Solution/problem

Solution/problem

This is a discussion on Solution/problem within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We’ve all heard the old truism: ‘If you aren’t part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. Somehow, we never seem to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solution/problem

Solution/problem

We’ve all heard the old truism: ‘If you aren’t part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. Somehow, we never seem to realize how seriously that concept effects crime in our home towns. We need to take this seriously.

Whenever someone says about criminals ‘Just give them what they want’, they are part of the problem. Whenever people are afraid to tell the police what they witnessed, they are part of the problem. Whenever people are afraid to testify against the scum, they are part of the problem. Whenever judges give suspended sentences to repeat offenders, give violent criminals short sentences, or parole boards prematurely turn this scum loose again, they are part of the problem.

After all the positive reinforcement we have given to the people who do these horrible things, it is no wonder that they think it is their God given right to rape and plunder.

I, like many others in this forum, would prefer to live out my life without any violent confrontation. However, if you are met with bad people doing evil deed, you either need to bring those acts to an end, or you too are part of the problem.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    I, like many others in this forum, would prefer to live out my life without any violent confrontation. However, if you are met with bad people doing evil deed, you either need to bring those acts to an end, or you too are part of the problem.
    Works for me...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Assistant Administrator
    Whenever someone says about criminals ‘Just give them what they want’, they are part of the problem
    That in particular is oh so true and I am tired of hearing such ''high-ups'' as police chiefs spouting it over and over. The BG's must love reading about that - makes their crime profession potentially that bit easier if they have nice compliant victims.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    I believe we are talking about the age old problem of sheep here guy's. Why fight the bad guy when you can give in to him. It's easier and you don't have to do anything but maybe die.

Someone posted the other day what the "Illinois State Police" recommends in a violent encounter. That is absolutely unconscionable!

I agree 100% with obxned!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator

Giving the criminal what they want is no guarantee these days that you'll come out of it alive and unscathed.
    That is a very good logical reason not to give the bad guy whatever he wants.
    If necessary...I will give him what I want him to have rather than what he wants and it's going to hurt like hell.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I will not submit to a criminal. Even if it means my death. I will not take it. I will not be a hostage. I will not be a victim. I have accepted that the outcome of my actions may end in my death. I do not care. No scumbag will prey on me. Ever.

Criminals expect people to be compliant. Their used to it. The more people stand up to thugs, instead of giving in. The less these punks will be will be apt to prey on decent people. This goes further than personal defense. Watching your neighbor, block watches, calling in DUI's, Making Judges responsible for light (or non existent ) sentences. So forth and so on. We are being held hostage in our own country by these criminals.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I'm with "azchevy" 100%. I might go down, but I'll make sure the BG(s) know they were in a fight.

The only situation that I can't seem to wrestle to a satisfactory conclusion in my head is what I would do if my loved ones are in the line of fire (i.e. held at gunpoint/knife point by BG...) I hold their lives above my own, but if there are in harms way, I can't see myself just lashing out. Even just simply resisting is a proposition with consequences that make me sick to my stomach...
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Whenever someone says about criminals ‘Just give them what they want’, they are part of the problem.
    Amen!

YES!!

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I will not submit to a criminal. Even if it means my death. I will not take it. I will not be a hostage. I will not be a victim. I have accepted that the outcome of my actions may end in my death. I do not care. No scumbag will prey on me. Ever.
    I'd like to think I'm resolved that way, too.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Giving the criminal what they want is no guarantee these days that you'll come out of it alive and unscathed.
    I read a LOT of news; I'm like a sponge for it, an addict for it.
    And so I come across a lot of stories about criminal predation (you might say those stories preoccupy me these days).

And I have to say that what you observed above is true, and becoming more and more so! I believe it has always been wrong to capitulate to evildoers; but society allowed itself to believe it was a good way to get them to go on their way (with your stuff, of course). Nowadays we seem to be dealing with an utterly different breed of criminal. If criminals were malevolent in days gone by, they are . . . ultra-malevolent today. The time to appease them is well and clearly past.

We fight.

VIP Member
    I'm gonna go against the grain a little here. To me , its the difference between adults and kids. Or someone that lives in a state like Illinois.( I have 2 sisters and a brother that lives there, and yes I know its by their own choice ). If my daughter worked at a store and it was robbed, I would suggest she do what the man tells her to do, her odds ARE better that she will come home alive. She is 18 and cant carry anyway, what defense would she have? I'm not talking about a stop and rob, she wouldnt work there anyway. Any place can be robbed. When one is staring down a gun and you have no gun, what do you do besides comply?
    I'm sure many police chiefs that are on tv saying "just do what they say" are screaming in the back of their minds "get yourself a gun and defend yourself". But its sad to say the media wouldnt stand for it and the lefty's wouldnt either. Hopefully that'll change before long.
    I'm all for "do something about it and arm yourself". We need to all take a stand and defend ourselves against these punks, look out for number 1. But in some cases, I'd have to say, the odds are better one is going home by complying ( If you're not armed) There is no gaurantee anyone is going home , its up to the criminal ( sad to say ). I also understand it gives the criminals more confidence to hear someone say "just give them what they want".
    I wouldnt want my daughter to die over a few dollars. because of some punk. She will get her permit when she is 21, she's already looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Nowadays we seem to be dealing with an utterly different breed of criminal. If criminals were malevolent in days gone by, they are . . . ultra-malevolent today. The time to appease them is well and clearly past.
    No, there's always been "ultra-malevolent" criminals around. Think back to the Wild West and the criminals Wyatt Earp dealt with. The difference was, back then, they were hunted down and killed. Now we bend over backwards to appease them.

VIP Member
    Others have said it better than I:
    Resolved: That the right to defend one's life, family, liberty, and property is a God-given right, supported by Scripture and illustrated in God's Law as seen in nature. Any person, group or government, which would attempt to deprive one of this right, or attempt to persecute, prosecute or punish one for exercising this right, violates God's Law and is an enemy of God's People. Weapons are essential for self-defense and Jesus admonished His followers to purchase a sword. A firearm is the modem equivalent of a sword, thus gun control in any form or manner is in opposition to God's Law. - "The Remnant Resolves"

“If violent crime is to be curbed it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore, what he must be taught to fear is the victim." - Jeff Cooper, the father of modern combat hand gunning.

"He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one that hath no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God hath enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.” - A sermon, Philadelphia 1747.

"As long as law-abiding citizens assume no personal responsibility for combating crime, liberal and conservative programs for curbing crime will fail." - Jeffrey R. Snyder, The Public Interest, No.113, Fall 1993.

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of moral crisis, do nothing." - Dante

"A man ought to do what he thinks is right…"- John Wayne

"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.” - Patrick Henry

Luke 11:21 "When a man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are undisturbed."

"If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose that freedom. And the irony of it is that, if it is comfort or security that it values more, it will lose that too." - Somerset Maugham

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands, which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams, Debates of 1776.

"Such poor miserable creatures have misplaced values and are hiding their cowardice behind pretended family responsibility, blindly returning to see that the most glorious legacy that one can bequeath to posterity is LIBERTY; and that the only true security is liberty." - Marvin Cool

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; 'tis dearness only that gives everything it's value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated " - Thomas Paine (1 776)

"An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty. It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense, July 1795.

"No rights are respected but those that are maintained by force." - Chief Justice John Marshall

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Ceaser Beccria.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links