsman.
    [Origin: 1175–1225; ME ermite, hermite, heremite < OF < LL er&#233;mīta < Gk er&#233;mīts living in a desert, equiv. to erm(ia) desert (deriv. of er&#234;mos desolate) + -īt&#233;s -ite1]

—Related forms
    her&#183;mit&#183;ic, her&#183;mit&#183;i&#183;cal, her&#183;mit&#183;ish, adjective
    her&#183;mit&#183;i&#183;cal&#183;ly, adverb
    her&#183;mit&#183;like, adjective
    her&#183;mit&#183;ry, her&#183;mit&#183;ship, noun

—Synonyms 1. eremite, monastic, anchorite, cenobite.
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
    Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, &#169; Random House, Inc. 2006.

Yup. I carry my M&P .40 in a Fobus paddle holster. It's the best way to be prepared. From cooking to cleaning, to surfing the net, it's on my hip.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Good place to practice Concealment, mistakes don't draw crowds.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

VIP Member
    I do carry in the house.

If I'm on the first floor and the weather is nice, I like to leave the back door open to let the air in, hear the birds, and enjoy the flowers on my deck. The back of our townhouse faces the woods so it's relatively private, but you never know. I like something more between me and the bad guy than a flimsy screen door.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

All the time. I get my gun as soon as I walk in the door and lock it up right before I leave.(No CCW yet) Sometimes I will even wear my smart carry and tuck it away so that the wife doesn't have to see it all the time.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have,at the least, my Kel-tec P32 in my pocket always. I do have other guns easily at hand but the pocket carry works for me.

I am retired and I might be watching TV, playing with the GrandKids in the yard or rolling under a car to change oil or do some other maintenance. I would have to remove an IWB/OWB for some things but the pocket gun is always there.
    Actually, one of my biggest fears is large dogs as my transitional neighbor hood seems to have a fondness for Pit bulls and Rottweilers and I usually have a 2 1/2 or 4 year old girl following me around and I don't want a loose dog to be a problem for us.

VIP Member
    No, unless I just haven't put it up yet.

Always....What are you going to do, tell the BG to wait so you can go get your gun.. We read almost every day about somebodies door getting kicked in...Remember BG's don't make appointments..
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

I don't have my permit yet, but FL allows us to carry in our glove box until we have one of those pretty little plastic cards. I always have my P40 in the glove box or on my person when I'm on my property, as well as having several other guns hidden around the house to make for a quick retreat. Shotgun in rear bedroom, P40 in master bedroom, G22 on the fridge, and Ruger SP101 near the front entryway / main hall. You really don't have to go much more than 15 feet in any direction to get a gun, and thats if it isn't on you. All of my neighbors are cool with carrying on thier land, and I'm cool with my neighbors carrying on mine. We look out for each other here!

Open carry is illegal where i live. But i have a Fobus tactical holster for my XD9 just to carry in the houses because is allows more freedom of movement and i dont need a belt to use it.

Always have at least one within arms reach, loaded and ready to go if the need be. Hopefully won't ever be a need!!!
    "Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts"
    Sir Winston Churchill

I certianly do. Or do I?
    I dont have a P3AT Mouse Gun
    or a G23,,,

Or do I ?

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I usually have a Kel Tec in my pocket around the house.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Cool I thought I was the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithtech View Post
    JCHoo - That was a good read. Should be mandatory study.

I carry 24/7 - even on the lawn tractor
    We own 3 acres with a detached shed. Last house in town, first house coming into town.Two drive ways, one which empties onto a highway. When I mow on my garden tractor I carry. When I trim my trees I carry. I open carry at all times on my property. My neighbors can see I carry but probably have never even noticed. It did get the Deputy's attention though when he had to serve some papers to me! When I shower I have a Sig 226 Navy Special Warfare Edition with Seal 9mm ammo. The rounds are water resistant. It hangs on my soap rack in the shower. If it gets wet I just wipe it off. My only complaint is that the Sig 226 NSW edition is not available in .40 with the attendant sealed ammo.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links