Warning Sheep alert!! - Page 2

Warning Sheep alert!!

This is a discussion on Warning Sheep alert!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by portsider44 How could anyone in there right mind think this away? I just don't get it. I know some like to call ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning Sheep alert!!

Quote Originally Posted by portsider44 View Post
    How could anyone in there right mind think this away? I just don't get it. I know some like to call them sheep, but to me complete idiot seems to fit a little better.
    I think jacka$$ is fitting here!

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    If someone shoots a cop in front of me, you can be darn sure I'm gonna drop him. The world needs more cops and less bad guys.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

“No one has a right to take a life, regardless of what happens,” said Beth Starbird, 24, of Boscawen. “He should’ve tried to stop it or called for help.”
    Well, he did stop it. And I have every right to take the life of someone who is trying to take mine. Who says someone else has the right to make mine forfeit. Use your head and think lady, I wonder how she thinks we should have responded to Hitler and Pearl Harbor.

Kevin Miller, 18, a business major at Plymouth State College, said Floyd couldn’t have known who was at fault in the situation.
    Well Kevin, in modern society if somebody is shooting a uniformed police officer, its usually pretty clear who the bad guy and who the good guy is. Stop watching so many movies, if you always wait to act until you know everything for absolute certain, life and opportunities will pass you by. Could the cop have been an imposter and the guy shooting him an elite counter terrorist unit member, sure, especially in James Bond, but odds are that is not the situation.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

me
    Quote Originally Posted by fsufanaz View Post
    I just can believe how stupid some sheep can be.

“No one has a right to take a life, regardless of what happens,” said Beth Starbird, 24, of Boscawen. “He should’ve tried to stop it or called for help.”

“How do you know the truth?” said Miller, who was out with friends at White Park in
    Concord on Monday. “How does he know what really happened?”

McKay’s police radio
    I wonder how he knew who was at fault.... MAYBE THE POLICE UNIFORM YOU IDIOT

Floyd also reportedly served in the Marine Corps. Members of the military and law enforcement are trained to shoot at the center of the body, and even then, they sometimes miss, McCarthy said. Aiming for a limb increases the risk of missing all together.

“There’s no such thing as shooting to wound,” McCarthy said.

Hillsboro Police Capt. David Roarick said, “We shoot to stop the threat. We’re not trained to shoot to injure people. Had it been another police officer, they would have shot to prevent the threat.”
    He Did correctly and as trained the man deserves a comondation.

STUPID
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Heroes (McKay and Floyd) +2, Turd/scumbags (Kenney) -1.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    And we wonder why 3 people did nothing while a 91 year old man was beaten by a carjacker.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Those sheeple are people not much younger than I. I'm at a total loss for what the heck is wrong with most of the younger adults today. Maybe its a lack of life experience? I don't know. I don't think I'll ever understand them because I try oh-so hard not to associate with them. Grrrr
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Ron
    I just can believe how stupid some sheep can be.

Ed
    I wonder how she would feel about taking a life if it was her life, or say that of her child, that the BG was about to take? Of course, we all know the answer. Too bad that it takes a life threatening situation for these people to wake up .

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

These people remind me of that old joke....

Quote Originally Posted by portsider44 View Post
    How could anyone in there right mind think this away? I just don't get it. I know some like to call them sheep, but to me complete idiot seems to fit a little better.
    About the difference between a Liberal and a Conservative. The liberal wines and moans when confronted by a deranged killer and blames themselves, the conservative shoots until empty. A Texan shoots until empty, reloads and shoots some more. These winers are moaning and groaning about killing a killer, and how do you know this or that. You go with what you perceive to be the situation and help the defenseless, namely this officer.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Thumbs down 24 year old girl victim

People can be real stupid when they are not actually involved. Let the 24 year old girl be in a situation where she was about to be kidnapped or killed and I'll bet she will change her tune real fast. She must have been born to be a victim.

quote: “He should’ve tried to stop it or called for help.”

He did both, did he not?

Many kudos to him and his son for their bravery and decisiveness

Quote Originally Posted by OD View Post
    Job well done, Gregory Floyd.
    Ditto

I've decided long ago that seeing a uniformed officer in distress was enough info to act. I'm a scientific blackjack man and don't play hunches, I play the odds. In this case the odds are overwhelming that the uniformed officer was NOT the Bad guy! Some people need to hand in their membership card that allows them to stay in this country. It is not enough to say, but:

Thank you for your service, officer Mckay.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Lead Moderator
    Nice to know there are some who are willing to help PD still. Sounds like some folks are clueless, no matter the circumstances.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I have read an article on Line of Duty (a police forum) that indicates that Floyd was no angel himself. He had numerous run-ins with the law, and on at least one occasion, verbally threatened to shoot officers in the head. I came away with the impression that he probably has more than one screw loose.

That being said, I can find no fault whatsoever with what he DID in this instance, killing a murderer who refused to surrender.

All I'm saying is: Praise what he DID, by all means, but let's not be too hasty about labeling him a hero. He may be no more of a true hero than Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver.....

As someone who lives in a small town in New Hampshire fairly close to where this happened, I know first hand that this was a hard nosed cop, but a good cop. To him the law was the law, and EVERYONE had to follow it (including himself). I admire Floyd for what he did. Others could have kept on going and avoided the whole situation all together.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links