Found an AntiGun Establishment....

This is a discussion on Found an AntiGun Establishment.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know how many drivers are on this board, but I'm a driver. Oak Grove Petro is owned by I-80 Investments. They also own ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Found an AntiGun Establishment....

Cool Oak Grove Petro No Guns

I don't know how many drivers are on this board, but I'm a driver. Oak Grove Petro is owned by I-80 Investments. They also own the Petro in Joplin MO, the T/A in Wolcott IA, and Kenly NC T/A. They also own CAT scales and Truck O Mat truck washes. Stop by the nearest one of those, pick up the brochure that list all their truck stops and then call them in Walcott. By telling them about the sign in Oak Grove, and that you will not use a Cat scale, or a truck O Mat truck wash, you will get their attention. I will be calling them again tomorrow 22 May 2007 and tell them again. If we can get several drivers to call, and non drivers also, we can get that sign removed. Their phone number is 563-284-6965.
    New question. What does IIRC mean? I'm a little slow so type your answers slowly. LOL
    Last edited by Stormtruck2; May 21st, 2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Ain't got no typing skills.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

2. Remove Ads

If I Remember Correctly

Wahhoo! Great Job Storm! That is awesome... I will be following suit as well.
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Assistant Administrator
    IIRC?
    Use the link up top to the right "Help and Information" and then follow link to explore my page on acronyms - it'll fill you in on most we use on the boards
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

OD*
    Nice job Lew.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I think it is always worth the effort to explain why you will no longer frequent an establishment with no guns signs.
    Yup. One or two people doesn't make much difference. But the future revenues for all time from a hundred people, where you also tell a dozen friends ... now, that starts to make a dent, I don't care how busy a spot is. Dips in cash get noticed. Dips for cause get attention paid. Long-term dips get addressed, but only if they know what's "wrong." Just so's you aren't a "dip" about it, I guess.

Kudos on contacting them and making it clear what's wrong.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I used to live in Oak Grove, MO. Know the truck stops well on both sides of I-70.

I'm not a driver, but they don't know that! I'll be calling them too!

What I do know, is that when truckers spend $200 - $300 a pop, for fuel and $20 for a meal, plus showers and laundry... they tend to get their attention more than the guy who just pulls in for $20 in gas for his Ford Taurus and a pack of camel's.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Thumbs up Help and acronyms

Thanks P-95. Followed your advice. Appreciate it. Very helpful.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    I am a relatively new to this ccw thing. I don't even have my permit yet--its in the works. What happens if you enter an establishment that "posts"? I assume if varies state by state but just give me the gist(sp?).

(I live in VA for anyone that wants to give me more specific info.)

In Missouri, carrying a concealed weapon in a prohibited or posted place "Is Not A Criminal Act", but you are subject to fines and suspension of CCW for one year or revoked for 3 years depending on how many times you violated the posted no carry signs.

2. Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) of subsection 1 of this section by any individual who holds a** concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises.

If such person refuses to leave the premises and a peace officer is summoned, such person may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed one hundred dollars for the first offense.

If a second citation for a similar violation occurs within a six-month period, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed two hundred dollars and his or her endorsement to carry concealed firearms shall be suspended for a period of one year.

If a third citation for a similar violation is issued within one year of the first citation, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed five hundred dollars and shall have his or her concealed carry endorsement revoked and such person shall not be eligible for a concealed carry endorsement for a period of three years...

...A concealed carry endorsement suspension pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall be reinstated at the time of the renewal of his or her driver's license. The notice issued by the department of revenue shall be mailed to the last known address shown on the individual's driving record. The notice is deemed received three days after mailing.

Remember, each State has different statutes concerning carrying a weapon in a posted business. Missouri is nice in that it is not considered a criminal act... however other states may differ considerably... It is up to you, to know the laws of your state or any state you travel to!
    Last edited by Bark'n; May 22nd, 2007 at 10:59 PM.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I Live right across the street from that Truck Stop and I've told them they have lost my business there. I just go across I-70 to TA Truck Stop where they do allow people to carry. Food aint as good but the company sure is.

I Left them one of my No Guns No Cash Cards.
    I dont have a P3AT Mouse Gun
    or a G23,,,

Or do I ?

Well written, well spoken, well done!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

VERY NICE.
    Things happen, but the only thing that matters at the end of the day is what you do during and after in order to survive.

I dont know if anyone is intrested in wanting to send a fax to The Oak Grove Petro Truck Stop with thier views of turning away law abiding people with CCW's that actually have Folding Green Dollars to spend at their place of business.

But thier Fax Number is (816) 625-4596

I just hate to see a "Gun Free Zone" as bait for some "whacked out Mass Murder" that alot of hard working truckers and familes frequent.

Dont get me wrong I did not give that so they could get a mass harrassment. Just in case folks would like to view thier opinion in a peaceful manner.
    Last edited by Hoppmeister; May 23rd, 2007 at 11:40 AM.
    I dont have a P3AT Mouse Gun
    or a G23,,,

Or do I ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links