Oxymoron

Oxymoron

This is a discussion on Oxymoron within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did anyone watch the Republican Debates last night and hear Mitt Romney say "I support the 2nd Amendment and the assault weapons ban" Can anyone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oxymoron

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar

Oxymoron

Did anyone watch the Republican Debates last night and hear Mitt Romney say "I support the 2nd Amendment and the assault weapons ban"

Can anyone explain to me how you can support the 2nd Amendment and the in the same breath infringe on the 2nd Amendment by banning scary looking guns???
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

He's like many other politicians. They try to appease both sides so they can get voted in, then do as they please. Funny though that he did it so blatantly

Omnimoron, more like. There are far too many of this dangerous sort hiding in the shadows in the halls of power. Dumb schmucks would just be marginalized in any town in the country, if it weren't for the (a) money and (b) ability to alter the future they have, by virtue of the office. We should thank them for showing their stripes so boldly, as the enemy you know is far less dangerous than the alternative.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    Did anyone watch the Republican Debates last night and hear Mitt Romney say "I support the 2nd Amendment and the assault weapons ban"

Can anyone explain to me how you can support the 2nd Amendment and the in the same breath infringe on the 2nd Amendment by banning scary looking guns???
    YES, That's the real man.
    Last edited by SatCong; May 16th, 2007 at 12:31 PM.

Administrator

That's easy to answer.
    Some guns are scary looking and some guns are less scary looking.
    The less scary looking ones should be allowed and the really scary looking ones should be confiscated.

And I'm totally OK with that as long as I personally am the sole determiner (for the entire United States) as to which firearms are scary looking and which ones are not scary looking.

That would be because I've not seen a doggone firearm that has scared me yet.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    It was a completely lame and pandering comment and just the kind of doubletalk I'd expect from a politician.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Who would watch?
    In my little opinion not one of theses guys will be standing in a year.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

simple really...everyone knows that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with evil black rifles...it's all about black powder, hunting, and sports...don't worry...he'll support the 2nd amendment and all of the hunting rights that go along with it. There will be no need to ban any kind of hunting rifles...well except for high power sniper rifles in anything larger than .22lr. Handguns should probably be banned too since they kill so many cops and our founding fathers didn't take that into account when they were thinking about our rights...after all, GB and AU have both banned handguns and look at how well it has worked over there.

I could not vote for him although I could not support the Demo's either. Steve48

Right...and Im a Christian Atheist.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I watched for awhile and then turned it off. There were many bonehead comments.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

But they did get some good jabs in at each other
    "While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded."

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1981 Yugoslavian M59/66 SKS
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38
    NRA Life Member(when it gets paid for)
    Moving Eventually ... Montana or Wyoming anyone?

He sure likes to ride the fence. I don't think he even knows what the Second Amendent says. Is this two faced or what?

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post

He was governor of freakin' Massachusetts, for cryin' out loud -- and did he once try to better the situation for gun owners there, even though he was *guffaw* a "Republican"?

Romney saying that he supports the 2nd Amendment is no more meaningful than Gore or Kerry claiming to. Everyone knows they're full of garbage. It's a perfunctory thing they have to say, just on the off chance that they may get one or two fence-sitting voters to cast a ballot for them. But the majority are smart enough to see the utter lie of saying that you somehow "support the 2nd Amendment" while voting consistently to trash our gun rights.

Romney. What a loser! I'll never vote for that jerk. Every article you see about him at this point is geared toward one major theme: can anyone tell just what he stands for, amid all his flip-floppiness and ambiguity? "Who is Mitt Romney?" No one knows, 'cause he's full of **i*.

Honest Politician is an Oxymoron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links