How long have you conceal carried and have you ever been ....

This is a discussion on How long have you conceal carried and have you ever been .... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; in a real combat situation where you at least had to present your weapon in order to diffuse a situation? You don't have to go ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long have you conceal carried and have you ever been ....

How long have you conceal carried and have you ever been ....

in a real combat situation where you at least had to present your weapon in order to diffuse a situation? You don't have to go into details (unless you want to) I'm just trying to get some feedback.

I've always had a gun accessible to me in one way or another especially when I used to travel a lot with work. I've had to pull a gun on a person 2 times in my life and thank GOD each time just showing the weapon ended a situation that could have turned out badly.
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

2. Remove Ads

Once in Florida right after I seperated from the AF when I was going to college I had to discharge my BHP twice into a very large angry drugged out haitian gentleman with a machete that came to the wrong apartment in a rage looking for his cheating girlfriend and blamed my roomate.

He lived, I still have memories of how close me and my roomate and his cousin came to dying, I was so scared I remember the whole thing frame by frame, even now I remember every detail 12 years later. He was the scariest individual I have ever encountered and I don't think my heart has ever beaten so fast before.

I feel for the guys in combat zones right now to have that feeling all the time.

I graduated the next year and left Florida for good, got my CCW a year later Arizona moved rural and have never had to unholster it in defense since.

Actually, I've been in 3 situations, 2 while working about 20 yrs ago The third and most recent, in the past 1 1/2 yrs I was unarmed at the time, and due to the situation, it was best I wasn't armed. I'll go into specific details in a short time, due to recent Court procedings involving the altercation.
    The two times I was armed, I would have been justified in use of deadly force, but defused the situation before it escalated to that point.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I had to once in a road rage incident,he had a bat when he piled out of his truck,then he saw my .45 and took my suggestion and left,ended peacefully,thank goodness. sj

I've carried open for years now here in south eastern KY. This happened a few months ago. I was a car wash vacuming out my van and a doped up mexican/latino looking guy popped up. I turned and noticed him about a half of a block away, I turned to clean the van a lil more, then looked back a few seconds later. This guy musta made a dash for a group of people near me 'cause he was there in just a few seconds. He musta saw something in the group that made him change his mind about starting trouble with them so he picked me instead. He was obviously high, he shook alot,and was talking to himself as well as me. He said "you're that MFer that robbed me last night now I'm gonna my money or your A?? is gonna pay me". It was kinda cool then so I hooked the grip of my Ruger and lifted it just enough to let him see that I wasn't an easy mark. I never fully unholstered or aimed, or even threatened. I just the look and tool to back it up was all I needed, Thank God for his favors.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

I have carried legally for a little over 5 years, and have had to draw my gun once, to diffuse a possible threat to my life. I was starting to apply pressure on the trigger when the BG decided otherwise. I am very glad he changed his mind!!!!

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Carried 11 years. Never once came close to drawing my gun. *knock on wood* Placed my hand on it in a tense situation, but nobody knew that at the time.

I turned 50 last weekend. I've had ccw's in three different states since I was 21. Yes I've had to draw, several times in different states. The first was when I was still in school at about age 22 and that one is detailed here on this forum.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Been carrying for about 5 years and never had to use it. Did however use a shot gun once to protect my daughter from a group of kids who wanted to kick her a$$(boyfriend stealing). I walked out on the front porch and told them to get off my property, before I start shooting radiators.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

How long have you ... and have you ever been ...
    Since 1995.

Yes. A two-person attack against me, while walking across a parking lot at night. They were ~50yds ahead of me and split up, with the cohort swinging behind me and the leader coming directly at me. The moment the leader crossed outside the line of cars opposite me, I ducked in between two cars, drew my revolver, and suggested he and his friend quickly make alternate plans. They disappeared. Just showing it and my resolve did the trick.

Won't be caught without it again. BTDT. It's no fun.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Since,1983,. And thank God I haven't had to use Deadly Force yet.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Since 1995.

Yes. A two-person attack against me, while walking across a parking lot at night. They were ~50yds ahead of me and split up, with the cohort swinging behind me and the leader coming directly at me. The moment the leader crossed outside the line of cars opposite me, I ducked in between two cars, drew my revolver, and suggested he and his friend quickly make alternate plans. They disappeared. Just showing it and my resolve did the trick.

Won't be caught without it again. BTDT. It's no fun.

I'm curious, for you guys who have shown your weapon and the bad guys left in fear, did you call the cops immediately afterwards to report the incident? If so, did the police confiscate your weapon until the "investigation" was over? Just curious....

azchevy... you a PJ? are those green feet tattoo'd on your body?

I took my advanced high angle rescue training from an ex-PJ who is also a Missouri Medic.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    azchevy... you a PJ? are those green feet tattoo'd on your body?

I took my advanced high angle rescue training from an ex-PJ who is also a Missouri Medic.
    I was a crew chief

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Once in Florida right after I seperated from the AF when I was going to college I had to discharge my BHP twice into a very large angry drugged out haitian gentleman...

"Gentleman"??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links