New Hampshire non resident ccw

This is a discussion on New Hampshire non resident ccw within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After receiving my Florida non resident permit today, I was in the process of applying for a New Hampshire non resident permit. Reading the non ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire non resident ccw

New Hampshire non resident ccw

After receiving my Florida non resident permit today, I was in
    the process of applying for a New Hampshire non resident permit. Reading the non resident application instruction it states a non resident permit will not be issued unless you supply a copy of your valid ccw permit issued by the state, county or town in which you reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state (in my case Florida, I live in NJ. and yet when I read some other detail on the NH site they state that only resident permits can be used from other states as proof when applying. Sounds kind of confusing. Should I even bother trying to get the NH non resident permit for $20 and risking being rejected on record?? Or am I in my simple mind missing something??? Inputs please

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I am open to correction but I do think you need a res permit as a prime - others which are non-res probably not gonna cut it.

(Although obviously real good if you could get that NH)
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Call and ask. What i got out of the instructions is that you need a resident permit to send a copy of but like you said, it's confusing.

Same...
    Call and ask...go to the source...

Good Luck!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

NH requires a resident permit from 49 states. VT residents can submit a letter from the local chief. (Yes, AK residents must send resident AK permit )

You ever think about moving to florida for two weeks? :-)

If you have a VALID RESIDENT Pistol Permit, Licence to carry issued to you in YOUR State where YOU RESIDE.........send a Photo Copy of BOTH sides of your RESIDENT permit, your RESIDENT drivers' license (I don't really think you need to send the copy of the DL) along with the required fee (20.00) to the Dept of Public safety.. hazen Dr in Concord Nh........you'll be issued a Non Resident Pistol and revolver License for the State of NH...........VERY SIMPLE to do.......you'll get it within about 20 days.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    You should call, the NH State Police Licensing Unit is very professional and a pleasure to deal with.

I do think that NH has changed their policy (although documents may not all reflect this). I think that they realize that there are some places (e.g. CA, NJ, NYC, DC, etc.) where almost nobody can get a Resident CCW/License.

Thus, it is my understanding that they will accept ANY State License to carry that required a background check (NH does NOT do one on NR permits . . . they issue based on the permit you submit as proof).

So, please call them and then report back here what the latest rules are from NH.

Good Luck!
    NRA Instructor

Both my wife and I are new NY residents.
    Neither of us have received our NY permits yet.
    We both applied for NH non-res permits and we both received them by sending a copy of our ME non-res permits.

The current non-resident application says the following.
    A non-resident pistol permit will not be issued unless you supply:
    1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by the state, county, or town in which you reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state.

Hi Bear Claw,

Your FL Non-Resident is good enough. I received my NH Non-Resident about 1 month ago by sending in a copy of my FL Non-Resident.

Good Luck....

Gunster

being from vermont, which does not have permits. you need a letter from the chief stating what?

Quote Originally Posted by metallicorey View Post
    being from vermont, which does not have permits. you need a letter from the chief stating what?
    Just that you are one of the "good guys" basically.
    I think some places refer to this as a letter of "no record". I would cut and past the needed info from the application since it has to address six specific points...specifically, the letter has to include the following:

IF YOU ARE A VERMONT RESIDENT:
    2) A letter from your local police department, verifying that the state you reside in does not require a license to carry
    concealed, and that, to the best of the departmentsí knowledge:
    a) You have never been denied a license to carry,
    b) You have never been convicted of a felony which has not been Annulled,
    c) You are not a user of controlled drugs or narcotics without orders from a physician,
    d) You have not been treated for mental illness, emotional problems, or confined to a mental health facility,
    e) You have no domestic violence petitions that would prevent possession of weapons under federal statute,
    and
    f) In any court of a misdemeanor of domestic violence.

It says on the application it says a copy of your permit from where you reside or a valid permit from another state.

I sent mine in 3 weeks ago. The check was just paid, I'm waiting for the permit to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by metallicorey View Post
    Your Chief has to attest on a Department letterhead to your good character and state that to the best of his knowledge you are a law-abiding citizen. I drove 95 miles to Waterbury in the pouring rain one day to get a copy of a BCI report only to be informed when I got there that they wouldn't give me one. Or the Chief, either. Sent me home with a signed form letter so stating. Chief grumbled, being a New Yorker like he is (he works as a Sargeant in Whitehall and recently arrested Trey Anastasio of Phish for speeding and drinking and smoking pot and possessing prescription drugs that didn't belong to him and like that) but did it anyway.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

A coworker of mine also from Missouri obtained a New Hampshire permit. At the time he had only a non resident PA permit and did not have a Missouri permit. He sent a photo copy of that and recieved his New Hampshire permit in the mail. I think New Hampshire changed the rules in the last year or two to basically include any valid permit issued to you from any state.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

My non-res NH license came today. I used a FL permit to get it, though I don't live in FL.

It kind of surprised me how they don't send a letter or anything just the license in an envelope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links