Tenn. Members need help!~!~

This is a discussion on Tenn. Members need help!~!~ within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok well i will be coming down to Tenn from good ole KY, the first weekend of june... Was wondering what the laws are down ...

Thread: Tenn. Members need help!~!~

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar

Tenn. Members need help!~!~

Ok well i will be coming down to Tenn from good ole KY, the first weekend of june... Was wondering what the laws are down there for carrying...

Places I will be going - Church for wedding (Laws prohibiting this?), Get Grub (Any funky laws about restuarants), Hotel (Laws prohibiting this?)
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

2. Remove Ads

A couple of resources that may be of assist:

Concealed Carry Database

Tenn.Gov

Tenn. Firearms Association

Basically just keep a low profile, remain a law abiding citizen and follow the "Stupid Rule":

1) Don't go to stupid places
    2) with stupid people
    3) and do stupid things.

It's my understanding that you shouldn't carry in an establishment serving alcohol...but, see above rules..

Overall pretty much like in KY, for what I can gather.

Hope you have an enjoyable visit.

Stay Safe,

JJ
    Jamie

no carry in places that sell booze or beer for on site consumption
    (this one ticks me off)

no carry if it's posted
    no carry in federal/state buildings

enjoy your stay :-).
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Jackson View Post
    A couple of resources that may be of assist:

Concealed Carry Database

Tenn.Gov

Tenn. Firearms Association

Basically just keep a low profile, remain a law abiding citizen and follow the "Stupid Rule":

1) Don't go to stupid places
    2) with stupid people
    3) and do stupid things.

It's my understanding that you shouldn't carry in an establishment serving alcohol...but, see above rules..

Overall pretty much like in KY, for what I can gather.

Hope you have an enjoyable visit.

Stay Safe,

JJ
    No its not like Ky. In Tn you cant carry in an Applebee's, Hooters, OCharleys etc. Anywhere that serves alcohol. This really burns me up because I go to Nashville quite often. I believe Tn is trying to do the right thing and change this law. I'm not sure but there may be some funky law about parks too, not sure about that. Oh and liquor stores are off limits too........ Oh no , not like good ol Ky.....

No carry in city, state or Federal parks as well.....this one is just stupid as the most frequently encountered type of person in one of our fine city parks in Memphis is Bums and drug addicts.

And remember, here in TN, if a location is posted, it isn't like most other states the sign carries the weight of law. If you carry into a place that is posted, you don't get a trespassing ticket or just asked to leave, you get arrested. Stupid but that is the way it is.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I found this over on TFA:

Date updated: Aug 23, 2005 @ 8:25 pm

It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverage, as defined in 57-3-101(a)(1)(A),. or beer as defined in 57-6-102(1) , are served for on premises consumption.
    Any room in which judicial proceedings are in progress.
    Any public or private school building or bus, on any public or private school campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic field or any other property owned, used or operated by any board of education, school, college or university board of trustees, regents or directors for the administration of any public or private educational institution.
    It is not an offense for a nonstudent adult to possess a firearm, if such firearm is contained within a private vehicle operated by the adult and is not handled by such adult, or by any other person acting with the expresses or implied consent of such adult, while such vehicle is on school property.
    On the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes.
    An individual, corporation, business entity or government entity or agent thereof is authorized to prohibit possession of weapons by any person otherwise authorized by this subsection, at meetings conducted by, or on premises owned, operated, managed or under control of such individual, corporation, business entity or government entity. Notice of such prohibition shall be posted in prominent locations, including all entrances primarily used by persons entering the building, portion of the building or buildings where weapon possession is prohibited.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

robere:

Good point.

Hopefully we can work to get that changed.

Stay Safe,

JJ
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    ...no carry in federal/state buildings..
    Never have found this statue reference. Anyone care to reveal their source???
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Links