Carrying....around the house?

This is a discussion on Carrying....around the house? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always carry in the house. As soon as the work clothes come off and the after work clothes go on, the C-TAC with the ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Carrying....around the house?

I always carry in the house. As soon as the work clothes come off and the after work clothes go on, the C-TAC with the appropriate Glock go back on as well. No exceptions.
    Fireman

Carrying either a Glock 23 or 30 each w/ TruGlo TFO in Comp Tac C-TAC holsters since obtaining Nebraska CHP in Feb. 2007

<---------------------The reason I carry.

2. Remove Ads

i have gotten so use to carrying so i fell naked without it.

I always carry in the house, outside, don't matter. At night the G-26 is on the nightstand. In the morning it's on me all day.
    As so many have said, be prepared. Plus if the gun is on my person, I do not worry about anyone getting it.
    I carry all the time, so I feel odd w/o it.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I carry around the house a fair bit, although to stay legal the magazine has to be out of the gun and resides in my pocket. Considering the bears have woken up and the cougars are about, the 1911 is comforting when watching my child play outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I carry around the house a fair bit, although to stay legal the magazine has to be out of the gun and resides in my pocket. Considering the bears have woken up and the cougars are about, the 1911 is comforting when watching my child play outside.
    As a wildlife lover, I wouldn't be too happy about having to shoot a bear or mountain lion, and would definitely try to use some non-lethal means instead if feasible, like OC spray. These animals are just doing what's natural, and it's we who have invaded their territory.

Humans, however, get no sympathy from me.

Cool Wildlife lover and hunter

Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    As a wildlife lover, I wouldn't be too happy about having to shoot a bear or mountain lion, and would definitely try to use some non-lethal means instead if feasible, like OC spray. These animals are just doing what's natural, and it's we who have invaded their territory.

Humans, however, get no sympathy from me.
    I would have no compunction about shooting a bear or mountain lion to save someone or myself. Sitting on top of the food chain means I don't let them below me eat me or others.
    As for them just doing what come naturally, when they are sick or weakened they are more likely to kill a human than when they are able to kill their normal prey. Also when one human attacks another human I believe they are doing what comes naturally. Its just a socialization that prevents people from attacking other. Man is the greatest predator. An if I am willing to use deadly force to protect others or myself from bipedal predators, I'll darn sure use it on a quadpedal predator. If they are not a threat though I sure love to watch bears, cougars, and other wildlife. But opening day of hunting season I look forward to pitting my wits against them on their turf. Hope this isn't too off subject. If it is I apologize in advance.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Last Sunday my wife and I were in our living room--I was standing with my back to the door when my wife's looked at the door and her eyes got wide when she said "Oh my God!"....I turned and had my gun out of my holster and in the low-ready position when I saw my mother-in-law at the door.

Just so y'all understand, my MIL is awesome! and we get along great--she usually calls ahead and (almost) never drops by unexpected. My wife's reaction was all I needed to know that something was amiss. Fortunately, she was paying attention to the flowers she was carrying instead of seeing me draw down on her.

So yes--I carry at home--I live in a relatively rural area and do not get a lot of visitors or solicitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtruck2 View Post
    I would have no compunction about shooting a bear or mountain lion to save someone or myself. Sitting on top of the food chain means I don't let them below me eat me or others.
    As for them just doing what come naturally, when they are sick or weakened they are more likely to kill a human than when they are able to kill their normal prey. Also when one human attacks another human I believe they are doing what comes naturally. Its just a socialization that prevents people from attacking other. Man is the greatest predator. An if I am willing to use deadly force to protect others or myself from bipedal predators, I'll darn sure use it on a quadpedal predator. If they are not a threat though I sure love to watch bears, cougars, and other wildlife. But opening day of hunting season I look forward to pitting my wits against them on their turf. Hope this isn't too off subject. If it is I apologize in advance.
    Notice I did say "if feasible". That doesn't mean taking unnecessary risks.

Cool Yes I did notice

Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    Notice I did say "if feasible". That doesn't mean taking unnecessary risks.
    Yes I seen you said feasible, but a predator that size, I'm not sure anything but lead is effective. Perhaps pepper spray, but I'm not willing to take the risk. Perchance I'm a coward, but I would hate to be wrong. As for you not taking unnecessary risk, I have full faith that in that situation you will make the right decision.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Almost always (my spouse too). Love the SmartCarry.

Always. At a minimum, my P3AT is in my pocket. My wife says that I am being ridiculous carrying in and around the house. She, on the other hand, drives me crazy at times with how lax she can be with open doors, windows, etc. If I am working in the back of our house doing yard work, I lock up my front doors and garage door.

She emailed me this story this morning http://www.kansascity.com/news/break...ry/116307.html , which is very close to our house. Even though this incident happened in the middle of the night, there have been incidents locally, where the invaders went straight in the house during daylight hours. She's finally getting it.

Negative. But it's real close by. The Red-Bone Coonhound is locked and cocked. She is awesome. Best alarm system and dog I've ever owned. I know that dog would go down fighting for me and family.

T-
    S&W M&P .40 Compact
    Para Ordnance 18.9 9mm
    Wesson Mod 15 .357
    Ruger GP100 .357
    Remington 870 Express 12ga

If I have my pants on, I have at least one gun on, put probably two.

Right now I'm not wearing my pants because I've undressed for the day and I'm cooking in my boxer shorts. I have a gun within six inches of either hand. The only time I don't have a gun on or nearby is when I'm behind the walls of a Correctional Institution.

Biker

I carry all the time. Like many have said, when the gun is on my person I do not have to worry about kids or others getting ahold of my gun. And who can predict the timing of crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtruck2 View Post
    Yes I seen you said feasible, but a predator that size, I'm not sure anything but lead is effective. Perhaps pepper spray, but I'm not willing to take the risk.
    If we're talking bear, I'd probably put more trust in pepper spray than a regular pistol round. Bears are big, tough animals. Effective defensive rounds against bear attack start around .44 magnum, and even that's borderline inadequate (a larger pistol cartridge like a .454 Casull or .460 S&W, or a rifle or shotgun loaded with slugs would be better). If I was armed with pepper spray and a pistol intended for defense against two-legged predators, I'd probably go with the pepper spray first.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links