Car dealers posted?

This is a discussion on Car dealers posted? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Until recently, Ohio had their infamous laws allowing only open carry or locked storage in a motor vehicle. Of all the business types that are ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car dealers posted?

Car dealers posted?

Until recently, Ohio had their infamous laws allowing only open carry or locked storage in a motor vehicle. Of all the business types that are not legally required to post no carry, car dealers are by far the most common to post. Are car dealers in other states more likely to post than other businesses? (Posts that say "nobody in our state posts" are just teasing and not helpful )

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    I'm on the west coast of Florida.
    I have never seen a no gun sign on a car dealership.
    If there was they wouldn't ever sell a pick up truck.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I'm also on the West Coast of Florida and The only posting that I've seen was at a Hospital when I lived in Fort Myers!!
    Tony

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I've heard reports of posted dealerships in Kansas, but haven't seen one yet.

So far it's been medical centers, convenience stores, a few restaurants, and every single mall. (most of these places don't have a sign up to the AG's regulation either)
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

VIP Member
    I have never seen a posted car dealership. I visit them more often than I should and have been to most of the dealership in the Oklahoma City area and several of others in the state.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I don't think I've seen anything posted here in central FL outside of hospitals and the usual federal and state orifices.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    I don't think I've seen anything posted here in central FL outside of hospitals and the usual federal and state orifices.
    Same here. Maybe downstate in MI.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have never seen it out here.

Either way if a place has a no firearms sign posted they automatically have lost me and my families business and I typically write them a polite letter informing them that any place that would take away my right to defend myself from criminals is someplace I will not patronize.

i've lived in Massachusetts and now Maine, and never seen a "no guns" sign, not even in Boston or Portland.

Smith Ford in Slaton, Texas, has a non-compliant no guns sign on the show room floor. Has no legal authority, so it is ignored.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

VIP Member
    Nothing like that in South Florida other than the usual state and federal places. Even a hospital I used to go removed the sign it had last year.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    I live in Ky and i dont see signs anywhere but government buildings and schools...

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    I've read on Ohio CCW Forums that the Ohio Automobile Dealers Association told its dealers they HAD to post.

Most people, like the sheep that they are, do whatever someone in a position of "authority" tells them without thinking or questioning.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

30.06 dealership in Texas

JK Chevrolet in Nederland ,Texas is posted.Large dealership close to the airport.I bought my new truck somewhere else.

OK, thanks for all the responses--Looks like Ohio is abnormal in this area, too. I was car shopping a while ago, and was going to go back to discuss with one of the dealers--As much to understand why as to try to change his mind. Before I did, the VT shootings happened, and I decided it would be tasteless to go back immediately after.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links