Serious help requested

This is a discussion on Serious help requested within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Howdy. I don't know how many of you guys/gals remember the thoughts about protesting with an empty holster to class that somebody else brought up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious help requested

Serious help requested

Howdy. I don't know how many of you guys/gals remember the thoughts about protesting with an empty holster to class that somebody else brought up here. Well, upon hearing about that Students for Concealed Carry on Campus group, I joined it, and am now the campus leader for my school.

I brought up the empty holster idea for a nation-wide protest. At first, it was shot down. It's now picking up a great deal of momentum, especially from those around the Cincinnati area. So far, mid-October seems to be the easiest time for most of us to do it, as it's early in the school year still, there is plenty of time to recruit and advertise the protest, as well as plenty of time to make sure that campus officials/police know that it is simply a peaceful demonstration, and a group of people acting upon their first amendment rights. A week long protest is in the works right now.

As much as I appreciate the offers that others have given about letting us use the holsters you have for the protest, I can't think of a surefire way of getting them back to their rightful owners. Sure, we could hold licenses or whatnot, but there's no guarantee of it. I'm seriously thinking about just making some canvas holsters off a spool of material and spraying them with the SCCC logo on it, but anyways...

Another member on their website (they use www.facebook.com as the communication system/forum) suggested getting in touch with local pro-CCW and pro-2A groups for help with regards to getting representatives contact information, as well as meetings/debates set up. I'm putting this up on every website I visit, asking that if you know contact information for any representatives at any level of government, to share them, outside of the quick 'comment box' form that so many have on their websites.

We'd like to get their information and contact them about this, as in addition to being able to inform them about the issue, we will also be able to begin a serious campaign using the information. Face to face discussions, phone interviews, open forum debates, etc., are all serious avenues that we are looking to pursue, and we need some help to do it.

So, please, if there's anything that you can possibly do to help out, pitch in, our gratitude simply can't be expressed over a computer screen.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

2. Remove Ads

Try both Buckeye Firearms Association and Ohioans For Concealed Carry. They should be able to help ya out.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Does BFA have a forum? Who should I contact, or how do I get the information put onto their website?

Already working with OFCC.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

What about donations? I know I have at least one if not more that I could donate to the cause. Its really a piece of junk, I mean, I wouldn't put my ugliest, most trashed gun near it (not that I have a trashed gun mind you).

I couldn't think of a better use than to donate to a cause like this. I am sure there are some holster makers that have the "oopsies" sitting around somewhere.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    It might seem a little outside of the box, but if you have a Family Dollar or something like that, you can usually find the dual pistols Western set for a couple of bucks, that gives you 2 plastic holsters in black or brown, enough for 2 people. They are cheap, disposable, and usually have that recognized shape, and sometimes a little fake etching on them to boot. Match them to contrasting color cloths, and there you go.

Just an idea, It's not like my son has one or five at home or anything.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Administrator

Suggestion

Take a photograph of a holster and print it on a printer.
    Design it so it can be folded over and stapled to make the belt loop.
    You could add a slogan to it.
    Like...

If I carried a legal firearm located right here - I could save our lives.

Well, maybe not THAT exact slogan but, I've not had my morning coffee yet.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    What about donations? I know I have at least one if not more that I could donate to the cause. Its really a piece of junk, I mean, I wouldn't put my ugliest, most trashed gun near it (not that I have a trashed gun mind you).

I couldn't think of a better use than to donate to a cause like this. I am sure there are some holster makers that have the "oopsies" sitting around somewhere.
    Besides getting holsters you are also demonstrating support outside the university community since these donors are part of the public.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Perhaps tee shirts with a picture of an empty holster, and a statement something like: This solves NOTHING, legal campus carry MAY have! Then list the Columbines, Virginia Techs, etc.
    On the other side your Logo/Name/Web address. Perhaps a small statment, EX. "we're the good guys".
    Sorry if it seems corney but it would be easier to distribute, "less threatning" to the sheep, shouldn't get you in school trouble (as much) as a real holster. AND could be worn daily if you want.. Freedom of speach, a non threat, political statement. Just what colleges and universities stand for...
    Good luck, be safe.

I like the t-shirt idea with a big empty holster on it. Either way if you want holsters I have a couple that I can send as well.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

the T-Shirts and the printed holster are a great idea. If you do the printout, have them laminated for durability.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

I don't think BFA has a forum, but try contacting Linda on this one, she is really involved in it. If you can't get ahold of her let me know and I'll give you one of my contacts in it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I gotta say I think Printed and laminated would probably be most cost effective. Especially if you can hand them to everybody that wants one. A lot of people would wear one if it were free to them, but wouldn't spend any money. Just walk around or set up a table in the student center and ask people to wear one if they wish they had the right to defend themselves. Hand out hundreds. contact the press and get some publicity.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

ps, I'd make a donation to such an event. maybe cash or I could have some made and laminated and send them to you.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I think the shirts would be out of the question, unless you were able to raise enough money to print them. Shirts are not really that cheap...it would cost A LOT of money to do it that way.

The laminated paper seems to be the most cost effective way and it gets the point across. Real holsters could be viewed as threatening by some people too...

If you demonstrate, you don't want to cause trouble...and as far as the media is concerned, if you had a very peaceful protest/demonstration....it would look very good on your part.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Try contacting Sprinfield Arms. When at the shot show they were giving away free holstiers by the hundreds. I would bet they would love the fact that all the protesters were in SA holsters...
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links