Found an AntiGun Establishment....

This is a discussion on Found an AntiGun Establishment.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That is not a legal sign in MO. In MO, a sign must be a minimum of 11 X 14 with 1 inch letters. But ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Found an AntiGun Establishment....

That is not a legal sign in MO. In MO, a sign must be a minimum of 11 X 14 with 1 inch letters.

But heck with them anyways...
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

2. Remove Ads

Congrats. I'm always glad to see a man with a backbone. After he tightens the belt on his piggy bank a few inches I'm sure he'll re-think his stand (I hope). The local Arby's here in Barbourville is posted and I talked to the manager about and told him there's alot of CC patrons that will stop coming here. After the eye rolls and shrugged shoulders he said oh well I still get paid by the hour and the owner can't hear you gripe. But at least I used my voice and talked several people out of goin there from now on.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

You did the talk, and the walk...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    Good deal hope it hurts them.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Quote Originally Posted by Hoozyerdaddy View Post
    After the eye rolls and shrugged shoulders he said oh well I still get paid by the hour and the owner can't hear you gripe.
    Want to bet? The owners name and contact info should be posted somewhere in the building.

Good job. We should always refuse to give our hard earned money to businesses that treat us with such contempt. They need us a lot more than we need them.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoozyerdaddy View Post
    Congrats. I'm always glad to see a man with a backbone. After he tightens the belt on his piggy bank a few inches I'm sure he'll re-think his stand (I hope). The local Arby's here in Barbourville is posted and I talked to the manager about and told him there's alot of CC patrons that will stop coming here. After the eye rolls and shrugged shoulders he said oh well I still get paid by the hour and the owner can't hear you gripe. But at least I used my voice and talked several people out of goin there from now on.
    Hmmm... Looks like you talked one more out of going there. I live just "up the road a piece" fron Barbourville, and am there often. I know one place that I WON'T stop for lunch, now. I don't do business with places that post. There's ALWAYS an alternative.

I am a relatively new to this ccw thing. I don't even have my permit yet--its in the works. What happens if you enter an establishment that "posts"? I assume if varies state by state but just give me the gist(sp?).

(I live in VA for anyone that wants to give me more specific info.)

PM
    Teknoid; call or go online to Arby's national; they can relay you complaint on to the owner. Believe me I work for a nationally known Fast food place(not Arby's) and the national is more concerned about $$ than the hourly staff. I would also include what the "manager" said. Include time and date as well. The manager will recieve a new one for the General Manager and maybe the owner!?! I know my owner would not want to be kepts in the dark about lose of money. He may not respond to the threat but if he got enough . . . the responce would be there!!

Assistant Administrator
    What happens if you enter an establishment that "posts"? I assume if varies state by state but just give me the gist
    kavity - if a state has a legal option for establishments to post ''no guns'' - and that sign meets the laid down criteria then IIRC you break the law by entering armed.

If however a sign is not to laid down std or ... simply a piece of paper with ''no guns'' - you will not break the law per se (in theory) but can be asked to leave, after which persistance could let the owners lay a trespass on you. This is of course over and above the ''usual'' forbidden places . Fed property etc.

I'll leave it to a VA member to be specific for that state.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    Teknoid; call or go online to Arby's national; they can relay you complaint on to the owner. Believe me I work for a nationally known Fast food place(not Arby's) and the national is more concerned about $$ than the hourly staff. I would also include what the "manager" said. Include time and date as well. The manager will recieve a new one for the General Manager and maybe the owner!?! I know my owner would not want to be kepts in the dark about lose of money. He may not respond to the threat but if he got enough . . . the responce would be there!!
    It definitely wouldn't hurt, but it wasn't me that had the experience (that was Hoozyerdaddy). I'd be willing to bet that they have no idea just how many people around here carry, and that number is growing every day. I took my CCDW class Sunday, and there were 15 people there. This is only one of several classes in the area, held monthly. Three of the students were women (one of whom shot better than I did )

There are some places in the country in which we are a very large minority. In those places, we can have some influence on how businesses deal with carrying. The can't call all the shots when the pockets take a hit.

VIP Member
    Good job. I havent ran into this yet. I'm in Western Ky and have yet to see a sign anywhere but the Social security office, the Post office and the courthouse. But.................. if I do, I'll sure let em know I'm not doing business there....

Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    How many anti-gun truckers are there in this country? 3? Whoever owns that store is an idiot. That makes about as much sense as posting an anti-gun sign at a feed-n-seed, a tractor dealership, or some other business that typically serves conservative customers.

Didn't someone post a story here recently about how he and his wife were going to sleep in their truck at a truck stop, and some guy in a car drove up and was about to just break into their truck when he saw the trucker's 1911 and fled? And the trucker looked in the truck stop and found MS-13 gang graffiti posted?

Seems to me you'd be pretty dumb NOT to carry if you're a trucker these days.
    Yes, that was me actually. It happened in Ohio. Thank god I was armed.
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Taco Cabana in the Austin Texas area also as a sign up saying that concealed carry guns are not allowed. I pointed out that the sign was not regulation but they still held to it. I nicely pointed out that I would no longer eat at their establishment. I have since fired off an email to the corporate headquarters.

VIP Member
    Well let me see then... if a "NO GUNS" sign works, then I'm going to put up a "NO CRIME" sign and that'll surely keep me safe!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links