Holding my shiny new CCDW permit in KY :) - Page 3

Holding my shiny new CCDW permit in KY :)

This is a discussion on Holding my shiny new CCDW permit in KY :) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by teknoid Question: Just how anal is Knox county on the photo for the license? I heard they were strict on it, and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teknoid View Post
    Question: Just how anal is Knox county on the photo for the license? I heard they were strict on it, and will be applying next week. They don't do pictures there, do they?

BTW- as far as rights go, Louisville and Lexington would be the rectum (and I'm from Louisville originally).
    Hey Hey now. Let's watch that kind of talk. Some of us Louisvillians may take offense at that kind of comment and some of us might just laugh. Be thankful that you got the latter here.

I am glad to see more members from KY showing up here on the board. Maybe it is all of the DefensiveCarry.com business cards that I am giving out. Just wish we all lived a little closer together. I think I'm the only one here in the rectum... oh, I mean Louisville.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by a_kayaker View Post
    Hey Hey now. Let's watch that kind of talk. Some of us Louisvillians may take offense at that kind of comment and some of us might just laugh. Be thankful that you got the latter here.

I am glad to see more members from KY showing up here on the board. Maybe it is all of the DefensiveCarry.com business cards that I am giving out. Just wish we all lived a little closer together. I think I'm the only one here in the rectum... oh, I mean Louisville.
    I lived in and around (Churchill, Fern Creek, PRP, Okolona, Highlands) Louisville for a long time. I even tried to transfer back there a couple of times. I don't anymore. Even though most of my family lives there, it disturbs me to see my hometown slowly take on the "nanny state" mentality I had to deal with in Chicago.

I'm usually there 2 weekends a month, but don't know if I want to move back again. The Metro government (and "mayor for life") are destroying the place I call home. It used to be a great place to live, but now, "the sticks" has more freedom (not to mention being a whole lot less expensive). It is a little rough being the only UL fan in the county, though.

This area would seem to fit a_kayaker, too. Lots of water!

Congrats on your new carry permit.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

In Lexington, have not found it to be as unfriendly to the idea as some have mentioned, but then again I do bring up CCW very often either.

Teknoid, you're right they are kinda strict here in Knox county with the pics. In Laurel county the sheriff will take the photo for you for just a few bucks. But where I am they send you to Rite-Aid to take a passport photo which they blow up and charge you $9.87 for it. Plus you can't wear black,red, or light green or so they said in the courthouse.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoozyerdaddy View Post
    Teknoid, you're right they are kinda strict here in Knox county with the pics. In Laurel county the sheriff will take the photo for you for just a few bucks. But where I am they send you to Rite-Aid to take a passport photo which they blow up and charge you $9.87 for it. Plus you can't wear black,red, or light green or so they said in the courthouse.
    Dang... I'm in Knox. Maybe I'll just stop by Rite-Aid on the way to the courthouse.

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links