Anti-Gun Company - Page 2

Anti-Gun Company

This is a discussion on Anti-Gun Company within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently got new contact lenses. The optometrist originally corrected my left (non-dominant) eye for my computer distance and the right (dominant eye) for distance ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-Gun Company

I recently got new contact lenses. The optometrist originally corrected my left (non-dominant) eye for my computer distance and the right (dominant eye) for distance vision. I told him this would not work because I needed to be able to focus better on the front sight of my handgun. He understood, and corrected my right eye for the computer distance, which is basically "arms length". I carried concealed for all of the visits. I never told him that I was armed at the time, just that I shoot handguns.
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

Quote Originally Posted by pwrincross View Post
    Taco Cabana here in the Austin Area has posted a sign prohibiting concealed carry persons from carring their firearms into their establishments. I pointed out that the sign was not the required size and not posted where a "reasonable" person could see it.
    I assume you had a good reason for telling them how to post and thereby ban all you fellow packers from the establishment? Why would you tell them how to be effective antis?

You wouldn't tell a criminal how to properly dissengage the safety on a firearm so why would you tell a posted anti establishment that their sign carries no weight of law?

There were many good responses on this thread and much knowledge on this forum. I was thinking of how to overwhelm and defeat the anti-gun lady's argument and a simple idea came to me. Why not carry some of the essential laws like Chorizo's posting of Idaho State's Title 18 whenever concealed carrying. It could be made into a little handbook of helpful info. for those who question the legality of lawful carry from inquisitive friends or relatives to any outraged ignoramus. There would be no need to carry pages and pages of law; just the important and relevent subjects relating to places of lawful and unlawful carry would do the job. They would immediately realize how the ccw carrier has certainly done his/her homework and the new facts brought to light with the handbook would place that person on the defensive without ever a spoken word. Her argument would be stopped dead in its tracks. I would like to see the look on her or any other anti's face when her absurd statements are met with a calm, professional, well-prepared and knowledgeable response with all the facts in order, and if possible on hand for her to be stunned into submissive silence, or stuttering. Well done Jeff.

Thanks dueler. I was very calm when talking to the distric manager and told her the laws. I think that Choriz's posting in a Handbook is a Great Idea. I will start one and then pass it by everyone here and see what they think then get it printed at Kinko's. Thanks Jeff.
    Always Pack and Keep Your Groups Tight.

Taco Cabana here in the Austin Area has posted a sign prohibiting concealed carry persons from carring their firearms into their establishments. I pointed out that the sign was not the required size and not posted where a "reasonable" person could see it. I let them know that a restaurant was the site of one of the worsts shootings in Texas, (Luby's). I also pointed out that the sign advertises that no one in the store can defend themselves. They told me that it was a corporate policy. I then told them that I would no longer frequent their restaurant and to let corporate know what I said. I sent an email to the corporate office to let them know what I thought of their policy. I will not be back!
    I used to live across the street from Luby's in Killeen while I was in the Army. Scary situation to think about. I will never eat in a restaurant without my pistol.
    JJ Honeycutt- GodGunsGlory.com

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic. - Ted Nugent

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    In my state if the owner or a rep of the business asks you to remove your firearm from the premises you must comply or you are breaking the law.
    Not in Idaho. If it is not banned by the State (there are pre-emption laws in Idaho...only the state can pass gun laws or the feds for federal property) and it is a public establishment, they can't keep you out nor can they make you take off your weapon.

Not only are they wrong, they violate Idaho law. I would go see your county prosecutor/sheriff and press the issue.

Ignorance from a Washington resident working in Idaho should not be tolerated.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Taco Cabana here in the Austin Area has posted a sign prohibiting concealed carry persons from carring their firearms into their establishments. I pointed out that the sign was not the required size and not posted where a "reasonable" person could see it. I let them know that a restaurant was the site of one of the worsts shootings in Texas, (Luby's). I also pointed out that the sign advertises that no one in the store can defend themselves. They told me that it was a corporate policy. I then told them that I would no longer frequent their restaurant and to let corporate know what I said. I sent an email to the corporate office to let them know what I thought of their policy. I will not be back!
    PW

I went around with TC back in September you can see my post http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=13905

After my letter which they did not respond to, they put up the non compliance 30.06
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus 2006 View Post
    Last Thursday I get a call from the Distric manager and she says that the corporate office says that it is Illegal to open-carry or conceal carry in Any branch. .
    I'm suprised that Idaho went to all the rouble to make it illegal to carry in all EYEMASTER branches. Personally I think I would have pointed that out to her.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Not in Idaho. If it is not banned by the State (there are pre-emption laws in Idaho...only the state can pass gun laws or the feds for federal property) and it is a public establishment, they can't keep you out nor can they make you take off your weapon.
    I'd be careful with this one, look beyond the states ccw laws to their laws on trespassing.
    In most states, a business has the right to ask you to leave for any reason, and if you don't comply, you can be charged with trespass.

Also, for those who are so quick to say they will boycott EyeMasters, before doing so make sure that what some Anti-gun "manager" told the op is true, for all we know, she made up the fact that "Corporate" said it is against company policy. I would contact the corporate office directly and ask for a copy of their stores policy's (you don't even have to mention your interest is their stance on CCW in their stores)

There was a thread not long ago about a (iirc) Sam's club that was posted, and the local store manager stated it was company policy to post. This however turned out to not be true, and when the customer complained to the Corporate offices, the manager was made to remove the signs, and was told if he continued to tell customers that it was a company policy, "other actions" would be taken against him (read: he'd likely be fired)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links