Wow! In my Fobus, the GLOCK 22 actually conceals!

This is a discussion on Wow! In my Fobus, the GLOCK 22 actually conceals! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was skeptical when I got my GLOCK 22 a few weeks ago. I didn't think that, even in a Fobus paddle holster, it would ...

Thread: Wow! In my Fobus, the GLOCK 22 actually conceals!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

Wow! In my Fobus, the GLOCK 22 actually conceals!

I was skeptical when I got my GLOCK 22 a few weeks ago. I didn't think that, even in a Fobus paddle holster, it would feel comfortable, and not be noticeable, concealed on my frame.

I'm not small but not huge: 5'11", 172 lb. Except for a small layer of blubber that didn't use to be around my middle (which I have sworn to eventually combat), I could even be called sort of slender.

Tonight, I was headed out to . . . <drumroll> Walmart (by way of Denny's for a late dinner) to do some shopping.

I decided to try to carry the G22 for the first time ever. (I have taken it to the range to test it out, but never CCW'd it.) I put the holster on, put a "Punisher" black t-shirt w/ skull logo on, and an unbuttoned collared shirt over that. This is what I usually do when concealing the GLOCK 27 I've had for years.

Well, this Fobus holds the G22 at a more pronounced forward angle than the Fobus for my G27 does -- presumably to draw the butt of the grip forward so it doesn't stick out behind you. The end result was that I felt confident, looking in the mirror, that the gun could not be easily detected on my person under the shirt. I even squatted down and the gun did not protrude out the hem of the shirts.

I went out, spent an hour or so at Denny's and another hour and a half or so at Walmart. Felt very confident in my choice of sidearm, by the way. I had never realized that any gun could feel better to have on than the G27. Nothing wrong with the 27, but the 22 is just that much more gun.

What a great discovery! I'll probably carry the G22 a lot more now; it's competition for the 27!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Aaaaand, now I have to go BACK to Walmart (at nearly 3 a.m.) because I have searched and searched, and the DVD of "Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny" that I bought (it's on the receipt) is not in the bags I got from the store, and nowhere to be found in my car.

Grrr! I wanted to relax and watch it now, and instead I have to schlep back 5 miles or so to the store. Unh!

edit: Well, sure enough, the Walmart was nearly deserted, and I approached a guy with my problem. We went back to the (abandoned) register where I'd checked out, and in a shopping bag alongside the register by the cubicle wall was my DVD. Well, I have it now. So far (10 minutes in) the movie looks to be pretty rockin'!
    Last edited by peacefuljeffrey; May 20th, 2007 at 04:10 AM.

Well, I hope ya at least got the movie. I have found that with the right cover my 1911 in a Fobus Roto-paddle will work, which is a lot easier than taking my IWB on and off.

Carry as big of a firearm as you are comfortable with.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links