SSN Removed from GFL Application

This is a discussion on SSN Removed from GFL Application within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/2007...se-moot-again/ SSN Removed from GFL App; State Calls Case Moot (Again) The Georgia Department of Public Safety has changed the GFL application form for the ...

Thread: SSN Removed from GFL Application

SSN Removed from GFL Application

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/2007...se-moot-again/

SSN Removed from GFL App; State Calls Case Moot (Again)

The Georgia Department of Public Safety has changed the GFL application form for the second time in less than a year in response to a GCO member federal lawsuit. Now, the form no longer requests SSN or employment information, even on an optional basis. The state claims that the form has been distributed to all probate judges, with instructions to destroy earlier versions of the form. The state says once again that the pending lawsuit is moot, because of the change in the form. After the state’s first change in the form, it called the case moot, and the federal district court dismissed the case. The U.S. Court of Appeals reversed, ruling that the case was not moot. The briefs of the Department of Public Safety and the Carroll County Probate Judge can be found here:

http://www.georgiacarry.com/camp

2. Remove Ads

Of course, I called my local court (Cherokee County) and they claim to have never received a new form or any new instructions.

me
    Nice... in PA i believe it is optional but recomended for ease of background check
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Kudos on the changes!

Of course, here in Oregon, both the state driver's license and the CHL require the physical home address be printed on the darned things. That means having them taken results in two things being known: (a) your home address, and (b) that you're not actually there. Nobody seems up in arms about it, and I can't seem to get traction where it matters. Simple step toward basic security.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links