Defensive Carry banner

Any one else get their Texas Permit recently?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  tvsjr 
#1 ·
My wife just got her TX CHL yesterday. What was amazing is that she applied at the end of March (She had been sitting on the packet for months until I finally got her to send it in.)

Only snag was she sent in a check with the wrong date (wrong month) on it. They returned the package beginning of April, and she sent it back with a new check and STILL it came yesterday.

Now, if they did not start it until they received the corrected check (cashed on 4/17/07 according to the bank statement), we're looking at a turn time of less than 30 days (postmark on licence was 5/9).

Even if they started when it was originally submitted (and it's my understanding they only start if the application is complete and correct) it was less than 45 days. This is for a new license, not a renewal. Very well done to the CHL processing department!!

I just remember mine taking 83 days to come (Feb 2005). Was wondering if anyone else had gone through the Texas process recently and been as pleasantly suprised.

#7 ·
my brother's sis in law took the class with my wife and mom back in June 06, my mom and wife got their licenses in sept and oct respectively, the sis in law didn't get hers until feb of this year
I don't know what the reason was for the delay though, she is a 22 yr old college student

#8 ·
wow!

Wish mine would have been that fast.It took 90 days after I mailed mine.No mistakes,just slow going.Or,maybe it was my picture!:gah:

#11 ·
Minnesota CCW Permit turn around time

In Minnesota we are guaranteed a permit or rejection within 30 days. We must apply in person at the Sheriff office in the county where we live. Wife and I went in on a Saturday. Permit arrived the following Friday in the mail. (6) day wait. Sorry not everything is bigger and beter in Texas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.