Possible home invasion?

Possible home invasion?

This is a discussion on Possible home invasion? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.wgal.com/news/13308268/detail.html Don't know the full details yet. This is right around the corner from my house. Just another reason to carry in and around your ...

Thread: Possible home invasion?

Possible home invasion?

http://www.wgal.com/news/13308268/detail.html

Don't know the full details yet. This is right around the corner from my house. Just another reason to carry in and around your house.

We've had a rash of these here in the Steel City too, but they are mostly over drugs.
    "Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Not that I figure that I/we are candidates for a home invasion but I still carry at home.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

We've had a few around here too. Mostly committed by illegal immigrants and drug addicts (or people who are both)
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Yeah, not enough details to draw any conclusions... Some of these things where entire families are killed turns out to be a murder suicide involving someone in the family. More often it is a drug related thing where someone is seeking revenge. Or just simply robbers doing a random invasion.

In any case, even if you are not involved in the drug world and have bad habits of screwing people on drug deals, it's not impossible for it to be a case of mistaken identity. ie, drug dealer hires someone else to do the killing and they get the wrong house.

One thing I do know... No one is immune from a home invasion regardless of the original circumstances that caused the invasion in the first place.

Obviously we CAN do things to make us less likely a target of a home invasion, but total immunity I think would be just kiddin' yourself.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Year and a half ago during the first week of January (starting on New Year's Day), Richmond had six murders in a city with about 100 000 residents.
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal...ily/index.html
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ori..._Murders2.html
    Bark'n's and Ship A'Hoy's observations seems at least partly correct in they are related to drugs, but there are plenty of other home invasions that are truly random, just people walking into other peoples' houses because a door was open. I know of two guys who got robbed just sitting on one of the guys' front porch one evening in a nearby "nice" neighborhood.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Sponsored Links