Statement of the Century, Lets Discuss. - Page 5

Statement of the Century, Lets Discuss.

This is a discussion on Statement of the Century, Lets Discuss. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Scheetz I'd rather be killed than take another life any day, no matter how tortured they are. Perhaps not a popular view, ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Statement of the Century, Lets Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Scheetz View Post
    I'd rather be killed than take another life any day, no matter how tortured they are. Perhaps not a popular view, but it's mine.

I asked this guy what the hell is wrong with him. That he would rather let a man/woman kill him then fight back! If thats how he wants to live his life so be it. But good lord, I would never lay on the ground and watch my life taken from me by some BG.

Does this take Sheep to a new level?

Doesn't matter. I've taken oaths to protect their belief. I don't have to agree with them to respect them or respect their beliefs. As long as they don't try to interfere with my belief in the sanctity of life, I won't try to interfere with theirs. All I you can say is "good luck with that brother" and put a few more rounds down range for them.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Sorry Guy,

I am Scots-Irish, them what tries to do unto me gets done unto them.

The problem is that I will try to protect you also. Such is the world!
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

Administrator
    I think that some people do not have a strong feeling of self worth.

Some other people obviously have conditioned themselves to believe that they are "non-violent people" and will remain non-violent no matter what.

Some obviously place great amounts of trust in Lady Luck and believe that "Nothing has happened to me so far...so nothing ever will."

Some believe that they are safe because they live in a "safe" area.

Some I guess are spiritual enough to believe that God will prevent them from ever becoming a hapless victim.

Some truly believe that just talking on their Cell Phone will keep them out of harms way.

Some just never want to think about self defense at all.
    They refuse to think about it and will not even consider any means of possible self~defense no matter what might possibly unfold.
    They will not even carry OC spray.

Some believe that if they just fully cooperate and comply AKA "totally submit" that they can offer up their "material things" and will come through any event alive and OK.

Others believe various combinations of the above and are so far gone that it would be impossible for them to ever develop any sort of workable self defense mindset.

It's just the way it is and there is not much that I can do about it.
    I do not believe that the above examples of skewed thinking automatically make these folks bad people.
    I just think they are somewhat delusional but, that is fine with me if they are.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Being a liberal must be miserable. What else could cause someone to lie quietly and be murdered? Perhaps this person should be placed on suicide watch.

It does, actually. Good for you for noticing it.

That statement is what happens when you not only take the stance of a victim and anti-gunner, but associate such a stance with intrinsici, heroic morality.

Someone on their side realizes this idealogical war is a moral one, it's about time we did too! And I'm not talking of christianity, either.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

...we are NOT a free people.

VIP Member
    my wife said something like this person's statements when I first talked about getting my pistol for self defense, she said she didn't think she could shoot another person, even in self-defense.
    I told her straight up that I would do whatever it took to defend me, her, our family, etc., because a BG doesn't value his life nor ours. That was in 1998 right after we got married. Over the past few years I've made it a point to show her things on TV concerning LE situations, magazine articles on self defense and crime, and info from news websites.
    Now she carries a Glock 26, sometimes a Keltec knife and OC, knows how to shoot em both well, along with my Mossy and AK. She has no qualms about defending herself, me, or our son. Its amazing how much people can change their minds over the course of time, and I'm glad for it.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    Fact is we live in a fallen world and it aint my home, I'm only visiting. I make my visit what it is. The reason Jesus taught/teaches in parables was/is because so many could/would not understand. Same thing is true today.

Following Jesus gives me a greater, more abundant and eternal life along with peace; a peace that surpasses understanding. I can defend life by taking another. Perhaps not a popular view, but it's mine.
    +1 Mine as well!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

I asked this guy what the hell is wrong with him. That he would rather let a man/woman kill him then fight back! If thats how he wants to live his life so be it. But good lord, I would never lay on the ground and watch my life taken from me by some BG.

It must require a very potent sickness of the mind.
    It must require that a person view himself as so unworthy, so low, that the life of a pernicious, vicious, callous criminal is still too sacred to end, no matter what evil it is perpetrating. This reflects a distortion of the view that "life is precious" -- taking that view to a degree that is patently absurd.

What if an evil person was among a line of 2,000 people like the one you describe, carrying a fully fueled chainsaw?

As he approaches each and every one of those people, each one decides to lay down his life and agree to be murdered, because he's unwilling to kill the murderer. And so we go through 2,000 chainsaw murders because none of them have the proper understanding and perspective on the sanctity of life, just a hypersimplified and dogmatic, senseless one.

And sure, this idiot pacifist is not going to agree with my scenario, because he'll focus on the idea that we'll never see a line of 2,000 people standing before a murderer with a chainsaw. But so what? Those 2,000, or 200, or 20, or even just 2 people might not be in the immediate vicinity, but they may be separated by time and space; they may be the people the murderer will victimize at some later date after he has killed the pacifist who could have stopped him and saved later victims, but refused to.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfClanMcnab View Post
    Being a liberal must be miserable. What else could cause someone to lie quietly and be murdered? Perhaps this person should be placed on suicide watch.
    Um, nah. I'm not about to care whether a guy who doesn't value his own life goes and kills himself.

I have two comments:

First, I feel privileged to live in a country where an individual can feel safe enough to feel that sort of conviction. I doubt that there are many people in Somalia or Darfur that could make that statement with conviction.

Second, I feel that all people will fight when they realize that their life is threatened. Some people will begin to fight when they realize they are dying, and others (like the members of this forum) will begin to fight before they are being killed. Reactive versus proactive - I belong to the latter group.
    Lifetime NRA Member
    Bleeding Heart, Gun-Toting Liberal (sort of)

This is one of the things that leads to the downfall of civilizations. When the will to overcome and defeat adversity has been lost, when the will to defend your own freedom, much less your own life is lost, so is your way of life. Someone will step in and take advantage of the complacency, it could be an outside invader, but it is much more likely to be from the inside, where you least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
    The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
    wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
    they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
    it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
    And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not
    warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
    resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
    to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
    in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
    time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."
    The man wasn't kidding people. I'm not advocatig a violent overthrow of the government every 20 years, but what is happening with 2A rights today is removing that ability, people are lethargic and complacent about it, thats what gets you in to the position in the first place.

Why has there never been a SCOTUS ruling on the 2A to stop federal and state legislatures from infringing on this right? Has the right person not been offended? Anna Nicole Smith got a freaking SCOTUS ruling on her Late husbands will. HOW THE HELL DOES CRAP LIKE THAT GET THROUGH ...

I think I just had another stroke....
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links