How long have you conceal carried and have you ever been ....

This is a discussion on How long have you conceal carried and have you ever been .... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In public a couple of times hand on grip without anyone knowing. Outside on the property, if I don’t have a holster on it’s in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long have you conceal carried and have you ever been ....

In public a couple of times hand on grip without anyone knowing. Outside on the property, if I don’t have a holster on it’s in my hand. Usually I hold it behind my back so no one sees. Couple times it was good they saw it.

Have yet to walk out with the AR. Rural area near a cut through road means you’re on your own.

2. Remove Ads

wj
    I have carried most of my adult life. 14 years as a court officer and about 8 or 9 on a state License. I drew my firearm twice as an officer, both times to clear a building. CCW.... twice, once as I was sure I would be in fear for my life and once two "individuals" decided, in the dead of night, to enter my camping space. I left the camp area and came around behind them, sat in the dark for a very long time and they decided no one was there to harm so they left! Thank God!!!

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    Thank God so far I've only drawn my weapon at the range!
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Carried since Texas made it legal, then in Alabama and Louisiana when transferred away. Now again in Texas. In Mobile, Al about 1998 or so, I was headed towards my truck after being dropped off by my wife and inlaws after dinner. This was across from the Adams Mark Hotel at ~2100 hrs. Two men were walking down the sidewalk, saw me and came towards me in the parking lot. They came direct towards me. I could not get in the truck as they were coming. All I did was drop my hand down as I carried in my back pocket. Did not draw and my gun was totally concealed. One guy said don't shoot me. I told him to not give me a reason and to get the Hell away. They did and I was/am convinced that they were getting ready to mug me.

Back in Lubbock, Tx when the wife was in college and I was roughnecking, my wife was walking home from Texas Tech in broad daylight and man in a car tried to pick her up, then he chased her. She had to run and hide from this guy and he looked for her. This was before Texas had CCW, but the next day I had her a S&W 38 snubby with the covered hammer and she carried till babies came along. Still got the snubby. Of course she was so rattled that she could not recall anything that would help to find the guy.

Thank God I have never had to draw. I hope I never have too. I do try to watch people and situations. My wife and kids (college aged) all think Dad is paranoid - they are correct.

VIP Member
    nah, you're not paranoid, you've just come to the realization that there are evil scumbags in our society
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links