Anti-Gun Company

Anti-Gun Company

This is a discussion on Anti-Gun Company within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 2 weeks ago I went to EyeMasters in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho to get an eye exam. I went in and had the exam and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Gun Company

Anti-Gun Company

2 weeks ago I went to EyeMasters in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho to get an eye exam. I went in and had the exam and then proceeded to go to the glasses dept to get my prescribtion filled.

The eye Dr. was cool he has a 44 magnum for when going out in the woods for bears. Sorta gun fanatic,but cool with it same with the office ladies. Buy the way open carrying my Taurus unloaded inside to get my glasses precription correct. No signs of any kind.

Any way the district manager of the glasses dept. was there and had a FIT that I brought a unloaded gun into her store. I told her that it was for the correct prescription for my glasses and that it was Legal to open carry in this state.( She is from Oregon). Anyway she had my leave to remove my gun so I could get my prescribtion filled. So I did and I was talking to her while doing the paperwork and she said that she would talk to the Corporate office to see what were the laws for Idaho. I told her what they were, but she didn't believe me so after I was done I left my name and phone number for her to call me when she found out something.

Ok I left and re-armed in front of the building. The Manger was on my side also and has a Washington CPL so I thought maybe a plus. Last Thursday I get a call from the Distric manager and she says that the corporate office says that it is Illegal to open-carry or conceal carry in Any branch. So I thanked her for the call and told her that I would pass on that information to every LEO in my area,everyone at my shooting range and everyone that I new so that they would NOT COME to EYEMASTERS since NO Guns were allowed.

She told me that she would pass that on to Corporate and get back to me so I am waiting to hear back. I went into EYEMASTERS today to pick up my glasses open carrying and got them fitted by the manager and we talked about guns and so forth and then left. No problems and still No signs. So I will keep checking to see if they actually do put up a sign and let everyone know. Jeff.
    Last edited by P95Carry; May 21st, 2007 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Split into para's for better readability
    Always Pack and Keep Your Groups Tight.

Assistant Administrator
    Be interested to know the outcome.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    She is wrong. Here are the prohibited places that are NON-federal from Idaho code:

Idaho Statutes TITLE 18
    CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
    CHAPTER 33
    FIREARMS, EXPLOSIVES AND
    OTHER DEADLY WEAPONS
    18-3302C. PROHIBITED CONDUCT. Any person obtaining a license under the
    provisions of section 18-3302, Idaho Code, shall not:
    (1) Carry a concealed weapon in a courthouse, juvenile detention facility
    or jail, public or private school, except as provided in subsection (4)(f) of
    section 18-3302D, Idaho Code; or
    (2) Provide information on the application for a permit to carry a
    concealed weapon knowing the same to be untrue. Any person violating the
    provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

She cannot prevent you from carrying.

Here is the link to Idaho code on firearms:

http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/18033KTOC.html
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

It is very sad that someone's irrational fears of something they do not understand can limit another persons legal rights.

Was the same lady not at the store when you went to go get your glasses. If she was there then why was she not freaking out again?

Nice professional way to handle the irrational.

Antgriff
    Things happen, but the only thing that matters at the end of the day is what you do during and after in order to survive.

No the distric manager was not there the 2nd time. I know the Idaho code and the only way to prevent someone from carrying into an establishment is with the 30.06 signs which I DID NOT TELL HER. So she has to find that out for herself. When I hear back from the Distric manager again I will post the answer I got.

In my state if the owner or a rep of the business asks you to remove your firearm from the premises you must comply or you are breaking the law.

That district manager needs the services of a good proctologist to remove that cob.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Yea, you are legally allowed to carry openly into a business. The only power they have is to refuse you service. Which is only shooting themselves in the foot (no pun intended), after you inform all of your law abiding buddies not to do business with them.

As a Coeur d'Alene resident, I'll be sure to spread the word about EYEMASTERS distaste for your rights.
    Last edited by passtheammo; May 21st, 2007 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    In my state if the owner or a rep of the business asks you to remove your firearm from the premises you must comply or you are breaking the law.
    I am pretty sure Azchevy is right, but you might be alright seeings how the store manager sounds to be on your side.
    Question why was your gun unloaded??
    LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE "GRAVE" SAFELY ,IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY.BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING "HOLY S@#$...WHAT A RIDE"

Quote Originally Posted by passtheammo View Post
    Yea, you are legally allowed to carry openly into a business. The only power they have is to refuse you service. Which is only shooting themselves in the foot (no pun intended), after you inform all of your law abiding buddies no to do business with them.

As a Coeur d'Alene resident, I'll be sure to spread the word about EYEMASTERS distaste for your rights.
    I wish we had that freedom out here. It is utterly ridiculous that some places do that, I mean if I was going to rob you what am I going to do see your sign and say "oops can't rob them today no guns allowed" and turn around and go home?

Makes no sense

Taco Cabana here in the Austin Area has posted a sign prohibiting concealed carry persons from carring their firearms into their establishments. I pointed out that the sign was not the required size and not posted where a "reasonable" person could see it. I let them know that a restaurant was the site of one of the worsts shootings in Texas, (Luby's). I also pointed out that the sign advertises that no one in the store can defend themselves. They told me that it was a corporate policy. I then told them that I would no longer frequent their restaurant and to let corporate know what I said. I sent an email to the corporate office to let them know what I thought of their policy. I will not be back!

My gun was unloaded just before I entered the building so the eye Dr. could Actually see what problems I was having with the gun in my hands and measure and set his machine so that I could see normally and while shooting at the range with the gun.

Wecome to the forum passtheammo. Sit back read and enjoy and have fun. I hope to see you around town sometime and share some stories. Jeff.
    Last edited by Taurus 2006; May 21st, 2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: forgot screen name.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I guess Eyemaster isn't looking to have any of the firearms community as patients.
    ignorance is a syndrome with some people
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    Sadly you could still be in trouble for trespassing if they ask you to leave and you don't. Sounds like you handled it perfectly.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links