Ever "nearly" been involved in a bad scene?

This is a discussion on Ever "nearly" been involved in a bad scene? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just yesterday I went to a local Super Wallyworld my receipt shows I was there at 12:19pm. On the local news I see that there ...

Thread: Ever "nearly" been involved in a bad scene?

Ever "nearly" been involved in a bad scene?

Just yesterday I went to a local Super Wallyworld my receipt shows I was there at 12:19pm. On the local news I see that there was an attempted car jacking at 12:21pm just enough time for me to get out of the lines and store to see this happen. The guy jacked was getting into his car when a 5'10" blonde junky comes up and tells him gimme the F'ing car. The victim said "noway buddy" then the BG stabs him in the stomach with a 8 inch butcher knife. I mind my own usiness as much as I can but an attempted murder is not something I'd just be a bystander with. I remeber a few years ago I watched a couple guy beat the living daylights out of each other, it was fair and nobody had a weapon. That in my book is worth walking by, but the car jacking thing was a big much. The guy that was stabbed drove himself the Marymount hospital then was airlifted to UK hospital the whole time the knife was still buried in his gut. Lemme know if you've ever witnessed anything like this or been in the area where something happened and never even knew what was going on.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

2. Remove Ads

That story turn out to be a hoax:
    http://www.wlextv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6529697

But to answer the topic's question: no, as far as I know I've never just missed being a victim or witness of an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoozyerdaddy View Post
    ...just enough time for me to get out of the lines and store to see this happen.
    Pray tell, what did this hoax look like?

Oops!
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk! --Tuco

I saw that it was a hoax about 30 mins ago, it amazes me the stupidity of people trying to get noticed being ignorant. A knife to the gut isn't the best way to get attention, sheesh.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

Links