Carrying....around the house? - Page 7

Carrying....around the house?

This is a discussion on Carrying....around the house? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Blackeagle, I've been thinking about the effect of pepper spray on a bear. When their sight is irritated, they try to escape the irritation. That ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Carrying....around the house?

Lightbulb I've been thinking

Blackeagle, I've been thinking about the effect of pepper spray on a bear. When their sight is irritated, they try to escape the irritation. That would remove their interest in me. Am I correct? I've been pondering this the last few days. Have never hunted bear with a firearm. Bow hunting is more my style. Of course I don't think I would want to go into bear country without the largest handgun I can legally carry. In most states it is illegal to carry a firearm in the field during bow season. Your point on the 454 Casull etc is well taken. I'm certainly not the great white hunter, just a fat guy who loves the outdoors, wildlife, and hunting.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

usually if i leave the house (except to campus or work, cant carry there) I will carry and keep it on until i go to sleep. If im off that day and messing around the house, usually not. Im considering changing that since I live in Vegas and the meth heads and home invaders are out in record levels.

Me too! My Kel tec P3AT is always in my pocket. If I sit down to watch TV, I often have my XD laying on the TV tray.
    Last edited by Puppy; May 22nd, 2007 at 08:33 PM. Reason: MIss[elled word

most of the time its on,but when i have to do some yard work or things of that nature its put away
    A .38 in the hand is better than two .45 at home

Yes, I carry around the house. Just used to having it on my side and feel something is missing when not carrying. Plus, as mentioned above, it's there when I leave the house and don't need to think about putting it on.
    If I need to wear a shirt that needs to be tucked, I have a j frame in my front pocket.

Mike
    *** Honesty is the Foundation of One's Charactor***

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whamonkey View Post
    I carry in the house too, not ALL the time but a good part of it........ I'm just so used to it.

Anybody else?
    I make sure to keep it nearby, but not necessarily on me. That gets wearisome after a while.

No! Fortunately I do not live in a neighborhood that home invasion is likely. I don't see a need to carry at home, although a handgun is next to my bed.

Jerry

I do, sir!
    Preceding reasons say it all!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Why carry in your house? That's supposed to be your safe haven away from crime. If your not safe in your home without walking around with a .357 mag then your safe no where. Secure your doors better if you dont feel safe and your windows and dont answer the door if its someone you dont know,unless its girl scout cookie kids or maybe the jehova wittness people,hmm well maybe not them.

It's OK by me, but I think a lot of folks are paranoid. Carry at home, carry more than one gun, and such. If that isn't paranoia then what is?

I will make an exception for those who live in rough neighborhoods where there are drive by shootings, and breaking into houses is done. The other exception would be if I lived outside of town on a ranch or isolated area.

Fortunately, I have never lived in such places.

Regards,
    Jerry

Rural area here. There are houses around but you’re on your own. Call the sheriff and it takes on average 20 mins or longer (sometimes less). Meth is causing WAY too much bad in the entire county.

Many hardworking taxpayers are being responsible for their safety.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Rural area here. There are houses around but you’re on your own. Call the sheriff and it takes on average 20 mins or longer (sometimes less). Meth is causing WAY too much bad in the entire county.

Many hardworking taxpayers are being responsible for their safety.
    I would carry, in that instance, 24/7. We agree that each of us is responsible for his own safety. I would also attempt to get my wife to carry around the house or at least have one available.

I would also have a shotgun and a rifle available to the extent possible.

Best,
    Jerry

She (trained and safe) ALWAYS has one close. The AR and HD shot gun are at hand too.

Hope we never have to use them. Unfortunatly I have gone out with something to check on bad happenings. I try not to show what I got if I don't have to, however I do open carry a lot.

It is my home and I am part of a community that wants to remain civil. Fire arms just seem to be required lately.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    She (trained and safe) ALWAYS has one close. The AR and HD shot gun are at hand too.

Hope we never have to use them. Unfortunatly I have gone out with something to check on bad happenings. I try not to show what I got if I don't have to, however I do open carry a lot.

It is my home and I am part of a community that wants to remain civil. Fire arms just seem to be required lately.
    I remember when I grew up in various towns/communities in the south that we did not even lock our doors, and now we have to be armed or have access to a firearm for protection.
    HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED, and not for the better.

We have to be able to handle the changes, and protect our families. Drive by shootings are not uncommon in certain areas of cities, and difficult to defend against. By the time they shoot and scoot, it is doubtful that you can get info or even a shot at them. I have wondered how the DA might consider if one had a rifle pretty close, and ran outside and started firing into the retreating car. The innocent might get prosecuted for such, because they hit an innocent rider and not the shooter. What nonsense we must endure.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I have wondered how the DA might consider if one had a rifle pretty close, and ran outside and started firing into the retreating car. The innocent might get prosecuted for such, because they hit an innocent rider and not the shooter. What nonsense we must endure.
    I wouldn't do that and I'm sure a DA would prosecute you for assault or attempted murder since the car was clearly retreating and no longer considered a threat. Your state law maybe different than what mine is here in Nebraska but I know I would be in serious trouble if I tried anything like that.
    Fireman

Carrying either a Glock 23 or 30 each w/ TruGlo TFO in Comp Tac C-TAC holsters since obtaining Nebraska CHP in Feb. 2007

<---------------------The reason I carry.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links